Customize

Jeff Stone- Ethics complaints filed

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Anonymous, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Anonymous Member

Jeff Stone- Ethics complaints filed

Found this on internets...full article linked below,
    here is an excerpt:

"Yesterday, my organization, Taxpayers Advocate, filed two formal complaints against Stone for as many as forty violations of the state campaign finance laws.

Stone failed to disclose contributions greater than $1,000 on the Internet, as required by state law (Cal government Code Section 85309). Under the California Political Reform Act — the state law adopted by voters that governs campaign finance in California, legislative candidates that report more than $50,000 in political donations are required to electronically file their campaign finance statements.

State candidates who receive contributions of $1,000 or more during the 90 days immediately preceding an election are required to electronically file a report to the Secretary of State disclosing each of these contributions within 24 hours of their receipt.

Stone’s recent campaign filings filed on May 27, 2010, show at least 41 instances of donations that he failed to properly disclose within the 24 hour period beginning on March 10, 2010. Stone’s campaign meets all the requirements for this provision and should have reported each and every donation over $1,000 within 24 hours to the California Secretary of State as of the March 10, 2010.

Stone has failed to electronically report at least $100,000 in contributions greater than $1,000, at least 41 separate contributions and each one may be considered a violation of the state Political Reform Act. If found to have violated state campaign finance laws, Stone could be subject to significant fines as each violation is subject to a maximum fine of $5,000, and potential criminal prosecution in the most extreme cases, by the state Fair Political Practices Commission.

The truly appalling thing is that despite his continued attacks against Anderson, this is not the first time that Stone has ran afoul of state campaign finance laws. Previously, he was fined $2,000 by the Fair Political Practices Committee for destroying campaign finance records from a previous State Assembly race in 2000. Stone was found to have destroyed a $40,000 cashier’s check, which made it impossible to audit the finances of his previous Assembly campaign.

I have filed a second complaint against Stone for his violation of the states conflict of interest law by voting to donate funds to an organization that was his tenant in a property that he owns.

On June 16, 2009, Stone brought a motion to the Riverside County Board of Supervisors to donate $49,322 in taxpayer funds to five organizations. One of these organizations, the Senior Services Center Emergency Food Program was a tenant of Supervisor Stone’s at the time. Supervisor Stone not only brought the motion to the board, he also made the motion and voted on it.

The organization received a total of $9,864 as a result of the vote in a year that it also paid Jeff Stone a total of $24,000 in rent according to his Statement of Economic Interest for 2009 which appears to be a violation of the state’s conflict of interest law."

Full article here:

Stone’s Pattern of Abuse Should Disqualify Him in Minds of Voters
  2. Anonymous Member

Re: Jeff Stone- Ethics complaints filed

Good to know some people are keeping their eyes on Stone. Anyone prepared to get in to bed with the scilons has to be a slippery <ahem> or very naive, and what ever else I think of Stone he's not naive.
  3. anonhuff Member

Stone for smarmy douchebag (and alleged law breaker) 2010!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

Hey Jeff.

Karma.

Google it.
  5. Anonymous Member

How often have politicians gotten away with this? And even if Jeff Stone doesn't, what is the worst that can happen?
  6. Anonymous Member

If the FPPC finds any criminality in its investigation, it could go to the Attorney General.
  7. Anonymous Member

Jeff Stone, report to Ethics!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. One0fMany Member

And this is not to mention the fact that he's going to want to get re-elected at some point, too. While it's not totally a deal-breaker, this is not a day and age where you want to look overtly untrustworthy.
  9. anonhuff Member

Jeff Stone for California Senate: He won't waste taxpayer money (except what it costs to have himself investigated for alleged campaign finance law breaches but look over there a shiny)
  10. BigBeard Member

If he gets the max fine for the violations in the first complaint, it would be 41 x $5,000.00 = $205,000.00 total fine.

If he gets nailed on the second complain, he could (<- key word there) be barred from holding public office for life.

Both complaints, if considered egregious enough, could also land him in front of a judge if the AG decided to take it that far.

BigBeard
  11. ObamAnon Member

Valuable information, thanks for posting.

Everyone please disseminate.
  12. JohnnyRUClear Member

Jeff Stone, Scientology BFF, a sleazy politician?? Say it ain't so!
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Anonymous Member

FPPC Website

Full of means of contacting them. Anyone who has a shitty blog and could reasonably pass as "the media" can call their press line at 1-916-322-7761 for inquiries and requests. You know, just to ask for a comment; not to make sure they're aware of the press release or anything and are able to focus on Stone.
  14. Anonymous Member

"SACRAMENTO - Campaign committees aiding the state Senate hopes of Riverside County Supervisor Jeff Stone have not reported any contributions or spending, although their names are on mail and at least two commercials.

Separately, a group backing one of Stone's opponents on Tuesday charged Stone with violating contribution-reporting rules."

Campaign spending at issue in Senate fight | Jim Miller | Politics | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California
  15. Anonymous Member

16. Anonymous Member

I can't believe any party would want this sleaze ball aligning with them. He's an opportunist that really doesn't give a damn about anyone or anything but himself.

Politicians are at least meant to believe they want to make things better for others even if they are delusional. By virtue of his suddenly shifting support (protests at residencies are good luck here I am supporting one, oh wait they are bad now I champion a bill to stop them) Stone evidentially only really gives a damn about Stone and screw anyone or anything else. He's not a true politician, he's the kind of person (a sleaze ball) who gives hard working politicians of any persuasion a bad name.

Sorry which political group is he using to further his own ends...

Sickening!
  17. AnonyVix Member

I don't like stone, the guy really only gives a damn about himself.
  18. Anonymous Member

Is meant to read

"good, look here I am supporting one" - which he did with some paedophile but as soon as the scilons had their noses put out of place he changed his mind.
  19. Anonymous Member

20. JohnnyRUClear Member

Just a friendly reminder: cult ho Stone is in the primary ATM, which is a good place to meddle if you're a non-partisan interloper, since there's no way to be painted as "only interested in it to help the {other party} win". If Stone loses the primary, that doesn't mean the GOP loses, it only means that a different Republican goes to the general vs. the Democrat.

Once the primary is over, it's a different environment. Anything said against Stone will rankle his fellow partisans from that point on. That doesn't mean it's time to shut up, it just means the opportunities to speak out will need to be approached a little more thoughtfully for optimal results.

TL;DR: for best results, hit him* now, faggots.

* obviously I don't mean physically
  21. Smurf Member

Like most politicians that have been caught with their pants down, they lawyer up and place the blame on staffers & accountants associated with the campaign, and either claim ignorance & pay the fines and or they fight the charges.

The complaint won't have a significant impact on the primary on Tuesday.
  22. Anonymous Member

I did not realize it was that soon. Damn.
  23. Major Boyle Member

Agreed. take Stone out before the primaries and he's irrelevant.
  24. Smurf Member

Won't happen. He's got some powerful Republican endorsements behind him. I'm expecting him to win Tuesday.
  25. Anonymous Member

Do you work for Jeff Stone? I know people in his district that have information
    that claims his polling numbers are DOWN,DOWN,DOWN.

I am expecting him to lose, then become the subject of an investigation...

But you can go ahead and "expect him to win", if you want to...

also, this:

The Draining of A Candidate: the Jeff Stone for State Senate Campaign
  26. Smurf Member

Keep this in mind until Tuesday night. I will be very surprised Stone doesn't win the Republican primary.

This, of course, doesn't mean he wins the Senate seat. That will be decided upon in November.
  27. Goosh Goosh Member

stone is a scilon AND a jew?
  28. Anonymous Member

You realize that your schtick is tired and unfunny right?
  29. xenubarb Member

He may be hot shit in a champagne glass in Riverside, but in San Diego County he's just a cold turd in a Dixie cup.

Also, a very prominent Republican happens to live near anon, and has become very well informed. And shocked. SHOCKED, I TELL YOU!
  30. Goosh Goosh Member

sounds like i'm doing my job then
  31. Anonymous Member

If your job is to be an unfunny cliche, then absolutely you are.
  32. anonhuff Member

You responded to him twice. He wins you lose. Learn and adapt.
  33. Anonymous Member

The primary is on Tuesday?! Is there any good mud-slinging attack ads pointed at Jeff Stone that have aired in the district?
  34. star eht Member

i'll just leave this here...

2ofdiamondcopy.png
  35. Anonymous Member

36. JohnnyRUClear Member

How does one "live near anon"? Or, perhaps, how would one not live near anon?

Interesting read.

Headline pretty much tells the story there. (They're claiming they misunderstood the rules.)

Some juicy commentary there. With Anderson skipping 11/12 debates, the logical presumption is that he's either (a) a terrible debater or (b) confident that he's ahead with the voters. Given that he's already gotten hisself elected to the state assembly, (a) seems unlikely (though not impossible). I'm guessing (b).

Also, is it just my computer or does the story text at that third link disappear after a few seconds? I had to reopen that page a bunch of times to read the whole thing.
  37. Anonymous Member

38. One0fMany Member

^^^^ This X 9001

What can someone do who's not exactly in the California area?
  39. Smurf Member

The Riverside newspaper endorsed him, but made an interesting observation:

37th Senate District: Riverside County Supervisor Jeff Stone is the best choice in the race. He advocates saving tax dollars by consolidating agencies or seeking partnerships with private companies. He supports pension reforms, and advocates policies to attract business to the state.

However, Stone will need to curb his penchant for grandstanding.

The P-E endorses | Press-Enterprise Editorials | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California

Interesting endorsement from a cop that's not in Stone's district:

Lt. Craig Herron - Lieutenant - Los Angeles Police Department

Jeff Stone for State Senate 2010 - California 36th Senate District | Our Campaign | Endorsements
  40. Anonymous Member