Customize

John Sweeney's book 'Church of Fear: Inside the Weird World of Scientology'

Discussion in 'Media' started by Anonymous, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

From postings on Twitter it seems John Sweeney is writing a Scientology book called "The Church of Fear"
    Great News!

• Like Like x 16
    • Winner Winner x 7
  2. Anonymous Member

Someone needs to shoop John and Mark's heads onto this bizzle...

The-Sweeney-poster.jpg
  3. Random guy Member

Another one! Oh, next year's going to be rough for the cult!
    • Agree Agree x 5
  4. RolandRB Member

Just when they really, really needed to get new paying public through the doors of the Ideal Orgs in order to survive 2013.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. RightOn Member

a library of entheta coming out this year!
    wonder if the cover will be of him and Davis screaming at each other lol
  6. Anonymous Member

7. The Wrong Guy Member

From Twitter:

john sweeney@johnsweeneyroar
    Oh, @bengoldacre, I praise your book #BadPharma in #TheChurchOfFear, out in 2013, on #Scientology. You're not with the Church, I presume?

Church of #Scientology says I am reporter from the depths of journalism hell: http://www.freedommag [dot] org/special-reports/bbc/john-sweeney-lies-and-lives-of-desperation.html … … Look out for #TheChurchOfFear in 2013

Unrepentant Jacobin@Ex_Idiotarian
    Hi @johnsweeneyroar Did you find The Master to be a useless, turgid waste of time?

@Ex_Idiotarian No, I liked The Master very much, especially the bit where the sceptic calls it a cult. At that, I sighed with relief.
  8. ZeroC Member

9. amaX Member

Bless Sweeney.
    Cult Watch Day 2,419
    Rest in peace, Shawn Lonsdale
    • Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. HellRazor Member

Nobody (journalists) fears the CoS anymore.
    • Agree Agree x 5
  11. Anonymous Member

it should be. it's the most recognizable image of Scientology after Lisa McPherson's dead body.
  12. Anonymous Member

Yep. Shawn Lonsdale - we got it!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Anonymous Member

hehehehe
  14. RolandRB Member

2013 is not going to be a good year for the cult!
  15. blownforgood Member

Video'd whole trip on 3 cams. It was pretty creepy.

BFG
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. Anonymous Member

will it be posted to YT?
  17. Anonymous Member

Prove it ; )
  18. Anonymous Member

anything new or just the same regurgitated old shit?
  19. Anonymous Member

Trip to Gold with BFG and 3 cameras? I'd say something new.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Chaps,

Look out for The Church Of Fear: Inside The Weird World of Scientology, out Jan 7, through @silvertailbooks and on Amazon, nook, kobo, iBooks, all of them, here and in the US.
    'John Sweeney is genuinely evil' - Church of Scientology blog.

Mr Sweeney. Twitter @johnsweeneyroar
    [IMG]

21. ZeroC Member

You should put that on the cover.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. fishypants Moderator

Can haz pre-order:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Church-Fear-Inside-Scientology/dp/1909269034/

http://www.waterstones.com/waterstonesweb/products/john sweeney/the church of fear/9525030/

51LvTkNTOvL._SL500_.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

I like John Sweeney.
    • Agree Agree x 4
  24. wolfbane Member

Fify
    • Agree Agree x 3
  25. Anonymous Member

Yes, you are right. Thank you for the correction.
    Love John Sweeney.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. ZeroC Member

I'd decide to paraphrase as we know how those Scientology folk like to sue for intellectual property rights and what not.

2qi3287.jpg.png
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  27. ZeroC Member

Trust me John, this will sell more books. Why not just suggest it to your publisher, see what they say? No charge of course, though feel free to donate to the site if you use it.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  28. ZeroC Member

Or just donate to the site anyway. Help keep us fighting the good fight.
    • Like Like x 3
  29. BlooAnon Member

Oooo! I like the cover! Very striking and I love the scratch board (or pen) illustration. I look forward to your book, Mr Sweeney!
    • Agree Agree x 3
  30. leafs Member

Looking forward to this. I'm curious. Real curious.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  31. RolandRB Member

I hope he hasn't got any cats or dogs as pets. Life can be "rough" on the pets of SPs.

But then again, the City of London Corporation award them every year the grand total of £280K of British taxpayer's money because they have concluded they are a charity after doing exhaustive tests, which even included visiting their premises, so we should respect their decision.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  32. fishypants Moderator

by John "Genuinely Evil" Sweeney

?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  33. anon walker Moderator

"He is evil."
    --"Church" of Scientology

Yeah, I'd put that right up there on the cover, right next to my "drug dealing terrorist" label.
    • Like Like x 1
  34. The Wrong Guy Member

Tony Ortega posted this on Facebook:

SCIENTOLOGY IN 2012: We asked John Sweeney, Paulette Cooper, Mark Bunker, Richard Behar, Mark Ebner and more to reflect on what the past year brought for the church. And now we want to hear your thoughts on this amazing year of Scientology news!

Scientology in 2012: John Sweeney, Paulette Cooper, and More Look Back on a Year of Crisis for the Church « The Underground Bunker

http://tonyortega.org/2012/12/20/sc...look-back-on-a-year-of-crisis-for-the-church/
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  35. The Wrong Guy Member

Tony Ortega posted this on Facebook:

What a treat for New Year's Eve! John Sweeney and Marc Headley recently drove out to Trementina to try and get into Scientology's strange vault there, which was built to store L. Ron Hubbard's words in case of nuclear attack. They didn't get inside, but we know what's there because we interviewed someone who actually helped build it!

John Sweeney and Marc Headley Visit Scientology’s Odd New Mexico Vault

On January 7, BBC reporter John Sweeney’s book about Scientology, The Church of Fear, hits bookstores, and he thought of a great way to promote it.

About a month ago, he flew to the US and joined former church member and Blown for Good author Marc Headley for a trip to the Trementina vault in New Mexico.

Earlier this year, we put together a comprehensive article about the strange vaults that one of Scientology’s most secretive entities, the Church of Spiritual Technology, has also dug in California and Wyoming in order to secure L. Ron Hubbard’s writings and lectures against nuclear attack. For our piece, we had the help of a former CST employee, Dylan Gill, who gave us some rare insights about these strange facilities.

Article, and open comments:
    http://tonyortega.org/2012/12/31/jo...dley-visit-scientologys-odd-new-mexico-vault/
    • Like Like x 3
  36. The Wrong Guy Member

Tom Cruise cult’s bizarre game of musical chairs | The Sun

By Ben Jackson

SCIENTOLOGISTS were forced to play a sinister game of musical chairs to decide who should be in the cult’s inner circle, a new book reveals.

Church members danced frantically to Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody until 4am. The mad ritual in a “punishment cell” dubbed The Hole climaxed in violent scenes, says John Sweeney in his book The Church of Fear.

Ex-sect member Tom DeVocht told the BBC Panorama investigator that competitors faced rejection by leader David Miscavige — a pal of Scientologist superstar Tom Cruise — if they lost a chair place.

DeVocht, a builder, said: “Everybody played the game with this mental anguish. People were breaking down. It was a very eerie, strange thing.”

A chair was smashed in two as a winner was decided in the cell — built from two trailer homes at the sect’s California HQ, Gold Base, at Gilman Hot Springs.

DeVocht claims he was a long-time friend of Miscavige, 52, until he left the weird sect in 2005. He said Miscavige — Cruise’s best man at his 2006 wedding to Katie Holmes — hit him twice.

The Church and Miscavige deny all claims of abuse and violence. They say Sweeney, who erupted in fury at a Scientology member in a BBC programme in 2007, is psychotic, a liar and a bigot.

The Church of Fear — Inside the Weird World of Scientology by John Sweeney, published on January 7 by Silvertail Books. Paperback £12.99 and ebook £3.99 www.silvertailbooks.com

From www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4720743/Tom-Cruise-cults-bizarre-game-of-musical-chairs.html
    • Like Like x 5
  37. Nice.
  38. YouSeeNothing Member

Where's Tommy Davis when you need him?