Customize

Israeli tanks have moved into Gaza

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anonisophy, Jul 17, 2014.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  2. The Wrong Guy Member

The Daily Show: We Need to Talk About Israel

Jon tries to have a calm discussion about Israel's ground offensive in the Gaza Strip, but he is quickly thwarted by The Best Fucking News Team Ever.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. The Wrong Guy Member

Should We Look at and Share Photos of Dead Civilians in Gaza? | VICE United States

Uploading images of maimed life is only valuable if it can reveal to viewers their complicity in the violence depicted, and perhaps even impact them enough to act. That seems to be happening right now as it did 45 years ago, when news broadcasts of the Vietnam War helped induced mass protests. Today, however, it’s new media that’s catalyzing action.

http://www.vice.com/read/should-we-look-at-and-share-photos-of-dead-civilians-in-gaza-723
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Kilia Member

This war has been going on for many, many years now and will not stop until one or the other is completely obliterated.
  5. agree
  6. BDS

The only way India and South Africa could be freed,
    and the only language Israel is understanding on the long run,
    is the decision of us people to boycot:
    http://www.bdsmovement.net/

Hasbarists claim this makes no sense, its anti-semitic and against palestinians - the louder they shout, the better it indicates this works.
    And, dear Zionists in Israel and elsewhere, arrogant enough to claim representation for all jews in the world: This massacre against Gaza will generate exactly the PR needed to accelerate the boycot campaign.
    Your brainwashing propaganda is as obvious as Scientology's. Look and learn. Then give up your idiotic project to be assholes and sell it as protecting "the only democrazy in middle east".
    BDS
    This message by BDS has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  7. A.O.T.F Member

A.O.T.F
    This message by A.O.T.F has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  8. Disambiguation Global Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  9. laughingsock Member

With out a doubt.
    Hey! Look...someone willing to help make it happen. Huh, never saw this coming.
  10. laughingsock Member

11. Kilia Member

12. Anonymous Member

If it was my country/state/city, and I was the boss, wherever the source of the rockets were located would end up as scorched earth.

The press and other media is almost uniformly pro-Palestinian, largely because they are easily manipulated to see the Palestinians as victims of the Israelis rather than victims of their own extremism.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Kilia Member

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  14. The Internet Member

Your video confuses me. It says, “Resistencia Venezuela.” Venezuela?

Then there are scenes of young people with backbacks and t-shirts and gas masks in the streets of some city rioting with Molotov cocktails, I think. Text says, "La Libertad es un derecho de todos."

Also, cool techno background music, making rioting and violent revolution against authority seem really cool, man.

WTF.

Venezuela is probably in the stable of Putin bitches, so maybe that is why we are seeing this thing in this thread about Israel, a US ally. Because I think Putin is up to some propaganda shenanigans right now.
    • Like Like x 1
  15. We are Resistencia.the video merely shows we are Resistencia. in solidarity with Palistinian Anons, why do you shame us? Is this not a protest movement here? who are you people, really?
    • Dislike Dislike x 2

16. Trapped Palestinian medical staff and ISM volunteers need your help #Gaza
    #GazaUnderAttack

Dear friends,

At 19:00 Beit Hanoun Hospital was hit by an Israeli tank shell. Inside the hospital are 61 medical staff, civilians, three patients and two ISM volunteers, Charlie Andreasson and Fred Ekblad, both from Sweden, who are all trapped inside.

Israeli soldiers are close to the hospital. Gunfire can be heard in the area. A thick smoke is rolling into the hospital.

We need you to call your own representatives to demand that they fulfill their obligation to insure that Israel adheres to international law and immediately cease to target medical staff and facilities.

Some phone numbers are provided below.

Background: Medical teams under fire

international volunteers, including some from Sweden, the U.S., and the UK, went to Beit Hanoun in North Gaza to accompany ambulances fallowing the targeting of an ambulance in Beit Hanoun this afternoon by Israeli forces. The Israeli attack on the ambulance killed one paramedic and the critical injury of another

The attack on the hospital in Beit Hanoun is the second Israeli attack on Gazan medical facilities and personnel in the last 24 hours. The first resulted in the destruction of Al Durrah Children’s Hospital in Gaza City last night. A two year-old child in the Intensive Care Unit was killed, and 30 others injured.

Due to shelling nearby, Beit Hanoun hospital has evacuated most of its patients to al-Shifa Hospital. Three patients remain in the hospital.

Since Israel began its attack on Gaza, 13 ambulances have been completely destroyed and two paramedics have been killed. Throughout the massacre, medical staff and facilities have been repeatedly targeted.

"Israel's attacks on Gaza hospitals are ongoing, with those in areas by the separation barrier forced to evacuate their patients, paramedics and other rescue workers are doing what they can under conditions of great risk." Stated Joe Catron, U.S. International Solidarity Movement activist.

According to the Gazan Ministry of Health, six out of Gaza’s 13 hospitals have already been severely damaged. One, el-Wafa rehabilitation hospital, has been completely destroyed. Two medical clinics have been completely destroyed, seven other clinics have been damaged, 13 medical staff members have been injured, and five have been killed.

The Ministry of Health in Gaza has demanded, "the immediate cessation of Israeli occupation military attacks against medical facilities and personnel in Gaza, and demands that the international community soundly condemn this latest Israeli atrocity, and hold Israel accountable for these war crimes."

Here are some of the numbers you can call:

Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs
    Carl Bildt
    +46 8 405 10 00 [4]
    (Plus a load more phone numbers on this page: www.government.se/sb/d/2085)
    @carlbildt
    @SweMFA

The German Foreign Office:
    Federal Foreign Office
    Frank-Walter Steinmeier, Minister

Tel. (24 hours service): +49 30 1817 0
    Telefax: +49 30 1817 3402
    German Embassy Tel Aviv emergency number / for German citizens only: +972-54-9944724 (mobile)

Twitter
    Auswärtiges Amt @AuswaertigesAmt

UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office
    MP Philip Hammond
    +44 20 7008 1500
    020 7219 4055
    @foreignoffice

US Department of State
    Israel Foreign Service Desk: 202-647-3672
    @StateDept

Spain
    José García-Margallo y Marfil
    91 379 97 00
    @MAECgob

New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade
    Murray McCully
    +64 4 439 8000
    @NZNationalParty

French Ministry of Foreign Affairs
    Laurent Fabius
    @francediplo
    @laurentfabius

Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
    Julie Bishop
    +61 2 6261 1111 (office)
    1300 555 135 (24-hour Consular Emergency Centre)
    @dfat
    @JulieBishopMP

Venezuelan Ministry Foreign Affairs
    Elías Jaua
    +58 212 806.4400
    +58 212 8061111
    @ Vencancilleria

In solidarity,

ISM Palestine
  17. Anonymous Member

Why We Protest is about legal, non-violent/peaceful protesting. You mooks look like you missed the memo on that. Fuck off!
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Doing Nothing
    Wake Up
    This message by Wake Up has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  19. http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/07/hamas-didnt-kidnap-the-israeli-teens-after-all.html
  20. The Internet Member

Anyone can buy a V for Vendetta mask. Anyone can spout rhetoric that appeals to confused ordinary people who don’t know the details of a complicated situation in a far away country. That does not make such a person “US!!!"

I hope the old gray leftie types amongst us soon realize Russia is not on their side any longer. Probably never was on their side, actually. But I digress.

Today Russia is more capitalist than our own Tea Party Koch personal armies. In Russia the national assets are being privatized, aka handed over to evil fat cats. So be careful about any propaganda that sounds populist coming from Russian media.
    • Like Like x 2
  21. The Internet Member

To recap:

YOU TAKE MY WATER
    BURN MY OLIVE TREES
    DESTROY MY HOUSE
    TAKE MY JOB
    STEAL MY LAND
    IMPRISON MY FATHER
    KILL MY MOTHER
    BOMB MY COUNTRY
    STARVE US ALL
    HUMILIATE US ALL
    BUT I AM TO BLAME:
    I SHOT A ROCKET BACK

Protip: If you are not a uniformed soldier under orders of a recognized military unit, do not shoot a rocket or detonate a bomb or such like. Because people will either arrest you or maybe kill you if they fear that arrest may be too dangerous. I am not talking about Israel here so much as the US and similar places, where bombs really are not okay.

I remain more sympathetic toward Israel than Hamas, due to the fact that Israel sends its children to universities. I want all children capable of going to university to have that opportunity.

If the world were to make that the measure of a nation: the percentage of children capable of attending good universities, then Hamas would be forced to change its culture of death worship and martyr worship. That would be good.
    • Like Like x 2
  22. The Internet Member

Education ftw, always. Support the team that gets their kids into university.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. The Internet Member

Some good info on the way Palestinians and other militant Islamists are groomed to behave as martyrs.

If you raise your children to fire rockets into cities or to blow themselves up in busses, you are in a cult and you need to break free.
    • Like Like x 2
  24. BDS

I totally agree that Hamas should stop behaving like they do.
    But what options do the people have? What if an occupation force prevents you from building a nation with a good education system, because it is written in their political program to grab the land and throw out the people?
    The extremists in Israel do not want palestinians to have good education. I have heard from eye-witnesses that there are holes in the wall/fence in the west bank where palestinians come through, pay money to Israeli forces and then go to work without social insurance an Israeli worke would have, of course.
    There is always people profiting from this whole idiotic system, and these people are not interested in peace (because they sell weapons) nor higher education of the people (because they are cheap workers).
  25. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  26. Boris Korczak Member

To the people of good will - Support people of Gaza! I do.
    Israel commits a genocide with US blessings and lots of American taxpayers' money.
    Killing children to steal someone's land is a crime and against Torah.
    I am not Jewish but let me quote something of a major importance.

"The Torah teaches that Jews are in exile by a Divine decree. Jews are required to respect the nations amongst whom they live. The Torah forbids Jews to have their own state. Jews accept the Almighty's decree and wait patiently for His redemption, without any human intervention. It goes without saying that Jews are forbidden to steal land, kill or expel anyone. Precisely because they experienced the Holocaust, they must learn tolerance and respect for others - not use our suffering as an excuse to oppress others."

Now you can come to your own conclusions.
    Stay safe.
    BK
    • Like Like x 1
  27. moxie Member

• Like Like x 1
  28. The Internet Member

Boris, can you describe exactly where this land is that some “Jews” are stealing?

Are you aware that Israelis are people of many faiths, including Islam and Christianity and Scientology, etc.?
    • Like Like x 2
  29. meep meep Member

1. Israelis refer to Israel as The Jewish State. Arabs are second class citizens. Lets not be disingenuous here.
    • Like Like x 2
  30. The Internet Member

Nobody should be a second class citizen. The law should be blind to ethnic heritage, although I know in practice people tend to favor their own kind.

The few Israelis I’ve known were all atheists and they didn’t feel like second class citizens. But I’ve never been to Israel and I don’t know what it’s really like there. Do the laws really apply differently to non-Jews?

I don’t know any Palestinians. The closest connection I have is an Egyptian friend who sympathizes with the Palestinians. But he thinks Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood are scary crazy fuckers.
    • Like Like x 1
  31. Boris Korczak Member

Of course Israel is not stealing any land. The whole Middle east belongs to Israel including a norther part of Egypt, perhaps Italy but for sure the good ole Mesopotamia like Iran, Iraq and the rest of the Mediterranean basin.
    Was I wrong when I thought Israel is The Jewish State?
    Palestine is theirs too of course.
    Go back to school.
    BK
    • Like Like x 1
  32. The Internet Member

I guess you are saying Israel itself is stolen land. That does not really explain the nature of the armed fighting between Hamas and Israel the past three weeks or so. It’s more a vague condemnation without any hope for peace in the future.

I prefer to focus upon the children living in that part of the world. I think if we reward the civic structures associated with more children going to college, we will eventually enjoy peace. Arguing over past wrongs, to me, seems a recipe for endless bombs upon bombs.

A lot of Israelis are not practicing Jews. About a million or so are actually Arabs. So some people may say, “Jewish state.” But that should not be taken to mean that being a Jew is a requirement.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. Boris Korczak Member

If you ever try to build a house in my backyard, park your car on my driveway and use my bathroom without my permission, kill my dogs and burn down my house you will find out what my anger can be.
    Being practicing religion individual has nothing to do with consequences on both sides.
    Children going to colleges in Palestine is like you becoming a head of Vatican .
    In my 75 years I have seen and experienced wars, uprisings, prisons and tortures...and i am not even a Palestinian.
    BK
    • Like Like x 1