Customize

Israeli tanks have moved into Gaza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anonisophy, Jul 17, 2014.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

Under fire and out of cash, U.N. overwhelmed by Gaza crisis | Reuters

The United Nations in Gaza is struggling to withstand a flood of almost a quarter of a million refugees into shelters that have repeatedly come under Israeli fire.

Out of cash, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), the main U.N. body in the impoverished enclave of 1.8 million Palestinians, says it can barely handle the humanitarian crisis unleashed by more than three weeks of fighting between militants and Israel.

Asked to explain the scale of the civilian suffering to an Arab news station, an UNRWA spokesman simply burst into tears.

"There are times when tears speak more eloquently than words. Mine pale into insignificance compared with Gaza's," Chris Gunness said.

"UNRWA is overwhelmed in Gaza. We have reached breaking point; our staff are being killed, our shelters overflowing. Where will it end ... UNRWA now has 225,178 displaced in 86 shelters. But Gaza is being destroyed. So when the war is over, where will these people go?" Gunness said.

At dawn on Wednesday, Israeli forces shelled a girls' school doubling as a refuge for more than 3,000 people, killing at least 15, including four children, the Gaza Health Ministry said.

Eight U.N. employees have been killed since Israel launched its offensive on July 8 after rocket fire from Gaza intensified. U.N. shelters have been bombed by Israel on six separate occasions, including in another shelling of a U.N. shelter last week that killed 15 people.

Continued at http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/31/us-mideast-gaza-un-idUSKBN0G01DL20140731
    • Like Like x 2
  2. A.O.T.F Member

^ I have a lot of respect for you Night Owl. Please stay the fuck out of it.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Anonymous Member

z3GG9xfD_normal.png
    When the muslim brotherhood human kind come breathing down your neck, and shoving the barrel of an AK47 up your ass, I hope your respect for all human kind remains intact.

However, if it takes your obsequiousness away, nothing of value will have been lost.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. The Internet Member

Might be good news or might not. Bachmann is one of the dimmest bulbs in Congress so you have to look closely at everything she touches.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. A.O.T.F Member

FUCK! ... The only bit of commonsense I've seen so far.
  6. Anonymous Member

I realize that it is the very first step, and a small step, too.

I'm not in the US or a citizen so I don't have a close read on the American political landscape but I'll take your word for it. If she has the anti-midas touch thing going for her, where everything she touches turns to shit, then I have a sad.

Too many people have a deep ignorance about the muslim brotherhood and fail to understand that groups like Hamas, Hezbollah and such are but front groups for a middle-eastern fascist faction that has an extremely evil agenda. The destruction of Israel and all Jews is just a small part of it.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. A.O.T.F Member

DEATH TOLL SOARS 1423: 324 kids - 166 women - 60 elderly - 8265 injured: 2502 kids - 1626 women - 303 elderly.

WAKE THE FUCK UP!
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

Are those numbers for Syria, Iraq or ???
  9. A.O.T.F Member

You tell me, Night Owl. You seem to know whats going on, well don't you?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. A.O.T.F Member

Whats the matter? Cat got every bodies tongue?
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. A.O.T.F Member

How can you all be so desensitized to the wholesale murder of innocent children? YOU, the people here. I feel sickened reading through some of this Zionist fucking bullshit that has been written. Un fucking believable!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

Dude, dudette, or whatever the fuck you might happen to be, WWP isn't the hug box you knew so well at WITP.

There are plenty of hug box sites left on the Internet. I suggest you go in search of them instead of throwing tantrums on WWP and telling members what they should be doing. It's a tiresome bore and the WITP odor is sickening.
  13. A.O.T.F Member

Try answering my question instead of trying to use the age old "Transference" bullshit. I'm not the one to blame here. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. The Internet Member

This is really bad. The shelling of a UN school seems against Israel’s policy of targeting Hamas weapons, tunnels, and armed attackers. Maybe there were weapons systems stored in the UN school? If so, I wonder how the UN allowed that.

Also, Israel said it has been giving a warning before firing on rocket launchers so people can evacuate. I would not expect so many casualties if a warning had been given.

So a bad look for Israel.
  15. The Internet Member

Boring.

Listen, to me Israelis and Palestinians are the same. They are equally valuable. I am trying to think of the best strategy to keep the most of both countries alive. Right now, I think Hamas is the major problem, particularly their policy of putting military targets in civilian centers so civilians serve as human shields. They are doing this because it is effective PR. So I think we should tell Hamas we are wise to their plans and they better stop fucking over their own civilians because wrong. At the same time, Israelis need to avoid civilian casualties by giving warnings so people can leave the area, as they say they have been doing. I am not there and do not know if the warnings are actually happening or not.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. The Internet Member

AOTF, it would help me if you would explain the nature of your disagreement with something I said. The “dislike” usually leaves me confused.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. A.O.T.F Member

^ You're definitely on my list of Zionist shitheads!
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. A.O.T.F Member

SRSLY TI..WTF?
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. The Internet Member

Yes, seriously. Like I tell my wife, I suck at reading other people’s minds. I need things dumbed waay down or I get lost.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. A.O.T.F Member

I expected more from you. Think about it.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  21. Boris Korczak Member

Anybody who kills children and civilians is a murderer/criminal.
    Anyone who steals someone else land or any property is a thief.
    Anyone who does the above deserves a severe punishment.
    Anyone who supports the murderer/thief is as guilty as he is.
    Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.
    BK
    • Like Like x 1
  22. The Internet Member

Are we doing the vague thing again? You know, where you say, “Nobody is talking about the elephant in the room...” then wait for someone to volunteer what you actually mean? Cuz I do not think that game is fair. It is better to state what you mean to say in plain English.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. The Internet Member

Did you know that almost 3,000 rockets have been fired into Israel from Gaza?
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

Here's the latest from Pat Condell:

If you’re thinking of taking a trip on the Gaza Underground you’ll need this handy map:

Gaza Underground.jpg
    And here's the latest from Hamas:

Hamas: We "love death for Allah"

subcat-box-top.gif
    PMW Bulletins
    July 31, 2014

by Itamar Marcus

Two of the most senior Hamas leaders appeared on Hamas TV yesterday saying that Hamas loves death like Israelis love life.

A recorded statement by Hamas Chief of Staff Muhammad Deif, prepared during the current Gaza war, announced:

"Today you [Israelis] are fighting divine soldiers,
    who love death for Allah like you love life,
    and who compete among themselves for Martyrdom
    like you flee from death."

Hamas TV also chose to broadcast yesterday a statement former Hamas Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh said in the past:

"We love death like our enemies love life!
    We love Martyrdom, the way in which [Hamas] leaders died."

[Al-Aqsa TV (Hamas), July 30, 2014]

25. The Internet Member

Loving death is a bad look, Hamas. Nobody wants a bunch of political leaders going on and on about how great it is to die. Governments are supposed to keep their citizens alive. So you are doing the whole government thing entirely wrong.
    • Like Like x 3
  26. Anonymous Member

Just like $cientology, Hamas is a death cult!
    • Like Like x 2
  27. moxie Member

• Like Like x 1
  28. Anonymous Member

Pat Condell on why he supports Israel:

Transcript:

All anyone needs to know about the Middle East conflict is that the Jews want peace and the Arabs don't, because the Arabs hate Jews for religious reasons and they want them dead.

Politics, territory - these are just excuses.

Whenever I make this point it always seems to annoy the right sort of people, so I thought I might as well do it again.

If you're one of these people, then you'll likely be a supporter of the boycott, divestment and sanctions campaign that has been so comically ineffective because the world depends on Israeli technology, and that's where the money is, not oranges and avocados.

If you support BDS, will you boycott the chip in your phone or computer, or is it just Israeli fruit and vegetables that you have a moral problem with?

Maybe you're one of the people who feel entitled to shout down Israeli speakers in universities, or to disrupt concerts and sports events that other people have paid money to enjoy.

Or perhaps you campaign for the boycott of Israeli academics, to block the free exchange of information and understanding. All this is on the same moral level as book burning, and if you're a part of this movement, you're a part of that.

Also, the relentless focus solely on Israel that ignores the world's real human rights violators tells us that this is an anti-Semitic movement, and if you're a part of it, you're a part of that, too.

If Israel was a Christian or a Buddhist country there wouldn't be any BDS campaign, and everyone knows it, just as there isn't any BDS for Tibet, a country invaded and culturally raped by the Chinese, but then the Chinese aren't Jews.

No BDS for Saudi Arabia treating women like livestock because the Saudis aren't Jews, which is lucky for them because, if they were, they'd have to ban themselves from entering their own country.

How inconvenient. Crude Islamic Jew hatred has permeated the Middle East conflict from day one, yet its influence is always carefully omitted from all political analysis.

Any doctor who diagnosed an illness as ineptly and dishonestly would deserve to be struck off and prosecuted.

Palestinian leaders have had several chances for a two state solution and they have always rejected it because they don't want a two state solution, and they don't care about the suffering of their people.

They want all Jews out of there, or dead.

The leader of Hezbollah is on record as saying that he won't be happy until every Jew on earth is dead.

Once you realise that this is the position there, whatever you think of Israeli security measures, your moral standpoint has to change.

We know that if the Arabs were to lay down their weapons they could have peace and prosperity for all their people, and the Israelis wouldn't need to build barriers or do anything else the world disapproved of.

They could simply get on with what they do best, technological innovation, making life better for all of us, including Arabs.

On the other hand, we know that if the Israelis were to lay down their weapons they would be massacred - men, women and children alike.

The Arabs are even happy to put their own children in the firing line to attack Jews, they hate them so much. And this hatred comes directly from their religion.

It isn't politics or territory that causes a mother to celebrate the death of her child.

Only religion can do that, and one religion in particular, the one that's insisting on the right of return - to the 7th century.

Just look at the mess they've made in Gaza, which is now a hardcore Islamic hell hole.

The Israelis used to be in Gaza, but they gave it up for peace. They uprooted thousands of settlers and gave the land to the Arabs for peace.

And what did they get? They got war, of course.

Gaza immediately became a launching pad for hundreds of Iranian rockets aimed at Israeli women and children by people hiding behind their own women and children - a double war crime, ignored by the West, like all Arab war crimes.

That's what the Israelis got when they gave up Gaza, and it's what they'll get if they're ever stupid enough to give up the West Bank.

Israel needs to exist because there needs to be a Jewish state. Humanity has proven conclusively over many centuries that it cannot be trusted not to persecute Jews.

Jew hatred seems to be written right into our DNA because it just keeps coming back. Any Jew who thinks the Holocaust could never happen again is a fool.

There are plenty of people on this earth who would love to see it happen again, and many of them live in the countries around Israel.

When Arab armies have attacked in the past they have bragged in advance about committing genocide, and they've still been bragging about it as they were getting their sorry arses deservedly kicked again and again.

People who want to boycott Israel have no idea what it's like to live on a thin strip of land surrounded by people who want to wipe out your entire population, who have repeatedly tried to do so in the past, and failed, and who will continue trying until they succeed, which is likely to happen, roughly, never, while we in the West keep paying for it.

What would you do if you were the Israeli prime minister? How would you deal with people who want you and your entire population dead?

I know what I would do, and I wouldn't give a damn about world opinion. As for UN resolutions, I would use them to light my cigars.

I don't actually smoke cigars, but I would take it up for that reason, I think it's just so important, because this is a war of crude religious hatred by Muslim Arabs against Jews, and the Jews have to win every time.

The Arabs only have to win once for the world to see another Holocaust, and to stand by once again watching it happen.

That's why I support Israel, and that's why, if you have an ounce of humanity, you, too, should support Israel, whatever your political persuasion.

http://www.patcondell.net/
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  29. moxie Member

• Like Like x 1
  30. Kilia Member

Now THAT statement I agree with!
  31. Kilia Member

• Like Like x 1
  32. Kilia Member

33. Kilia Member

34. Kilia Member

35. Kilia Member

36. moxie Member

• Like Like x 1
  37. The Internet Member

Quick taste of Bachmann. Songified to make her less annoying.

38. The Internet Member

But Israel does not occupy Gaza. Gaza is run by Hamas.

If Israel did occupy Gaza, it probably would not be full of rocket launchers and an extensive, complex tunnel system for covert sabotage of Israel’s infrastructure.
    • Like Like x 2
  39. The Internet Member

• Like Like x 1