Customize

Is it possible to have built-in translation?

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by moxie, Jun 14, 2014.

1. moxie Member

I attempt to follow threads in another languages sometimes. Aside from 15th century French, I am not familiar with other languages. I would like to read some of the Polish and French threads. My Acadian background and limited bilingualism doesn't help me with modern Euro-French.

Wouldn't it be nice to have international discussions? Anyone?
    Am I posting in the right area?
    Do I look fat in this post?
  2. anon8109 Member

google translate is probably the easiest way. It makes lots of errors, but usually is good enough to get an idea.

There's a browser add-on that makes it even easier to use.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ogsonofgroo Member

Hmmm, tuck your shirt in maybe, it'll hide the ugly parts. :p Hey, find a decent translation thingy, google~ what-ever. I haven't really had an issue with explaining myself to other language speaking folks once I get a copy of what they are trying to say, it is simple~~ translate, respond/write your reply, translate it, then send it back, it is pretty simple. Pro tip~ sometimes you will try and express an idea that is not easily translatable, the trick is to once you did your own translation, go back and put it back into your own native language, see if it fits, adjust as necessary until the thought is across :)
  4. moxie Member

What is the add-on? I seriously hate google. Find it useless for comprehension.
    Looking for something that would facilitate 2-way conversation.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kilia Member

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/quick-translator/

After it is installed, highlight the text you want to translate, right click and it will automatically detect the language to translate in a popup screen on lower right side, then you will then find it translated for ya without having to go to another website. :)
    • Like Like x 2
  6. anon8109 Member

Automatic computer translation is what it is.

If you don't like google, you could try a different free online translator. There are a few to choose from. Search for "online translation".
  7. Incredulicide Member

Upcoming built-in Translation bar for Firefox 32:
    attachment.cgi?id=8427797.png
    attachment.cgi?id=8400839.png
  8. moxie Member

Thx Kilia. You're the best!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. moxie Member

Oh yeah. Excellent. TY