Customize

Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by Clamosaurus, Jul 8, 2008.

1. zanoni Member

Re: Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

If anyone wants to stand on the streets of London, perhaps somewhere like Borough High Street, and yell 'WOG' a few times then god bless. Ensure last will and testament is up-to-date first, and prepare to throw a seven.
  2. Heyanonnyno Member

Re: Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

Nice reference work, Plups. Man, I loved Effie. I still accidentally talk like her sometimes, and I'm only a little bit Maltese.

Anyway - it's not a word to use negatively in this country. Not. At. All.
  3. Plups Member

How embarassment!

YouTube - Acropolis Now Season 4 Goofs

Actually, it turns out that Today Tonight investigated the political correctness of "wog" just this year.

YouTube - RACISM WOGS Italians Greeks Maltese Lebs Serbs Macos Arabs

And with that, we have come full circle.
  4. Flynn Member

YAY Aussies!

I was/am wondering what was/is taking the US mass media so long with this. (damn election year) If a US interview is going to be broadcast, I totally understand the hush hush about the outlet.... but run it already! Shit, come on damn!

I'm onboard with those who say he basically doesn't want to comment on banning the CULT because he's got friends who he cares about still in.
  5. Re: Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

Glad to see it up but it could've been a better interview. I'm sure it was under pressure to get the story tossed together at the last minute as an unplanned follow-up to the previous story.

Because if it'd been planned, there's no reason not to have pre-recorded the interview, spliced it with /b/-reel and done it up like a proper feature. Dude wasn't that great of an interviewer. You can't just jump from hot-button questions to other hot-button questions like that. Press secretaries and PR folks are trained to provide sound bite answers that make the format work, but not just ordinary people (even famous ones.) You have to warm up your subjects with a more conversational interview. Of course the sattelite delay didn't help that.

Still, FAR better than nothing, and I'm excited to see what will happen with him on American TV.
  6. number 6 Member

Hey Jason/bixbear, when are you appearing on American TV?
  7. Heyanonnyno Member

Well, as has been said, TT isn't the bastion of journalism here in Australia. The ABC and SBS are taken more seriously with documentaries and interviews and stuff. They're better at it for sure.

But this guy, I really think he'd gotten too hysterical at that point. Hence the jumping from hot-button topic to hot-button topic. I think the focus on Xenu was unnecessary - they have footage of child workers, for God's sakes! *laugh*

But it's a great win either way - it's a step forward in the public consciousness.
  8. PFD Member

So pumped now for the raid this weekend due to these stories - woot aussie anons!
  9. Jack the dog Member

The cat is out of the nest.

I repeat, the cat is out of the nest.
  10. Snake Member

Beghe is the man!!!

I smell something incredible coming!
  11. Whanonstler Member

I think I will buy another copy of Monkey Shines for a present for a movie fan who is having a birthday soon. See Jason? Everytime you talk out, I buy another copy! :eek:hyeah:
  12. Anne Ominous Member

SPREAD THIS LIKE AIDS

pl0x to be having Harpoons dipped in scandal to be sent to EVERY news outlet

I lol'd @ Co$'s PR. Then I remembered a child did it.
  13. AnonOrange_ Member

I want to see Jason as the next James Bond man. Possibly an American version with Bond facing typical American threats like fundamentalists and scientology PI's.

Does ANYBODY have the guts to make that movie ?
  14. genoramix Member

EPIC WIN
  15. exOT8Michael Member

Yep.
    Double OT7
    hehe

I had the pleasure of meeting with Jason recently for a chat over coffee and he is a man of high integrity. That quality of character trumps all the DM lies and OSA covert ops. I am so glad Jason is out and speaking frankly about it all. Yessss!
  16. coslies Member

QFT!
  17. sinkingship Member

Jason's face at around 4:25-4:30 (of the Vimeo video, 4:20 in the youtube one) is really interesting, you can tell that he's still coming to terms with the craziness he has experienced in the past 13 years or so. He comes across as a good guy, but of course Scientology will probably try their usual ad hominem attacks and discredit him. I don't think people will buy it though, you can tell he's being honest.
  18. tofuman Member

So much win in Australia:yay:I love it.
  19. A.Non Hubbard Member

The editing seemed jumpy. Good job by the interviewer and the interviewee, but the editor needs a paddlin
  20. Guero Member

They crammed too many stories (especially the Kidman/Urban baby) into last night's edition, and I feel the Beghe interview sufferred for it. Glad that it aired at all though!
  21. wizebikeman Member

Getting back to the WOG term. It stands for Worthy Oriental Gentleman. I read this in the Scientology Dictionary years ago when I was taking courses. In the dictionary they even had a picture of a cliche Chinaman like in 'Breakfast at Tiffany's.'

When someone leaves the cult it is called "Blowing" and PTP means "Present Time Problem" which is Annon without a doubt!!
  22. supafreak Member

23. BHX Member

Here ya go: wog: Definition and Much More from Answers.com
  24. WileyCoyote Member

I will say ONE slightly negative thing, but its more in the nature of a suggestion to Jason for the next interview.

Jason, your posture made you look a bit defensive. It's a natural thing given what you've been through, but some viewers might be put off by it. The crossed arms in particular communicated this.

Otherwise, it was a pretty good piece.
  25. XenuLovesU Member

Great to see Jason out there getting word out again. That said... kinda cringing at the editing on this TT segment. Even as someone who wanted to hear the story, the choppy and deliberate editing... and cherry-picking of quotes was pretty blatant.

It's still a win, no doubt... but it seemed a little heavy-handed on the back end.
  26. Anonabliss Member

Jason Beghe, full of win and doesn't afraid of anything. Can't wait for the American Interview. Wish there was more time to go into more abuses, but you have to feed it to the public one teaspoon at a time or it sounds crazy. Fantastic job, Jason.

Come back and visit Enturb sometime for a group hug.
  27. Plups Member

It seemed to me that he was having another "moment". Painful.
  28. exOT8Michael Member

Does anyone have a link to the USA TV appearance?
    Thx
  29. Guero Member

I can say as an Aussie that "wog" is not a word you use in polite conversation here. That's proabably why Beghe's mention of it has been highlighted in the interview.

Oh and I think Beghe is about to start doing American press.
  30. AnonymousNow Member

I love Jason's bluntness:

"They're not just here to save humanity, they're here to save this sector of the Galaxy"

Or how LRH would say, "Gaalaxy."
  31. AnonymousNow Member

posture was fine. shirt was poor choice, may have made posture look bad. this appears to be the warm up for the big ones coming. he did awesome in Aus, will do even better next time.
  32. Clamosaurus Member

TT and Bryan Seymour must be doing something right. Apart from Jason's interview done with WBM, where else have you seen Jason speak out on a national broadcast network?

Bryan Seymour and Today Tonight seems to have had somewhat of a world exclusive for network television, globally.

Maybe we'll see more of what Jason had to say?

As Im sure, Bryan spoke to Jason a lot more than the mere minutes that went to air.

YouTube - Jason Beghe speaks to Today Tonight about Scientology
  33. Flynn Member

Saying that you are trying to save 'this sector of the galaxy' sounds even crazier than 'we're saving the world'.

It points toward the whole UFO CULT thing (something that more of the public might be somewhat familiar with).

It's kind of hard to not look nuts when you're talking about saving things beyond the only planet we know of where life exists. :alien:
  34. Re: Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

Perhaps, yes. I have much respect for Jason from his first video done with WBM, because he made a point of pointing out how he felt that many people in Scn believe they are doing the greatest good. He seems to be determined to make it clear that it's not all Bad People (although those who stop old ladies from walking home certainly deserve this epithet), but rather it's a Bad Idea pushed by a handful of Bad Eggs on a lot of others with good intentions and bad judgement. I respect that because I was one of them once, and while I am naughty, sure, and cranky, absolutely, and I have to admit self-interested and of course a lazy butthurt troll (which is well known), I'm not all that Bad. I want to see that string pulled, and those good-at-heart people who are wasting their ability in the cult get out as safely and quickly as possible.

May the cake be with you, Jason.
  35. Guero Member

Balls + Balls + Balls = BEGHE!

Lets see some more celeb exes come out!
  36. K_Anon Member

Thanks for sharing, I missed the interview when it aired the other night!

Download, burn copies and hand them out at protests!
  37. bleakanon Member

Australia Australia Australia we love you amen.

[IMG]
  38. Flynn Member

Wonderful timing/editing how 'DM walks on to the stage' footage is shown just as Jason says:
    "...but I don't believe anyone has the right to trick anybody, to hurt anybody, to harm anybody for their own purposes"

:headbang:
  39. Snake Member

YAY AUSTRALIA!

[Fritzel was Austria, and this isn't the place for that]
  40. i'mglib Member

chilli_pepper.jpg