Customize

Jeff Stone - Riverside Supervisor pays "volunteer" sister

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by NotSoAnon, Mar 24, 2009.

1. AmNotaMouse Member

2. Anonymous Member

Re: Jeff Stone - Riverside Supervisor pays "volunteer" sister

Yipes! What a huge bunch of losers. Stone is in good company.
  3. rummychick99 Member

I missed this:

First 5 grant probe could take another month | San Bernardino County | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California

"It could be another month before First 5 Riverside commissioners resolve an appeal of a disputed $11.7 million grant that ignited claims of favoritism for programs run by commission members' own departments and organizations.

On Wednesday, commission member Susan Loew announced that Riverside County Supervisor Jeff Stone, also a commissioner, resigned from the subcommittee appointed to examine the appeal."

Evidently, the First 5 is a mess.

Supervisor Jeff Stone, a First 5 Riverside critic, joins agency's commission | Inland News | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California

Bob Buster, my hero of Riverside County, drives a 2002 Vehicle while they others have new cars and the VOLUNTEER gets a free car and gas.

Fleet folly | Editorials | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California
  4. mefree Member

5. Optimisticate Member

6. Optimisticate Member

Elected Officials: How Does That Look?

7. subgenius Member

Its hard to imagine at this point Stone not getting recalled, getting reelected, or obtaining higher office.
    Nice job Jeff.
    BTW are we sure his sister is not just him in drag? The pix of "her" are disturbing.
    Shoopers please.
  8. subgenius Member

Just sayin'
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  9. mojo Member

the gift that keeps on giving

Riverside County supervisors look to curtail county car use

<snip> The comments came after an article in Tuesday's Press-Enterprise, which examined Supervisor Jeff Stone's assignment of a county car to his sister, who serves on his staff but is not on the county payroll.

Stone paid Lori Stone more than $180,000 last year from campaign funds for political consulting and professional services.

The story generated almost 100 reader comments and dozens of letters and e-mails, most of them critical of Stone.

Stone, his sister and his chief of staff did not respond calls to for comment Thursday.

Stone indicated earlier that his sister's use of a car conformed with county policy.

County rules limiting volunteers' use of cars apply to departments but not to supervisors and their staffs, county spokesman Ray Smith said.

Supervisors and chiefs of staff Thursday declined to comment on Lori Stone's consulting work or car use.

:eek:
  10. Optimisticate Member

11. Optimisticate Member

12. LocalSP Member

Re: Jeff Stone - Riverside Supervisor pays &quot;volunteer&quot; sister

Here's what Stone will look like in a few years.
    262t7ap.jpg
  13. Anonymous Member

RIVERSIDE: Stone says sister will remain on campaign : North County Times - Californian
  14. Ann O'Nymous Member

Nice.
  15. cowboyanon2 Member

schadenfreude to the max..
  16. subgenius Member

love that word
  17. PimpXenu Member

wat
  18. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Question, then:

What campaign is Stone currently running that he has (or is getting) campaign funds for?

Any funds he had for his last election should have been used for bills incurred during the running of THAT campaign. Any money left over shoud be saved for FUTURE campaigns.

If I was a contributor to Stone's last campaign, and found out that my money was being funneled to a "volunteer" sister, I'd be pissed!

Doesn't he have to keep records of campaign money recieved and used? Wonder if they balance...
  19. subgenius Member

Not if you knew it was a bribe and that you were going to get paid back sometime.
  20. rummychick99 Member

Yes, you can find it on the web. He has to keep a record and you can view donations and expenses. Compare it with Bob Buster's expenditures for his campaign.

Can he move those funds over to the campaign for the Senate. I don't know the answer.

Interestingly, I believe that someone on Anonymous broke this story (at least the recent discussion of it) and others in the media have picked up on it.
  21. Obi-Wan-anon Member

So let's do the math:

27,000 mi @ 51 cents/mi means the county would have paid her $13,700 (for the last two years).

Instead, she got $130,000 ($65,000 annually) from brother Jeff's campaign funds (over $100,000 more than the county would have paid her).

"...it was cheaper to allow her to use a county car..."

ORLY? Cheaper to whom?
  22. Ann O'Nymous Member

Please stop asking good questions.
  23. Obi-Wan-anon Member

Ok, one more, then I'll stop...

Any way to find total mileage put on that car in the last 2 years? 'Cause any mileage over 27,000 means PERSONAL use. Or does she have two cars; one for personal use, and one for county use?
  24. User Name Member

Sorry for bumping a week old thread but an idea struck me this morning that relates to what Obi Wan is saying (and others had said) wondering if Stone's sister used the car for her other purposes such as her brother's campaigning.

AO solo protested a Jeff Stone fund raiser a couple months back and took pictures of every car going in and out of that place at the time. Is there any chance that Lori attended and was stupid enough to drive her county supplied car? If she did AO probably has a picture of it.

I'm retarded on the whole looking things up thing, but he posted a thread here about it when it happened. I'm sure he uploaded all the pics he had somewhere. Anyone willing to help out and dig up his old post/pictures and if he didn't upload every shot he took hopefully someone knows how to contact him.

If we can prove that Lori used a county car for campaign purposes it's another nail in the coffin of Jeff Stone's political career. Hopefully someone knows what I'm getting at and remembers the posts too.
  25. Anonymous Member

No. He said it was cheaper to give her a company car than for her to use her own car and to have to reimburse her. You didn't compare the $13,700 to the cost of giving her a company car, you compared it to her salary for the entire year.

Jeff stone's claim stand or falls on whether giving her a company car costs more or less than $13,700
  26. pajamawarrior Member

Good thinking!

Sadly, I share your looking up retardedness and am having difficulty with helping. :/

Even if it can't be proven that she used the car for the fund raiser, I'm sure an anon w/ a camera and a few spare hours can catch her picking up her kids from practice or going to the supermarket! I'm certain she doesn't have a "batcave" garage that only opens for official county business!

It's just too easy to abuse something like that. just sayin...
  27. newanon2009 Member

It works and it helps people! Looks like Scientology and the Stone's are synonymous!
  28. Ann O'Nymous Member

Right. Now we need to figure out the value of the county car.
  29. Anon-007 Member

You're apparently intelligent Ann.

Why don't you do it and share your answer with us?
  30. Ann O'Nymous Member

Wrong. Not American.
  31. anon555 Member

ive been wondering about this, is it common practice to reimburse volunteers for mileage. all the times ive volunteered places, no one offered to reimburse me for mileage spent. do all the other volunteers in riverside get reimbursed for driving? and where tf is she driving to that she's spending 27k miles.
  32. Obi-Wan-anon Member

We should ask if there are any other volunteers in Riverside County that ARE getting the mileage reimbursement, and ask them to ask the board for THEIR county car.

After all, Stone has set the precident that it's cheaper to give volunteers a county car than it is to reimburse them.

Make THAT a question at the next board meeting...
  33. User Name Member

Woohoo. Found the thread with AO's pictures from the fundraiser here:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/249-...ide-supervisor-pays-volunteer-sister-42241/8/

Now to backtrack and see if I can find in the articles what Lori Stone was driving for the county.

EDIT: The first article says 2000 Ford Explorer, I can't see an Explorer in any of the pictures there. Maybe someone with a better eye then me can catch it (if it's there). If not, anyone able to contact AO and find out if he has any pictures of a Ford Explorer from that day?
  34. AmNotaMouse Member

Jeff Stone the Liar was seen on a Sunday morning recently with his son, who happens to be an assistant DA with Riverside County (yes it gets freakyer every minute) and his son was also driving a county car! Does the son have county car priviledges on Sundays??? or any day for that matter?

Jeff Stone- a small piece of a much larger piece of shit.
  35. anon555 Member

This whole free car at tax payers expense has been bothering me, so I thought I'd look up a few things. IRS allows for $0.501/mile (although that rate has very recently gone up to $0.581)

However, stone's sister is a volunteer, as he keeps insisting, therefore her rate should be at the volunteer rate of 14 cents per mile driven in service of charitable organizations the 50.1 rate is for work related expenses, not volunteers.

In addition, volunteers who are reimbursed over the allowable 0.14 rate, the difference is considered taxable income.

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=200505,00.html
  36. Anonymous Member

2 PTSs for Jeff Stone?
  37. Anonymous Member

Hopefully she will lose the car to the budget. Bill luna's report is due tomorrow

Riverside County supervisors look to curtail county car use | Inland News | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California
  38. Anonymous Member

Any use for her brother's campaign would be against current law I believe. If he was just re-elected last year, and sister dear was on his campaign payroll during that time *and* working enough for the county to drive 27,000 miles? No way she didn't use that county vehicle in her brother's campaign.
  39. Re: Jeff Stone - Riverside Supervisor pays "volunteer" sister

The North County Times weighs in (nicely) on the controversy:

JACOBS: Political loyalty as asset

JACOBS: Political loyalty as asset : North County Times - Californian 04-05-2009

40. rummychick99 Member

Riverside meeting coming up. Discussion of County Cars..and apparently discussion of Bill Luna's pay.

Riverside County mulls $14,000 hike in retirement fund for CEO | MyDesert.com | The Desert Sun

Slimey Stone went after Press-Enterprise for this article

For dollar, Ramona Bowl says it's not in for deal with Riverside County | Politics | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California

I couldn't help but think his comments went to the articles about him, too.

Bill Luna up watch him around 21 minute mark... sparks are going to fly today.