Customize

I've just been filmed by somebody outside my home

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by tamphex, Feb 18, 2008.

1. ANON E MOOSE Member

Re: I've just been filmed by somebody outside my home

THis is true. However, thats why you bring a folder of documents , including the court related ones, on fair game, freakout and snow white. Explain that you ron a forum for peaceful protest against the actions of the cos, and that you fear , with good reason that the cos may be prepping for an action against you. Having that first word in is vastly important i think. Vastly. Because if they do pull shit. Like snatching your prints off blank paper to do bomb threats etc, the cops will know to be wary.
  2. saerat Member

Shit... for some reason I got the impression we were relitively safe here because this is where the media seem to be coming for information o.o never thought they would go after the staff.
  3. CandyWaffles Member

Be careful, I'm sure most of Anon will have content on their PC's that they wouldn't want the world to see, let alone let CoS twist to make us look like the sick depraved individuals we are. You know, things like JB, futa, gore or any of the numerous other atrocities that infect your internet history when browsing /b/ or similar image board. No amount of firewalls stops someone walking into your house and taking your hard drive, or even taking an image and leaving no trace :eek:
  4. tamphex Member

Arnie can shed some light onto that. But as far as I know from his story, his house was raided legally.

I live in a very secure apartment complex however, so someone trying to get in would be noticed very quickly.

I went out briefly with my friend who bought over the camera. Back now and answering emails a plenty. The support is so massive I'm overwhelmed. You guys are like my internet world wide extended family.
  5. saerat Member

I bet those idiotic fucks are still trying to find a leader. tampax... one thing... I know this is going to sound heartless but if the very very worst thing happend can you either delete the sql or type a password that not even you will remember as the ftp pass for the site? The posts can be remade but our identities cannot be unlearnt. :confused:
  6. CandyWaffles Member

Does PHPBB track IP address' by default?
  7. Anon23517 Member

Holy shit - you stay safe!
  8. tamphex Member

Lets not all go into a mad panic about IPs etc. So far, this is an individual filming me from across the street while I sat at my pc. I don't even know how long he was doing that until I happened to turn around and catch him in the act. At the moment what I would be leaning the most towards is that he was a dodgy private investigator, hired to find my location etc. Thus far, theres been no indication that my name is known, nor my actual apartment number. He could in theory determine the apartment number by gaining access to the complex, but thats no easy task. This place is very strict on "tailers" following pple past the security key door & always ask the person coming in from behind to show their key before they let them in.

Unless this individual shows up again tomorrow doing the exact same thing, I'm going to assume that this was purely meant to get the wind up me (which it succeeded in doing, I was freaked out but now have my level head back). If he does come back, I'll be going more snap happy then a OTIV on a sunny day outside Flag in Clearwater, FL on his ass. And his face will be plastered between here and every forum on the planet earth.

Of course I'm hoping he doesn't actually return, nor anyone else for that matter.
  9. AB Member

They've broken into peoples GOVERNMENTS to steal information.
  10. Me Member

All of the above.

Stay strong.

You seem like a good guy - and there's a lot of us here who will do whatever we can to help you - please don't forget that.
    I'm not in Australia, but for various reasons I'm confident that I could get a story into the Australian media if it were necessary.

Even if you haven't got access to a camera, you should continue to document exactly what happens, as it may be possible for the police to do something after a time. Personally I'd be inclined to post everything online so that a public record's instantly made; it may piss them off, but they'll also have no illusions that there's anything they can do to then make that record "go away". However, if you think they may still be uncertain as to your exact identity, hold fire, so that you don't give them anything to confirm their suspicions with.

One thing worth considering, are the pros and cons of your making your name public if they are successful in identifying you. This is about your personal well-being.

Also, even though they can't do anything right now, I think it would be sensible to contact the police, explain your circumstances with the website, the "church's" history of serious harassment, the fact of what you suspect is going on, and then simply state that you'd like it noted on the public record, so that they're at least aware.

OK, can't think of anything else useful to say, so stay safe, and keep us posted as you see fit. I know I'll be thinking about you.
  11. AB Member

oh, also, I've noticed a few mentions of hand shredding, it might be easier and more effective to do a paper+water+blender combo, assuming you have a blender.
  12. tamphex Member

Thank you man, very kind words and hey, I think you people are the kindest people on the planet right now. I do have a camera prepped & after talking it out more with my housemates and my friend who bought the camera over, I've decided I'll be visiting the local cop shop first thing tomorrow morning and explaining my situation. Sure, they may look at me like I'm a tinfoil hat wearing insane person, but that pill I'm prepared to swallow.
  13. anon11 Member

QFT
  14. CandyWaffles Member

I'm personally not that worried about IP Address, it's dynamic, so I can get a new one if anything were to happen. They can't really do much with an IP alone. I think they are more worried about people in positions of power like WBM, Tamphex etc that while they aren't offical leaders, are helping Anonymous a great deal. While we don't have leaders, we would be quite lost without a few key people.
  15. Manomynous Member

No we wouldn't. With all due respect to everyone you've mentioned, the very nature of Anonymous prevents being lost. Slowed down a tad, perhaps, but not lost. Think of the Borg from Star Trek. Cliche, but appropriate comparison. When one is taken down, three others keep on trucking, having already adapted to the method of attack. That's what we are. There are enough of us in contact with enough other people to keep this machine moving right along. Don't give those wackos the satisfaction of thinking "we would be quite lost without a few key people."

Tamphex, everyone's already said it, so... what they said. Watch your ass, man.
  16. Unlisted Member

:evil:
    WTF?

*sends good vibes and moral support*

I second the motion of getting good curtains :)

Also, it can't be legal to film people through the window of their private home.
  17. tamphex Member

Y'know if anything, after recovering from my initial wtf man!?, this hasn't deterred me. In fact, my fires are burning twice as hot now. I'm going to put in tenfold the amount of work I've been putting into enturb and tenfold the amount of dedication as well. Screw these cultists and their shady little parlor games, man.

You haven't made me back off CoS, you've made me want to take you on even more then before. :anon:
  18. CandyWaffles Member

I never said that there wouldn't be people to replace them, I said that they were key people. Scientology doesn't understand that we can create another Enturbulation in a couple of days if we needed, and thusly sees them as key targets because of their added involvement.

If we lost Enturbulation, we would be quite lost, someone would eventually bring the site back, or would make a replacement site, but until then it would be damaging to us. We all saw what happened when ED and PartyVan went down, people were lost. Enturbulation has become one of the key organizational hubs for this movement, with the Wiki's being increasingly messy, the usual image boards being generally useless for any real type of discussion. It was also the wise words of WBM that steered a lot of Anon in the peaceful direction. Would it have happened eventually? Maybe, but who knows how much more damage the archaic approach would have caused to our reputation first.

While it's fun to be idealistic and think that everyone is expendable, we rely a lot on some individuals work and effort, and while there may be others that can step up and take their place, they aren't like used batteries where you can just slot new ones in and off you go.
  19. AnonNow Member

Anonymous are the ones buying the curtains now?...oh how the world has changed!!!
    I disagree, call the cops now, even if it comes to nothing and they do think you are being paranoid at least your concerns will be on record, and the fact that you called the police will be on record, this is very important.
  20. anonkatie Member

Stay strong, man.

I send you strong vibes from across the world.

To the person who asked about have they broken into places and stolen computers, don't you know the Steven Spielberg story?

They broke into his office and stole his computers with all his new movie info on them. They followed and tried to intimidate his wife. It's a long story with a Tom Cruise connection.

Sufficed to say, Steven Spielberg would love us.

I concur talk to police. If the guy shows back up they can have a chat with him and ward him off.

This just shows their desperation and ultimately, their weakness. They are afraid of you Tamphex and us.

We have power over them. Peace, my brother in arms.
  21. CandyWaffles Member

If you appear overly paranoid to the police, they will be less likely to believe you later. Tamphex said himself that he's not overly sure what the guy was doing, or if they'll be back. I'd wait till you have a little more than "some guy outside" to give to the police. At least have a photo, and say he's been around a couple of times. If he comes back, try and ask him what he's doing? He could be there for some other unknown reason and be completely innocent, who knows.
  22. Me Member

The thing you're missing is that apathy is and always has been our biggest enemy. The moment they start fairgaming any individuals they suddenly make this very personal to a whole lot of us.
    Some people will slink away for sure, but what you'll be left with are the ones who you'd have wanted to have your back in the first place; plus an awful lot extra who were previously a bit indifferent. The"church" will be making a big, big mistake if they choose this path again.
  23. argh Member

It can't be for any reason other than information gathering, surely? I think the intimidation is just a side effect.

I mean.. haven't they learned anything yet about Anonymous? If not, maybe its the programming that slows them down.

I wouldn't want to compare anyone to a used battery (maybe a rechargeable...) but I do believe that out of 7000-plus people, there are quite a few who could and would run a site like this if needed. They would also know what kind of attacks to expect.

Good on you Tamphex, all the best, and don't forget to recharge your batteries now and then!
  24. tamphex Member

Arnie has sent some advice regarding the situation:

We are very lucky to have such a man of experience & insight into the CoS's dark dirty secrets with us Arnie. Hopefully this year at some point I'll be able to shake your hand in person.
  25. Coward Member

Hey everyone, I've been lurkin for a while, but after reading this thread i finally decided to register..

this might be tldr, but still.

It's really nice that everyone is so supportive, but if you're not just being paranoid, this is beyond the realm of innernet funtime and into RL harassment. I have never been a fan of scientology, but this is over the line. But relax guy, they're just trying to scare you.

I would think they're in phase 1 of the harassment, collecting info on you and trying to dig up dirt.

But if they out you in an attempt to try to put a face on anonymous or some shit like that, I would be inclined, personally, to air my own dirty laundry. Don't let them get the upper hand. I would totally agree with them, even correct them if they got it not-quite-right (ie - exaggerate your own pervish tendencies to the extreme). Yes, I got arrested 5 years ago for illegal narcotics and I'm a borderline alcoholic. Yes, I love to jerk it to gay cartoons on the net. Yes, there's a video of me strangling myself just before ejaculation and my gay roommate is my spotter - here's the link! Yes, I dislike your cult because I find YOU offensive. If a person like ME finds you offensive, what does that say about YOU? Take away their ammo. But, don't let them accuse you of any crime that you haven't already been convicted of ;) I would think, if you don't do it, they're gonna do it for you. And people like us are a lot more perversely creative than people like them.

But that's just me. Unfortunately, some people have reputations they like to maintain and all that.

Also, just as an afterthought, if you manage to get decent pics or video of them, perhaps we can launch operation smear the scios?
  26. saerat Member

Anon's Fair Fag policy
  27. An0nYm0use Member

tamphex :

rly sorry to hear this. some good advice from other posters so i wont repeat it.

my reaction : which i don't know if this is what you want to think about considering the state of mind this has prob caused, but i will say it anyway... just something for you to consider although you may have considered it yourself.

how did they track you down ...?

a couple of things i immediately thought of were:

1. i don't know if you have posted about the rolling stone / wired interview thing ... did it happen? ... there was word going around irc that the journalist flew out to Aus... ?

: ----- if this happened was he checked out as genuine ... i am sure this precaution will have been taken.

2. the hosting of enturbulation ... do you have any other sites hosted on these servers? are these private servers....? could other sites hosted on these servers that you control contain info leading to you? .... what about the ISP.

It easy for me to say ... but after the initial shock wears off. try not to let it scare you - if you do allow it to happen they win. as i said its easy for me to say.

keep strong. your efforts are appreciated by more than know of those efforts
  28. Manomynous Member

And yet, in a way, they have to be like that. I'm pretty sure Tamphex knows, and WBM probably gets it too. This is in no way a slight against them. We are ALL expendible, and the minute anyone thinks they aren't, they become a figurehead. No one is more important than another. That is just the way Anonymous is. If I'm wrong here, someone please correct me.

As for being lost if this site goes down, it sounds to me like this simply means we need a contingency. If some sci-hacker is able to DDoS us, and we're left running around screaming "OH NOES! THEY DUN GOT US! HURRR!", then... well, I guess we had it coming, yes?

The question then becomes "What IS the contingency?", which I can't answer since I lack the resources to make one.
  29. noitulover Member

Arnie is referring to a 'noisy' investigation --this is one where they want you to know that they are watching and inquiring about you.
    This tactic was used on Vince Daniels in the U.S., John Sweeny in the UK -- hey, you're in with some illustrious folks! Perhaps the coveted Golden Rod SP Declare is in your future?

Another good idea might be to type up a short explanation to slip under the doors of your neighbours. Many open critics have done this to diffuse the stream of misinformation that is surely to follow once they have confirmed your identity. At the very least, make sure family, friends, your landlord for sure, and employers are all aware that you are a critic of the cult. Strangers inquiring about you should be told nothing.

I think it's important to remember the mindset of these people. They cannot believe that anonymous is self-organized. There MUST be a leader, an organizer, an instigator -- and by their own definition, this person MUST have crimes they are hiding. If they can't find any real crimes, they will invent them, because it only means you haven't been 'caught' doing these terrible things yet.

For them, as the Webmaster, you fit this profile quite nicely and you will serve their purposes.

I would also advise you to write a journal, not an electronic one, but a paper one -- these documents tend to hold a lot of weight with the courts, should it ever come to that.

You have taken on this fight, and this website, to the gratitude of the over 5000 members of this board. We stand with you.

fuck man, THIS IS WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  30. AnonNow Member

But at this stage it doesn't matter if the police believe him, just that he has contacted them and gone on record expressing his concerns about the situation.
  31. tamphex Member

I attended the Sydney picket unmasked. The reason for me doing this was that I felt myself being exposed was part of my intentions in hope that doing so would show the people involved in the CoS that I was hiding nothing, and wanted them to expose themselves as I had done. Of course in hindsight, this decision was probably (but hopefully not) my great undoing. I also stood a little away from the crowd and kept constant eye contact with an individual who was rather feverishly taking down notes & working the video camera they had set up in the window beside him. My non masking wasn't decided to go against the Anonymous masking whereas that ideal was to reinforce the CoS's targeting of outspoken critics, which I totally agree with (oh the sweet irony huh)

I left the picket with a few people I trust and we made our way down to a pub a few blocks away, but didn't take a direct route. Spent perhaps an hour there and then I left for home via train. I was being vigilant throughout leaving the picket, at the pub itself and going home and noticed no one suspicious. If this individual was indeed a PI, between the photos taken of me, video recorded, notes taken down etc it wouldn't have taken much to find me. And given the time frame, thats what makes the perfect sense to me.

I actually haven't heard back from the journalist as yet; last I heard he was looking to talk to individuals in ClearWater and in his locale of NYC. He did indicate that he would still like to talk to me, but gave a time frame of 4 - 8 weeks. So we'll see how that pans out soon I guess. And yes, he checked out as genuine so no worries there

The hosting isn't taken care of myself directly. The server will be getting moved onto a much more improved server base shortly, thanks to the incredibly generous donations we've received. To my knowledge there are no other sites hosted on this particular server, but I may be incorrect. I'm sure LE will soon enough come in and clear up that question however.

Thank you for the support as well. Like I stated earlier, my fires are burning brighter then before now.
  32. fuckyeah Member

I'd be surprised if they do anything else to be honest. They just use these fearmongering tactics to intimidate you. They want you to know they're there. Wave at them or something.
  33. bananonymous Member

QFT. We ARE the fucking INTERTUBES, damnit!
    If enturbulation gets taken down for whatever reason, someone will launch a new server with a recent forum backup, ready to roll within 24 hours. They can play whack-a-wog as much as they want, but we are too well connected with forum overlapping and whatnot to ever be completely disorganized to the point of inaction.

It's time that they realize that and "gg nextmap" already.

Oh, AND LEAVE TAMPHEX ALONE!! :xenu:
  34. GeriKhan Member

This lurker is impressed with your stoicism and determination. Get photos, get proof, don't let the bastards get to you and don't let them away with it if you can help it.
  35. Edge_ Member

Slightly offtopic...

What's the adress for donating again?
  36. bananonymous Member

Hey man, please don't. I understand that you are riled up and want to fight them tooth and nail, but really, don't let it take over your life. That would mean that you are as trapped as the scilons, only on the other side of the fence. They are just trying to intimidate you at the moment, so the best way of fighting them is doing what you are doing and don't give in to fear. That means that you shouldn't go into crazy near-religious fervor either. Keep it cool, keep it safe and we'll all see this through, mang 8)
  37. tamphex Member

Thank you kind lurker! Oh I can say without a doubt, should the individual return, his image(s) will be given a merry trip through every forum throughout the world.

paypal@enturbulation.com

Valid point & duly noted. Sorry, I just had a moment of total renewal while posting and the fingers just followed through with the mind. Don't worry, I'm level headed, won't be doing anything rash and back on steady course. With so much support pouring in from everywhere, I definitely feel safe.
  38. anonmelb Member

I'm in complete disagreeance with you, when the sites went down new ones propped up within minutes and were relayed through the various IRC channels, now we have numerous sites feeding the same information, in fact it wasn't even until after feb 10th I myself started using this forum, before that I used CoS Relent and ausfag IRC's.. So really you are quite wrong, while small cells of people might get confused during a site crash it doesn't take long at all for everything to get back up.
  39. Skambrent Member

We are the Markabian BORG. Prepare to be pwned!

And next time, everyone wears MASKS. I mean c'mon people, this is what they do.
  40. musketeerwang Member

At the risk of stating the bleedin' obvious, and with due sympathy and respect to Tamphex, this does suggest that although noble, doing without masks is A Bad Thing (tm).