Customize

"I've been a Scientologist for over XXX years..."

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by RevModemac, Jun 1, 2008.

1. RevModemac Member

"I've been a Scientologist for over XXX years..."

That's the line most often used by the Sons of Elron when they deal with outside inquiries. Nearly every single time you see a published reply to any news article about Scientology, in the letters column will be at least one letter beginning with this phrase. What's more, the number will never be less than 20. "I've been a Scientologist for over 20 years..." "...35 years..." "25 years..."

It seems as though there are two kinds of Scientologists: the preclears who are only beginning to work their way up the Bridge (or leave shortly afterwards), and the ones who have been there for half their lives or more, and can attest to the statement above. There's never any middle ground.

What's the largest number you've seen quoted in this phrase, and where did you see it? Just curious.
  2. Re: "I've been a Scientologist for over XXX years..."

The longest claim I've seen is 40 years, made by the famous James Lightfield. I'll see if I can copypasta one of his comments.

3. mojo Member

Re: "I've been a Scientologist for over XXX years..."

the sons of elron............:guyfawkes: just showered my keyboard.
  4. AnonSoul Member

Clearwater = Rivendell? Frightening...
  5. Sanjuricus Member

Are there any 1st Gen Scifags still about?
  6. anon11 Member

I've talked to a Scientologist woman as well and she told me

- she was in for 25 years
    - she worked in many Sci departments
    - currently in the accounting department
    - and knew that the monay wasn't used for evil purposes

She also gave me the line "all betterment groups have critics who want to destroy the good thing just because they want to oppose sth."

At the time, it shocked me, that someone could think that way and I had no replies(Feb10).
  7. Ann O'Nymous Member

It is consistent with what we know: most people take only a few courses.
  8. goldenrodanon Member

I know one who got in in 1950, and is still doing it. Lives near Seattle.

I myself was "in" for 7 years, then watched suspiciously from the sidelines for another 20, got back in for another 1, and then said fuck this and left for good.

my first 7 were before RTC, so I can see what crap they added that drove the last nails into the coffin.
  9. Relyt Member

John Long-lens guy says he's been in for 40 years... yet he still has a good attitude and is nice to everyone and confirms Xenu :p
  10. anon1957 Member

JOhn Long-lens guy is pawning you guys imo.

The best con artists are the nicest, most interesting and funnest people you would ever want to be around. That is why they are such good con artists.

An old con artist trick is to, when caught red handed, to admit to a "lesser crime" than the one they are really guilty of.

It is sort of like a guy who is having an affair, gets caught IN BED with another woman by his wife, and says I was *only* making out with her, we didn't go all the way. Then the argument becomes about why it is not as bad for a married man to make out with another woman as it is to actually have sex. Which completely distracts from the real point is that he can't be trusted.

THAT is what John long-lens is doing imo. Keep the conversation on the abuses in the Sea Org and see how nice he stays--or if he is willing to even admit to the possibility that they are happening. Which of course he does know. There is no way that he could be "in" for 40 years (ie stayed in even after Operation Snow White and Operation Freak Out, etc, etc, ) & live in LA, & not have a clue as to what is really going on in the Sea Org.

Isn't he the guy who said that the asbestos on the Freewinds isn't harmful because it was on the outside of the vents? Because that is exactly what I am talking about. This is not a guy who gives a flying fuck about the truth. He is just dong his damnedest to con anons. First step is getting them to "like him.
  11. tazor Member

A lot of them weren't active during long periods of that time. They think that by throwing out years of being a $cilon legitimizes it. It just HAS to work if people stay in so long. My thinking is that it just shows how brainwashed or gullible they really are.