Customize

Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

Discussion in 'Celebrity News' started by Clamosaurus, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Clamosaurus Member

2. Re: Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

Thanks for the upload! Short but good interview. I'm looking forward to the American interview
  3. sockpuppet Member

Re: Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

Alright! Nice one Jason.

Missed watching this tonight, thanks for uploading it.
  4. JohnB2008 Member

Re: Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

Can we please have a version on Vimeo? (So we can download a higher quality version)

Thanks again you Aussie mo-fos.
  5. AnonKiwi Member

Good, but weirdly edited from what probably would have been a really interesting 20 minute interview. TT fires the big harpoons tho!
  6. monamia Member

Whoa.

Thanks so much, I stayed up late to see this.
    How cute is fucking Jason Beghe?
    Moar.

Next up on US tv.

AUSomeness. Full AUSomeness.

He is so smart. Just darling.
    DM must be in the fetal position by now.
    THANK YOU Australia and C'saurus
  7. Vir Member

Steel is my body,and fire is my blood.

Yeah it wasn't the main feature today, but there might be more on TT later.
  8. Re: Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

Anonymous delivers vimeo version:

Jason Beghe speaks to Today Tonight on Vimeo

Download it and spread it! Download link is at the lower right of the page.
  9. Nuffnow Member

Short, but motherfucking SWEET!
  10. D... Member

Too much Australia win for one forum.
  11. monamia Member

They are bringing home the gold.
    Could someone hum the Australian national anthem for us?
  12. Re: Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

This vimeo one is better than the previous one, if you value Anna Coren's outro. (She got cut off in the earlier file)

Today Tonight Covers Scientology 2 on Vimeo
  13. Re: Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

I am the bone of my sword. I do hope so.
  14. CherrieZ Member

He's set to appear on American Television to tell his story?!

O RLY??!!!!

BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!! They are SO screwed :hooray:
  15. Ferner Member

You know, I recall thinking what a missed opportunity it was when Jason seemed to shy away from the idea of talking about his experience on mainstream American TV. I understood and respected his decision after the amazing shit he'd just been through, but I couldn't help but feel that he alone could have such a profound impact that Scientology might yet face crucifiction by mass media on a global scale. If this quote means what I think it does, then this could be a truly pivotal moment in ending the cult.

I'd love to see who they trot out to debate Jason motherfucking Beghe on live TV; but maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.
  16. Plups Member

Even better - "It's GOLD, GOLD, GOLD for Australia!"

YouTube - Seoul Olympics 88 - Lawrie Lawrence hits Aussie Gold
  17. Re: Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

I came.
  18. AnonMB Member

unedited full length interview plz

Part of me didn't like the coverage - it was so clearly edited to fit into the time segment - more wins must exist in the full interviews.

Should it be banned? He says not the belief, but then goes to list all the reasons The Church of Scientology should be dealt with for.
  19. ravenanon Member

Jason tell us when you are on! We want to watch the news report!!!
  20. Heyanonnyno Member

Hehehe. That reporter really can't believe the Xenu thing, can he? *laughs*
  21. Anon23517 Member

Oh my god, Jason said he believes it's a cult AND mentioned the wog term!

The latter is definitely going to get a lot of Aussies up in arms. Whoo boy....
  22. Anonymeep Member

Great coverage, love Jason's voice

I hope he gets to telling about his struggles to get out, not just formally but mentally. It must be incredibly hard to let go of the thing you completely shaped your life around for the past decade - and telling about that may give the public a lot more understanding about 'why don't they just LEAVE'.
  23. anonauswa Member

I thought that was a great interview. The worstpart was when Jason was asked weather he belives that the cult should be banned. It was in very bad taste for the reporter to press the question. Personally I belive that the cult should be banned for the benifit of mankind, but I respect Jasons oppinion, I just disagree with it.
  24. Heyanonnyno Member

I missed the bit about banning the cult. :T I think certain practices should be 'banned', as in, recognised for being illegal.

Most reporters with TT are butt-monkeys though. They managed to do a reasonably good job in the past two nights, though, so I'm happy. Hopefully this won't be the last report.

Edit: Oh - and the wog thing? A VERY inflammatory term to use here in Australia. We have a lot of immigrants that used to be identified with that term (Greeks, Italians, Middle Eastern people, etc). So the fact that JB brought that up was really great.
  25. zanoni Member

This is a special moment. Someone with Beghe's more-or-less household name status in the US giving untamed TV interviews = WINGASM.

Public awareness on this scale is what will eventually bring about reform or collapse of Co$ as currently understood. If Miscavige or similar drones ever try to re-spawn via RTC the world will be ready.

Jason, I hope these interviews give you something back. Trust yourself, man.
  26. GrogStat Member

Jason - Thanks again for speaking up. I don't personally have a dog in this fight. But I am still plugging away to stop their abuses of people.
  27. eksef Member

Jason Beghe fucking kicks ass.
  28. Xolo Member

1215176760390.jpg
  29. brisanonb Member

30. Re: Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

Looking at it, I can see that he still has a bit of trouble talking about it in public. Too much of that crap was hardwired into his brain,
  31. Anon1720 Member

Ya Baby!!!!!!!! Win, Win, Win!!!!

Thank you Jason for doing this and I look forward to the American interview(s).
  32. goldenrodanon Member

I don't think Jason had any choice, and that he answered smartly. you don't want the church being able to claim religious bigotry.

I think before public calls for an outright ban can take place without it being a reverse foot bullet, the CoS has to be brought to justice on much of what it's getting away with currently.

The campaign continues, and the win side will win.
  33. adelraidanon Member

Come on guys, Jason's doing the smart PR thing.

he said "no comment" and gave the biggest fucking smirk ever.

a no comment is a no comment. it confirms or denys nothing, but more often than not it's a confirmation.

he needs to get the story out about the abuses and al lthe shit that's happened to him and others.

let the public form the opinion rather than say YEAH BAN THEM YEAH.

+ he'll get called a bigot… more. they'res probably a long list of what scienos now call beghe.
  34. SamJac55 Member

great interview.
    JB definetly did the best PR move here to avoid the bigotry card.
    I never knew WOG was anything other then a scino term.
    The best thing JB can do is this situation is keep on the offensive. Keep shining the light into the dark corners where Co$ hides. Once he stops they will constantly work behind the scene to destroy him.
  35. momISanon Member

QFFT! It's what he DIDN'T say that SAID IT ALL. Hahaha!

Great job, Jason!!!
  36. Re: Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

So glad that people are using vimeo, I would have had to wait another 9 hours before getting to see that gold.

Jason Beghe = Yay!
  37. Flynn Member

XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU XENU BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS BODY THETANS

Jason Rules. :cake2:
  38. Re: Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

Epic Beghe interview is Epic
    [IMG]
    Can't wait to see him interviewed on US National News.
  39. Re: Jason Beghe interviewed on Today Tonight and he will appear in U.S mass media

ooo that gave me the chills
  40. Plups Member

"Wog" was a derogatory term used in Australia for many years to describe persons of Greek and Latin heritage (esp Italians and Greeks).

An Australian actor, Nick Giannopolous, wrote a hilarious play in the 1980's called "Wogs out of Work", which poked fun at racism. I recall him asking the audience, "Who here's from Sicily? Who's from Athens? etc" "Who here is a wog?" (To the last of which hundreds of people cheered and raised their hands in amused defiance.)

The crew from "Wogs out of Work" went on to tv stardom with "Acropolis Now" and later Nick G wrote and starred in a film "The Wog Boy". Another of the niche works is the beautifully named "Wogarama".

The most famous and beloved character of these shows is "Effie" - her hair just got bigger as the years rolled on. :)

[IMG][IMG]

I think these artists took much of the sting out of the word "wog" for many Aussies of Italian and Greek heritage (and bear in mind Melbourne apparently has the largest Greek population outside of Athens). "Wog" became for many people a term of affection.
    /OffTopic