Customize

ISO: Photo of 'From the Internet' sign at protest

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Anonymeep, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Anonymeep Member

ISO: Photo of 'From the Internet' sign at protest

I am writing my dissertation on new protest forms, and Anon vs Scientology also features. What I'd love to use for the cover is a photo of one of the 'Don't worry (/panic), We're From the Internet' signs that many protests use or used.

Sadly I'm having a hard time finding one that works. I'm sure I've seen one that would, but I think I was only saving Sci specific sign photos at the time.

If anyone knows a sign of an Anon standing or walking in or in front of a protest crowd, wearing a Guy Fawkes mask, with the sign clearly visible, please let me know. I've found a few of an anon standing alone with that sort of sign, but it's the crowd part that really illustrates the point.
  2. _You_ Member

Re: ISO: Photo of 'From the Internet' sign at protest

licensing requirements?
  3. Ann O'Nymous Member

[IMG]
  4. _You_ Member

47280175.jpg
  5. moreanonymous Member

LA (I think) had a beautiful one of a crowd behind a banner with something similar written on it.
  6. TehHerro Member

OhFuckTheInternetIsHere-thumb.jpg
    Internet+Anonymity+Demotivator.jpg
  7. _You_ Member

[IMG]
  8. _You_ Member

9. JohnnyRUClear Member

ITT: earnest illiterates
  10. _You_ Member

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii130/XenuLovesU/may10/DSC_0903.jpg

we're from the internet and we're here to help. on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
  11. anonymous612 Member

When do you need it by, what photo characteristics do you need, what licensing requirements will you accept on the photo, and can you wait until January 16th to get it?
  12. Puddin_Tame Member

there was a sign like that at the Nashville regional, someone else might have a better pic than mine

100_1967.jpg

9040.jpg
  13. Adanon Member

Yeah, Nashville Mayday FTW.

3499468861_c146abc4f2_o.jpg

Maybe I haz moar. I'll dig around and see.
  14. _You_ Member

Lulz
  15. Pigeon Member

Found this on the google. Facefag but might be ok?
    link

2586478748_67e5329160_o.jpg

EDIT: moar. from a video, don't have the original.
    link

anoninternet.jpg
  16. never Member

IMG_7216.png IMG_7283.png

I has larger, unedited images as well.
  17. Anonymeep Member

Crap, sorry for not responding sooner - I thought I had, but the browser crashed and I forgot.

This is harder than I thought it would be - I must have a more specific idea of the composition than I thought. The image that comes closest in composition is this one:

IMG_1147 on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

If there were a bunch of masked (preferably Guy Fawkes masks) Anons standing behind the sign holder, that would be a great pic, though better if sign holding Anon had the same mask.
  18. Anonymeep Member

Second half of January would be fine. Vertical format, ideally the protesters would either fill the frame of there would be a limited field of depth so that they are set apart from any clutter around them. I'm looking for an image that shows a cohesive group (hence the hope for GF masks), so it may need a little staging as I know protests don't normally look like that :) Other signs in the background might be okay, but the focus really needs to be on the sign and the masked people.

I like the composition if this one:
    http://www.gettyimages.nl/detail/905082-001/Stone

If the sign said 'It's OK, we're from the internet' (or similar) and all the people were GF masked that's be pretty great.

Creative commons would be good - it's going to be limited circulation, not published as such.

If you could arrange me such a photo I will send you a truckload of internets and (if I can manage it from the other side of the world) cake for your next raid.
  19. Re: ISO: Photo of 'From the Internet' sign at protest

anonymous-skepchick.jpg
  20. Re: ISO: Photo of 'From the Internet' sign at protest

You know what. You probably won't find the perfect photo that you envision. Instead of going for a shoop, search around in the old post game threads to see if you find photos that are close to what you want.

Here are the archives:
    Archive - Why We Protest | Activism Forum

Earlier protests (February, March, April, May) had a lot more protesters. Some cities don't allow masks like New York.

Hunt around. I'm sure you will find something you like.
  21. Re: ISO: Photo of 'From the Internet' sign at protest

[IMG]

2481090601_5707044a6e.jpg

2481882060_349be4b878.jpg

2481258605_4df26812dc_b.jpg

DSCI0009.jpg

2481302412_d6a63f2112_b.jpg

2484817782_39ac023eaf_o.jpg

2483823183_139db00abc.jpg
  22. Anonymeep Member

I know there are many good photos of raids, but the dissertation is not about Anonymous but about the wider phenomenon of self-organising activism that crosses from online to offline - Anon is used as a case example. So I'm looking for a photo that illustrates that, not just Anon's specific cause. It's be awesome of Anonymous612 could arrange such a photo - if not, I'll think of something else or make it a plain boring text cover.
  23. anonymous612 Member

We've got a "Don't worry, we're from the internet" sign, an assortment of suitfags, two camerafags, and a bunch of spare masks standing by. Expect something or other by Saturday night or Sunday, the only concern is whether we can manage enough people in suits to be able to avoid, ah, creatively framing the image.
  24. anonymous612 Member

I don't think we were able to get exactly what you were looking for, so we took several just in case. Here's my three, and I know at least ClearwaterAnon took a few.

4280557080_06f571ff68_o.jpg
    4280557234_f528d3d2e7_o.jpg
    4279813155_85ac13c8c1_o.jpg

And what I see CWA had:
    4280254512_6e0ed03cbd_b.jpg
    4280254856_ecb6b435f0_b.jpg

My flickr and his flickr.

Let me know if any of them work, we keep the hi-res originals on hand.
  25. urbanhawk Member

Also if you are worrying about composition you could use photoshop or something similar and simply "glue" pictures together in the way you want them.
  26. Anonymeep Member

Urgh, get sucked into parallel research and find myself back a month later... sorry for the late reply!

YOU ROCK! seriously, thank you so much. I can definitely work with that, maybe shoop some more people into the background and unfocus them. I'm going to look at them on a big monitor tonight and see what'll work best.

*happydance*
  27. Anonymous Member

28. Anonymous Member

fromtheinternet.jpg.gif
  29. Re: ISO: Photo of 'From the Internet' sign at protest

Loving the signs guys, especially the ones around the OSA. Kudos.
  30. Anonymous Member

I hope your dissertation addresses the idea of individualism as thesis, collectivism as antithesis, and internet/Anonymous as synthesis. You could get published in a philo journal with that concept. HTH.