Customize

Jenna Miscavige Hill on Nightline 4-24-08

Discussion in 'Media' started by Nick McKussik, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Plups Member

Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

OMGWTFBBQ! I didn't know LRH discovered "the walk"!!!!!:woot:

I'd like to point out that I'm on page 2 of a 19 page thread and I'm going to try really hard not to comment again until I've got to page 19. No promises.
  2. Anonymous1947 Member

Aside from the fact that it was on really late, that interview was full of win on an epic scale. I just hope the information detailed in that interview will bring more people into the fight against the cult; not necessarily bring them to Anonymous, but at least instill enough awareness to help the cause in their own unique way.

I just loved that statement from the Co$ in response, "the [Cult] will not relinquish its dignity to engage in such a debate." Not that I don't enjoy it immensely, but I swear everytime they open their mouths they put another bullet in their foot. :frustration: What idiots.

:guyfawkes:
  3. Bakebehe Member

I have to half agree. Nightline would have had a much more investigative story if they'd done the fair game policy, even the bit that regards to OSA turning up in the night to meet Jenna.
  4. Whanonstler Member

The scifags are desperately trying to steer the focus away with typical arguments, though AthiestArchon gets points for trying to rile up the Christians to take them off point. It apparently is not working, though. XD
  5. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

That would have required a lot more than 22 minutes. I was impressed at how much material ABC was able to cram into the short time available.
  6. Anonymous21 Member

and 39 pages of discussion but only ~250 diggs.. come on guys!!!
  7. Anonymous21 Member

and focus on the positive.. forced abortions, childhood labour, not seeing her parents beween 12 and 16

tha's pretty damning stuff. I'm not american so I don't know what the typical Nightline audeience is, but those sort of stories (forced abortions, disconnection etc) would have all the mothers VERY angry.
  8. ham^4 Member

[size=+4]\/AHEM\/[/size]
    29vmbnp.jpg
  9. hiln Member

I love that they used clips of the Koppelnat0R owning Miscavige for extra win.
  10. Drums of War Member

Seriously though, what happened to our Digg machine of old? A few hundred diggs will not suffice.
  11. Magoo Member

My congratulations to Jenna, Astra+Lawrence, And Nightline!

This show ***rocked!**** I thought both Jenna and Astra looked
    beautiful (a girl thang)---and both spoke very well, and oh my goodness, such powerful stories! I'm very sorry each of you had to experience what you have (and Lawrence, too--you looked excellent, also, and as always, spoke very well, too! GOOD JOB!)...
    I can't tell you how many people you've helped, just by this interview!

I loved Scientology's BS at the end.......which they violate ALL the time.
    (I'll give specifics later, but I think you all know what I mean).
    WAY TO GO OSA~ And did Jenna's Uncle, David Miscavige, come
    and face the music? errrrrrrrr....I'm sure he's hammering more than one person. (Lighten up, Davey, this is just the beginning!)

For those of you who didn't see my note to Nightline, the reason Scientology canceled allowing kids in the Sea Org is because in the
    1990's ....a bunch of SO kids had been neglected for so long that they
    joined hard corps GANGS here in LA! I know as OSA called me to try
    to go "handle them".

The funny part was THEY WERE USING "THE TECH" AS WHY THEY WOULDN'T LEAVE THE GANG! "Never desert a comrade in need,
    in danger or in trouble" was #1____Hubbard's "Code of Honor".

FANTASTIC EPIC WIN FOR ALL~

Thank you all :alien:

Magoo~~~
  12. EastAnon Member

What the ???

The comments for the ABC story went up to 264 (afaik), and now suddenly are down to 191?????

Where's all the comments???
  13. anonymouswhat Member

Fuckin A I made a drunk thread about this last night, and I dont know why lol.

That shit was amazing though, I was yelling while everyone else in the house was trying to sleep. GG Jenna and Astra.
  14. KenPikus Member

They constantly delete comments to keep the number around a "manageable" 200. By my count there have probably been well over a thousand at this point.
  15. LazarusLulz Member

They've had OSA plants / trolls trying to enturbulate the board and every now using their normal "you've got wrong information" or trying to dead agent or divert. When enough people complain they pull the miscreant's posts. It's been pretty good. Flag the OSA trolls enough and ABC clean the board up.

LL
  16. Commissar Member

I was giggling and clapping like a schoolgirl at a Hanna Montana concert through the interview. I can't believe how hard the Scilons got knocked tonight!

Let's hope this is the beginning of a new trend!
  17. captainslug Member

ABC News now has it up on their online video channel
    ABC News
  18. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

just one of the comments on the ABC News: Church of Scientology Statement to ABC News I thought was worth keeping in case it gets 'violation report'd off by $cilons.
  19. ForceTen Member

Actually, I think that it's great (the fact that it was on late). Oldfags are watching nightline while Youngfags are watching Daily Show / etc.

That makes it SRS BSNS to the Oldfags.
  20. anonoblong Member

Watercooler effect will be much win today
  21. AYNonymous Member

Awake and remanning the harpoons for a bit. The OSA is far more active in the morning it seems.
  22. Anne Ominous Member

Dugg for graet justice.
  23. normalbob1492 Member

Wow!!!! Great interview.
  24. Valdemar Member

What pisses me off are these constant references to SciCo as a religion or a "church". What can be done to educate the media about this? For fucks sake look up the definitions in the OED. It is a business, a bottom line enterprise out to make it big and quash all in the way-not to mention a being headed by a delusional psycopath-like all good capatalist concerns go. The mainstream, big media are pussyfooting around so not to trip on the religion factor when they should be standing tall and speaking truth.
  25. WileyCoyote Member

That seems to be the hardest hill to climb. I think they see it as an obvious way to be sued, as long as the U.S. government still seems to acknowledge that status with the CoS.

Hmm. You know I expected at least a few places on the web to have stories on this today. Seems The Huffington Post are the only ones who jumped:

Growing Up Scientologist - Living on The Huffington Post

Disappointing. Unless people have been talking about it on TV. Maybe those idiots on The View could take their heads out of the sand...
  26. Plups Member

Aw, the Huff gave Anonymous our first tag: Scientology Anonymous

Scientology is a hot topic nowadays... yeah.
  27. Skeptic1337 Member

Wow ABC nightline did a nice job on that.

I'm shocked and elated.
  28. CathyLong Member

That was wonderful. THANK YOU JENNA AND ASTRA!!! <3

You are why. all of you.
  29. ham^4 Member

Thats Church with a capitol C. They are using it because thats what it's called.
  30. captainslug Member

Nothing. They're still slightly afraid of Scientology because of what they did to TIME Magazine.
    Which is also the article you can show to people to point out that they ARE in fact a cult and the court upheld the use of that word.
  31. prot Member

watched and loved!
    and dugg!
  32. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

A quick note:
    Please follow this link and play it (even if you've already watched it). If ABC gets more ad revenue from the story, they're more likely to follow it up.

Thanks.
  33. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

This interview is made of pure, distilled, unadulterated win. We are slowly working our way into the minds of the mainstream public. I expect to see an avalanche soon.

Valdemar, I think they're going to continue calling Scn a "church" in the mainstream media until the tax status is revoked. That is usually taken as the de facto definition of a "religion".
  34. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

As long as they call themselves "Church", media and general public are going to keep calilng them a "Church". There is no law saying that you can only use that word if you meet such and such criteria.
  35. anon2487 Member

I actually thought it wasn't such a great one. It's excellent to see Astra, Jenna and Laurence Woodcraft speaking, they always come across very well, and help show that the people levelling these criticisms are sensible, sane individuals with good reason to take issue with the "church's" behaviour.

However, this turned out to be a bit of a softball program, and I couldn't help thinking it actually did Jenna and co. a disservice, because it gave the impression that their chief moans were having to do a bit of physical labour and submit to strict conditions.

I imagine that Co$ will have been putting immense pressure on the network to water down the program's content, and have to admit that on this occasion they seem to have succeeded.
  36. Re: Jenna Miscavige on Nightline 4-24-08

True, the interview was a little soft. But it was on ABC's Nightline. The point of the matter is that it will open the floodgates. The end game is nigh.
  37. Plups Member

I wonder how much of that is that we know so much of the worst of the CoS's actions, that Jenna's and Astra's stories don't have the same impact on us that they used to.

Stop for a moment and think about a child seeing their parents once a week - from the age of 6! Or only seeing their mother for half an hour, once, between the ages of 12 and 16. That's horrific.
  38. WileyCoyote Member

True.

But the mountain to climb is that annoying "its a parental decision" bullcrap.

It didn't help that Jenna's parents wouldn't confirm, on camera, how pressured they were to follow all the all church directives and leave her in CoS care. It hurt the impact of the story.

The interviews are great, and damning, but really mostly in the context of what else WE know about the CoS. Outside that context? Some may accuse the girls of just being whiners, and say "well, you got out and seem okay now, right".

Even if Fair Game, and the other disgusting policies couldn't be delved into in a short show, they needed a BIT more on Disconnection so it was more clear how little choice people actually have.
  39. Thaeryn Member

I thought that Astra's statement about having to sneak out to see her father addressed the subject of Disconnection QUITE well.
  40. Thaeryn Member

So, I've been trying to inflate the views/traffic of the Nightline story by having several of them running in the background here at work... if any of you have the connection/bandwidth to do the same, I highly recommend it. If Nightline sees a large amount of traffic to this story, then they are much more likely to do a followup. Also, everyone needs to send something over to Nancy requesting a Scientology piece.

CNN.com - Contact Us

I personally recommend taking a "curious viewer" standpoint with this. Here is what I sent.

Remember, copypasta bad, and we don't want to spam her with a shit-ton of information. Let's get her interested and let her do her job.