Customize

Jehovah's Witnesses?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Anonymous Member

2. Anonymous Member

3. anonymous612 Member

Dude, fuck you, I'm not watching an hour long video.

Re: second video. I see JWs claiming they don't practice disconnection. Do you have countering evidence other than Sunglass Man's word?
  4. Anonymous Member

They do that old school sheet of telling the person that once they know the "truth" - their religious truth, that if they leave, they are gonna get the special parting gift of eternal damnation.
    I'm not watching that video, either.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Anonymous Member

Lots, but mostly stories from disgruntled apostates.
  6. anonymous612 Member

So basically, if you leave after you've seen OT materials, you get pneumonia. Gotcha.

Still seems incredibly weakly based compared to the Scientology initiative, though. Come on, blackram, where's your evidence of coerced abortions or rampant child abuse or something?

This would have been so much easier and faster if he had just gone through the damn checklist.

Blackram: Look, I'll even do it for Scientology. See how easy this is? Why can't you do it for JW?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Anonymous Member

8. anonymous612 Member

See, NOW we're getting somewhere.
  9. Anonymous Member

The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.
    No leader in JW ^
    ‪Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.
    True of JW ^

‪Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).
    They go door to door and are insulted, so maybe ^

‪The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry—or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).
    Hmm, iffy. They can behave in one way and any and deviation from their beliefs led to expulsion then their families can't talk to them. ^

‪The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar—or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).
    ^^
    Once again, no leader but they do believe there are limited spots in heaven and not enough for everyone in the church. They get points for converting people.

‪The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.
    Yes^

‪The leader is not accountable to any authorities (unlike, for example, teachers, military commanders or ministers, priests, monks, and rabbis of mainstream religious denominations).
    They believe this about themselves ^^

The group teaches or implies that its supposedly exalted ends justify whatever means it deems necessary. This may result in members' participating in behaviors or activities they would have considered reprehensible or unethical before joining the group (for example, lying to family or friends, or collecting money for bogus charities).
    Nope^^

The leadership induces feelings of shame and/or guilt in order to influence and/or control members. Often, this is done through peer pressure and subtle forms of persuasion.
    True ^^

Subservience to the leader or group requires members to cut ties with family and friends, and radically alter the personal goals and activities they had before joining the group.
    True^^

The group is preoccupied with bringing in new members.
    True^^

The group is preoccupied with making money.
    No^^

Members are expected to devote inordinate amounts of time to the group and group-related activities.
    True^^

Members are encouraged or required to live and/or socialize only with other group members.
    True^^

The most loyal members (the “true believers”) feel there can be no life outside the context of the group. They believe there is no other way to be, and often fear reprisals to themselves or others if they leave (or even consider leaving) the group.
    True ^^
    So the JW lack a leader, behave ethically, and are not interested in making money.
    Not cult. This is true of the Mormons. They do follow the teaching of John Smith and suffer schisms. They don't follow all his teachings, they have ended plural marriage (except for the Jeffers Cult)
    Not cult.
    Jeffers fundamentalist Mormons are a cult.
  10. Anonymous Member

I assume the constant threads about Mormons and JWs are from Scientologists enlisting members to the "Religious Freedom' crusade by showing the JW and the Mormons that Anti-Scientology is also anti- their religion.
    And distraction.
    Rlly guiz give it up.
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Budd Member

• Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

Hey Watchtower Boy, this is an information thread. No one is suggesting that everyone go out and picket JW doorknockers.
    There is, but it's a low-profile council in Brooklyn (I think they're moving out to New Jersey soon).
  13. anonymous612 Member

THANK YOU. No, really, thank you.
    I'm not sure the connection you're suggesting here. What do you mean? The cult tactic is things like mandatory meditation, fake languages, and drugs. Hardcore brainwashing tactics.

I could certainly see your bolded example helping the "us vs them" mentality along quite a bit though.
    Out of curiosity, are they actually prevented from leaving? Scientology literally trapping people in Gold Base or the Freewinds comes to mind, or chasing people to the airport to stop them from blowing...or locking them in the Ft Harrison until they die.
    Interesting concept. Places them in competition with their fellow members. Very different from the Sea Org, where you're at odds with the people around you but pretend to be comrades.
    I believe what the characteristic means is is there a system of checks and balances? If Miscavige loses his mind, there's no impeach the COB process. What happens if the people in charge of JW go nuts? Is there an election system, an oversight board, etc?
    Interesting.
    I don't know about that. I'm aware of several JWs working openly and in a non-exclusionist manner for the government, which is not exactly a pro-JW environment.
    I think we can all agree that the FLDS is a cult. Assuming what you said above is accurate, I think at the very most I'd say that the JWs are a very very tame cult and not nearly in the same category of danger as our current target. IF that.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

The JW's used to use the king james version ot the bible, then more recently they brought out a NEW version of the bible, they claim it is a more accurate version. Yet when they was asked for the education background of who wrote it, they stated they would not disclose that info and that Education level is irrevelent, when asked who wrote their new version, they refused to give those names also. :confused:
  15. Anonymous Member

I also coud be wrong here, but the more accurate name for GOD...going by the original writings would be EL. I have been unable to find where they even get the name Jehova
  16. anonymous612 Member

Jehovah is the latinized pronounciation of Yahweh, which is in turn the pronounciation of the abbreviation YHWH, the Hebrew name for God.

The fact that you could not find that out via Google or Wikipedia strongly implies you spent less than five seconds trying to find out, so you'll forgive me if I don't take your lack of understanding of their naming mechanisms as a sign of culthood.
  17. An even better question is: If a scientist and a mormon had a child, would it know how magnets work?
  18. Actually,the number has always been 10%.10% of your income must go to the JW organization.My father was a head "elder" and even while supporting a family on minimum wage he was still obligated to give 10% to the org.
  19. Orlynao Member

I'm looking to assemble a team that would help bring down the Watch Tower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses. They're a vastly spreading cult that infests its followers with lies, and has set an extremely high example of man controlling man. Not to mention the ever rising number of pedophiles they continue to conceal from the government. It's time this Organization stops destroying family's, incorrectly translating ancient documentation and passing it as "fact" regardless of how true the documentation is. This mind controlling cult needs to fall. All that are interested, please, message me.
  20. Orlynao Member

Fredrick W. Franz is responsible for the NWT. His Nephew, who was one of the 5 on the committee, Released all of there names. Franz had less than one year of study in Greek & Ancient Hebrew. He is by far NOT qualified to translate two of the most specific languages in the world. Fredrick's Nephew also credited all of the NWT to his Uncle and accused him of purposely mistranslating to support the beliefs of the society. He was then disfelloshipped for "questioning authority."
  21. Cult hater Member

I would like to help but I can't do it openly since I have some family members who are members.
  22. haha whoever came up with this pic doesn't have a clue. if they want to make jokes about us they need to make sense first. read the new translation people and then you'll realize how 100% incorrect you are with that theory.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  23. not going to happen mate!
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

What was wrong with the old translation? Too many semi-colons?
    • Like Like x 2
  25. Anonymous Member

This is what happens when moribund religions put their 15 year olds on line because they're the only ones who can operate a computer.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. DID YOU KNOW(YES IM YELLING AT YOU) THAT AN EX JEHOVAH'S WITNESS APOSTATE TOLD ME TO KILL MYSELF. I MIGHT HAVE STARTED THE FIGHT! BUT I HAVE NEVER IN MY 2 1/2 YEARS OF DEBATING AND ARGUING WITH APOSTATES SAY THAT THEY NEED TO KILL THEMSELVES!!(WHICH THEY STARTED MOST OF THE TIME,THE FIGHTS,NAME CALLING,LOW BLOWSANY MANY MORE) DOES THAT NOT SEEM HATEFUL TO YOU??? THEY ARE THE MOST IMMORAL,CORRUPT,AND INSTIGATING PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET IN MY WHOLE LIFE OF LIVING. WHERE I HAD GROWN UP MYSELF WITH PATHOLOGICAL LIARS,HATEFUL,AN ANGRY PEOPE SUCH AS THEM. SICK AND TWISTED PEOPLE MAN!! FOLLOWERS OF SATAN DEFINITELY!! No you are largely ignorant now if you think Apostates are innocent victims.
  27. Anonymous Member

I am so sorry-what happened?
  28. are not yourselves(Anon) becoming somewhat "cultish"
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  29. Anonymous Member

How so?
  30. Wwp is one big circle jerk, but cult like?
    No.
  31. Keen observation.
    Laugh at how a lot of people print out pamphlets and try to put into the hands of anyone they meet.
    I can't criticize.
    Do they realize that they have chosen a mission ala the mormon style. lmao.
  32. Anonymous Member

33. tinfoilhatter Member

Amazing, This thread pops up on a THURSDAY, the day the scilons do their stats bullshit, AND the week before the rathburns lawsuit began in Texas. Somebody must be desperate to get their stats up.
  34. That is a lie why are you saying that? What religion are you Mormon???
  35. Anonymous Member

Dude, Rathbun is in court today. Was there yesterday too.
  36. tinfoilhatter Member

Yes, but this thread was started September 5th, the week BEFORE the case went to court. I admit, that there is a possibility that this might not be scilon related. However, given the scilon history of trolling(poorly), and the seriousness of the rathburn lawsuit, i would not be surprised if the scilons have begun a pre-emptive campaign of damage control. I also suspect that we will be seeing a lot more "anti-religion" threads here too.
  37. Anonymous Member

Ok sweetie, check the date again. This thread was started on Sept. 5, 2012. It is over a year old.
  38. tinfoilhatter Member

GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it happens everytime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I go to a moon bat thread, read a few things posted there, and end up a little bit more retarded:(.

How can this thread survive a year without ending up in the dome?