Customize

Jenna Miscavige Hill on Nightline 4-24-08

Discussion in 'Media' started by Nick McKussik, Apr 23, 2008.

1. exOT8Michael Member

Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

They are not now in a position to do much harm, thank goodness, but I know the level of fanaticism that, if it went unchecked, would lead to "SP" murders on a wide scale. The "Sea Org" would kill to succeed.

The big irony is that the Scientologists say they want to achieve Hubbard's philosophy of "a world without insanity, criminality and war" but to do it (and they are not going to succeed) they are USING insanity, criminality and war.
  2. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

Tivo doesn't know that Nightline starts at 11:35 and ends at 12:05 ?
  3. Ten Tigers Member

Zingity-POW!!! ^^^THIS!!!

:fuckyou:
    :anon:
  4. anonypuffs Member

i think moreso that hubbard re-defined 'insanity, criminality, and war' to be 'anything that is not scientology'
  5. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but ABC News (or some program on ABC, I wasn't really listening) mentioned that the Jenna Miscavige story is in their top 3 most read stories right now.
  6. monamia Member

the people's republican army showed us that fanaticism is good for about 3 generations, the third was the cultural revolution, and that was fail on every front. burned the books, killed the intellectuals, enclosed the country. red china.

mao and l ron.
    wonder what l ron thought of mao.
  7. mudkipstoat23 Member

I only just got round to Torrenting and watching it, but I think that was pretty epic win. The $cilon response at the end was SO fucking lame, and read so much like a form letter (INSERT NAME HERE wouldn't have surprised me at all) that it probably did even MOAR for us than Jenna's story did. And she was awesome.
  8. mudkipstoat23 Member

LMAO Hubbard?
  9. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

Actually, I seem to remember from Astra's interview on XenuTV that she was sent a freeloader bill, and there was a remark from her father that she actually sent a payment before he let her know that she wasn't actually legally responsible for paying that BS piece of paper.

Been a while, so I could be wrong (it might have been her sister), but I'm fairly sure that was the case.
  10. Unlisted Member

That's fucking genius right there, +40 internets for you
  11. anonykitten Member

I'm sorry, but Nightline sucks - they completely failed to mention that, you know, Scientology is a dangerous scam that lures people in with new-age sounding self-improvement courses and hundreds of thousands of dollars later tells them it's really all about removing the ghosts of dead aliens from their bodies.

Anyone watching this would assume Scientology is mostly just another kooky religion, and this is really the sort of message we don't want out there.
  12. Anon23525 Member

Re: Jenna Miscavige Hill on Nightline 4-24-08

To bad the story wasn't picked up by lots of other media.
  13. Ludwigvanon Member

I disagree. I think the Nightline piece was A GOOD START. In a 30 min. slot, they had to focus on a few points, and could not go into every aspect. They did a credible job on disconnection, forced abortions, child abuse/neglect, and lack of education. These are hot-button issues that have even my mom's golf group all abuzz (they now think of co$ as a dangerous cult, and not just a wacky, off-beat religion). Plus, the piece mentioned Jason Beghe, Anonymous (as "activists", not terrorists) and showed Cruise and Miscavige as fools. And the $cienos non-response was so lame. "David Miscavige cannot comment due to his ecclesiastical position in the church". Puleeze - he is no clergy, and co$ is no church. Maybe they meant his "egomaniacal" position...
    I applaud ABC for having the balls to show this interview, and I've heard that Jenna has a deal in the works with CNN. So be patient and hang in for the long haul. This was a huge victory.:yay:
  14. Hieronymous Member

who cares, they'll want their own ESK scoops soon enough. If it isn't fashionable now we will MAKE it fashionable
  15. Re: Jenna Miscavige Hill on Nightline 4-24-08

Can't Scientology see that this is the Beggining of the end? David's neice leaving and Jason Beghe. Just wait Scientology, more and more people will see your lies.
  16. rhetoric Member

I hope it isn't mostly us causing these stats -- then again, I guess it would give the story itself a higher profile, thereby attracting more nonanon readers...
  17. anonangl Member

Almost a week later and when you click that link their interview is the 1 that auto plays, yipeeeeee.
    Angl
  18. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

I don't think some 10,000 anonymous have that kind of impact. Someone else pointed out that this program got ABC about 1 million more viewers than normal for that time slot. So the story was of interest to a lot more people than just anonymous.

We are having an impact! Brining attention to this cause will make more people aware, which causes more media to notice...it's a snowball effect.
  19. anonangl Member

I've been directing everyone I know to the ABC site for the video, others are probably doing so also.
    Angl
  20. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

Nightline covered the forced abortions, which is about as inflammatory as you can expect for the first mainstream TV coverage of Scientology abuses in history.

If they had mentioned the truly weird stuff, a lot of listeners would have tuned out and rejected the whole show.
  21. HattoriHanzo Member

Jenna said, "They left out a ton of stuff though which is always a little bit of a bummer ...."

That's the understatement of the century. She ended up looking like an illeterate whiney little brat.
  22. Ludwigvanon Member

And you look like a fool for saying this. :fuckyou: She did not whine, she told the truth. She and the other ESK have shown tremendous courage coming out of this cult. If there are any gaps in her education, it is $cientology's fault. Show some respect, and at least learn how to spell 'illiterate' correctly before criticizing someone. :frustration:
  23. Re: Jenna Miscavige Hill on Nightline 4-24-08

Either this guy HattoriHanzo is a troll, or is the whiniest whiner in the Universe. Check out all his posts. All FOUR of them. All the same baaaaawww
  24. anon1958 Member

I recorded the interview with Jenna. After watching, my first impression was this piece has been edited like crazy. I realized it because I have spent alot of time reading and learning at exscientologykids.com. I wondered what the average uninformed (re:scientology) viewer thought about the interview. I'm afraid there are some that may think she wanted special privileges and didn't want to work because she is the niece of the "CEO". I hope not but the interviewer didn't dig very deep and made Jenna look like she was overreacting...sort of the much ado about nothing copout.....
  25. Nimrod321 Member

This video is a let down, utterly and totally.

I feel that no public information channel will ever reveal the true issues.

This video just damaged what has been going on, making the public most likely seeing this as another small protest against an organization that makes children "work hard".

It's sad really, yet perhaps this just means that we have to get that message out there.
    Since no one else will obviously voice it, why can't we?

Is there no other way to inform the world publicly of this?

This disturbs me.
  26. HattoriHanzo Member

She said herself the show was a "bummer" because they didn't include all she said. She said "they left out a ton of stuff."

I am agreeing with her! She is right.

On top of leaving a ton of stuff out, they made her look awful. You have to admit that. Between the hair, the outfit, and chopping up what she said, she did end up unfortunately looking like a whiney little brat. And a badly dressed one at that.

Don't flame me for saying it like it is. Lying to these girls won't help them either!
  27. evey Member

don't lose heart, this is just the beginning - most media organisations are still too afraid to touch the scientology issue AT ALL, the fact they even ran the story, editted or no, is a massive win in the "getting people to talk about it" stakes.
  28. Hieronymous Member

As much as I agree this shit is touch football for the Scientologists, you all have to remember talking about Scientology was and is a legal liability, so people are still peeking their heads out to make sure the cost is clear.

Think about this way, even if the media blew their load right off the bat and hit every talking point we wanted them to it might not get anywhere right now. We need a steady flow of information coming out to keep us lubricated since this movement is going to stay afloat for a long time. And long time is long my friends. Remember, they still lose far more in these minor coups than we do.
  29. Spork Member

Not at all. The piece was a 23-minute plug for anti-Scn websites. ESK and ESMB were mentioned specifically.

Let's see. A 30-second spot during "Nightline" costs how much ... ? (Anyone here a media buyer?)
  30. googoomuck Member

Catty post is catty. I didn't think she looked bad, I thought she looked scared. You would be too if you were being harassed by OSA.

What, precisely, made you think that they came off looking like brats?