Customize

Jenna Miscavige Hill on Nightline 4-24-08

Discussion in 'Media' started by Nick McKussik, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

all I have to say is...EPIC WIN
  2. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

I am FUCKING PISSED! Every single one of my posts in the comments section was removed.
    Off to create a new ID and start all over. Fuck that noise, no one is gonna keep me quiet.
  3. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

Peeps, comments are getting deleted left and right, you might want to check and see if yours are still there.
  4. Plups Member

Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

I emailed them to say I suspect the CoS are flagging comments as "violations" to suppress them.
  5. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

I wrote the following to nancy (paraphrased, I didn't save it)

gold info packet
    english translation of bavarian case against cos (small pdf)
    jason beghe interview
    jenna miscavige hill interview
    wikileaks category scientology
    glosslip category scientology
    radaronline search scientology
    gawker search scientology

and then finished it off saying if penthouse had the guts to do this interview in the 80's: (Penthouse, Inside the Church of Scientology An Exclusive Interview with L Ron Hubbard Jr (AKA Ron DeWolfe)), who's going to step up to the plate now?
  6. Delaware Member

I think it was a great first effort. I say first because if this follows the trend of most expose type stories, other networks will follow and try to one-up ABC on the content and "secrets" revealed. They will try to delve deeper, especially if it was a heavily watched program that generates a lot of buzz on the ABC website.

To keep the floodgates opening, comment on it. Give ABC feedback. Write to other programs on other networks. Talk about it, blog about it, link to it, embed it.

Demand more.

Hell, call your congressman, your senators. Write to them citing the ABC piece. Express your concern and maybe there will be a federal inquiry. Point them or their aides and handlers to the right websites. "In addition to the Nightline piece, I feel it is worthy to note and look into that the Church of Scientology stockpiles weapons." That oughta get some attention.

The Nightline segments seemed a win to me, and I am understating greatly. It may have come across as a little soft to many of us, but many here have been researching the abuses and horrors for much longer than ABC has. To the average Joe who thinks Tom Cruise and Scientology are fucked in the head but harmless, I'm sure this was a HUGE smack to the back of the head as to just how dangerous this cult is.

This was a win on a huge scale. It is now safe for the media to talk about Co$. This is just the begining.
  7. WileyCoyote Member

I can't even get mine to appear. I've tried in three different web browsers and I just jump back to that generic "Add Your Comment" page (most of the time with all the REST of the comments now invisible to me).

Not to sound too much like a Scilon... but I think that website has a lot of, er... bad tech.
  8. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

"What Happen? What Happen?"

"Somebody set COS up the (pr) bomb, somebody set COS up the (pr) bomb..."

"We get signal"

"Whahahat?"

"Main Screen Turn On, Main Screen Turn Ooooon..."
  9. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

Do you allow cookies? If you don't, there's the problem.
  10. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

I think both sides are guilty of that. Seriously, there would be over 500 comments if everyone wasn't flagging everyone.
    there have been at least 5 times that I have seen, where over 30 comments are removed at a time. I also slept 8 hours in between there at some point so I am sure, that it happened plenty this morning and early afternoon.
  11. XenuLovesU Member

^ THIS

Scientology isn't "recognized as a church" by the United States government. It is a CORPORATION that has been granted tax-exempt status as a charitable organization -- nothing more.

A quick way to deflect the "BUT WE'RE A CHURCH!!!" and "YOU'RE ALL RELIGIOUS BIGOTS!!!" arguments is to point out that being a tax-exempt charitable organization is not a license to commit fraud, stalk people exercising their first-amendment rights, try to frame critics with self-manufactured bomb threats, practice medicine without a license, subvert the separation between church and state, engage in espionage against federal agencies, yadda yadda yadda.

I like to point out to people that if any other tax-exempt charitable organization, like the March of Dimes did this kind of shit (even if they thought they were doing it for the sake of humanity) they'd have thousands of protesters at their doorstep as well.

Calling their organization a "church" doesn't excuse any of their behaviors. I'll give them this much though: it's the most brilliant PR move LRH ever made.
  12. Spork Member

Or just point out that churches sometimes do outrageous, unjustifiable things. As in --

[Jarring chord]

The Spanish Inquisition!

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition ...
  13. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

The comments are dwindling. It might be time to..
    you know..
    Man the Harpoons!
  14. Thaeryn Member

Please try to keep your comments on track. Remember the audience being targeted here and remember the easy defenses from the Scifags. While I am personally amazed that LRH had the audacity to call Jesus a boylover, we don't want to come across as attacking their beliefs. This is about CRIMINAL activity. The defense of "Religious Freedom" can easily cover many other things (including Jesus being a boylover...)
  15. Thaeryn Member

WOW. Only took an hour to get my comment removed... it hadn't even moved halfway down the first page... If anyone can find a reason for any flagging, please let me know... but in the mean time, I'll just place it back up if it gets taken down.

16. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

They have flagged my new stuff TWICE already. I reported it, a complaint to nightline.
    This is ridiculous. When I say hundreds of comments have been removed, I am not even kidding. They are just flagging all of them. Do they think people are stupid and not able to see that? I just watched 50! more comments go bye bye.
    I really don't like these people, how can they call themselves a church? They should all be ashamed of themselves, leading with their religion and then behaving like a bunch of pieces of shit.
  17. ladybug2 Member

same here
  18. ladybug2 Member

This^^^^ , OSA is on board to draw focus away from the story and some of us are giving them a hand in doing so.
  19. Joyful Member

I finally got to watch this. And I thought it was excellent and chilling.

And they said the ranch was nothing short of spectacular? Were they looking at the same ranch I was looking at?

I hope to see others news outlets and even Nightline do more pieces on this.

Way to go, Jenna and Astra!!!
  20. candlejack Member

I watched this last night right before I went to bed.
    slept like a baby.
  21. tiggernew Member

My comments are all gone, and there were 4 of them over the course of LOTS of pages, some responding to HoyaScientologist, etc.

This sucks.

I hate this cult.
  22. AnonTX Member

It will be on DVD's in Austin along with Pelvidars videos and a few others. May have to break it up a bit and get creative to keep it legal, but I'll figure something out.
  23. Delaware Member

For folks that think Nightline was soft and letting Scientology get the last word was a fail:

Their last word came after the 12 a.m. mark. Statistically, Nightline and other shows that do not end on the hour lose their viewers to other shows (or bed, at that hour) at the hourly mark. I bet a lot of the audience didn't bother with hanging around for "Scientology answers back..."

Producers know what they are doing.
  24. Happy Cat Member

Delaware

That and the tone of the response just screamed "condescending jackasses", not to mention the response was practically devoid of substance. It was essentially "NO U!". My jaw honestly dropped about halfway through in shock at their attitude. I can't at all imagine it helping anyone's feelings about them.
  25. monamia Member

i love your balloon avatar. are those available for real?
  26. monamia Member

need another clue..year? link? any help on tracking this info down? thanks.
  27. Skeptic1337 Member

Scientology - Archive Collection - TIME

Start from there. Then there is the 10 year lawsuit. Sure google search will help ya.
  28. monamia Member

thanks
  29. anonypuffs Member

May 6, 1991. "Scientology: the thriving cult of greed and power."

Time magazine, page 50.

Scientology: The Thriving Cult of Greed and Power
  30. SamJac55 Member

Someone tell me
    I know there is the policy if someone leaves the SeaOrg that they have to pay their money back for training, or is that Org Staff members.... Aaaarg so many acronyms.
    Anyways.... do the women who don't have abortions and leave have to pay Co$ anything.
  31. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

In regards to your question, the item you are speaking of is a Freeloader Bill, and I think it applies to anyone who leaves that is on staff or in Sea Org.
    You might want to ask this question in general discussion to get a firm answer. That is my educated guess, though, I do not remember seeing anything that says that exact thing about leaving cause of child and getting freeloader bill. Based on my knowledge of the greed within the CoS? I think you can safely assume, yes, they bill them for anything they think they can.
  32. captainslug Member

No, but if they do get the abortions they are the ones that have to pay for it. $150 is kind of hard to pay for when you only make $0.36/hr.
  33. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

They stated "For weeks nightline repeatedly asked the church of scientology for an on the record response to our report, tonight we received a statement in which the church sayss it would not comment on what it calls Jenna Hill's quote "dismissal from her sea org position".

They then go on to air sections of the churches response, but not the total BS where the church flat out lies and claims they "repeatedly offered ABC unlimited access to its staff and facilities for a piece on the actual story" they leave the full response to the web site.

nice, lol.
    I think Nightline is a pretty cool guy, eh airs scientology critics and doesn't afraid of anything.
  34. CTEX Member

For example people like me who had to Tivo the episode didn't get to see the Scientology rebuttal
  35. JasonDaPsycho Member

the videos showed how pathetic the "church" is
    thank you for posting these
  36. an om onus Member

Just watched it. Yay Jenna!

lol at the church's statement "there is no faith that can satisfy everyone's spiritual needs"

LOL WHAT, aren't you trying to "clear the planet"?
  37. Anonvox Member

38. Hieronymous Member

"WOULDN'T THAT BE GREAT? THROW ALL THE SP'S IN GAS CHAMBERS THEN THEY'LL JUST READ ABOUT THEM IN THE HISTORY BOOKS"
  39. exOT8Michael Member

Yes this is exactly what TC means. Hideous, isn't it?!
    I wonder if he ever really thought it through at all?
  40. Hieronymous Member

I don't think they want to do us harm so much as they simply wished we would stop existing