Customize

IRANIAN CUISINE, the most delicious foods

Discussion in 'Videos' started by iraniam, Mar 4, 2013.

1. iraniam Member

• Like Like x 3
  2. I once worked with a Persian lady who would occasionally cook food for all of us to try. I wish more Persian food was available here in the US, it is in a class of it's own, similar to both Indian and middle eastern foods but yet quite it's own thing.

The best dish was a buttery rice with almonds, pistachios and these sweet and tart berries not unlike cranberries in it. I wish I could remember the name of the dish as I would love to make it someday.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Anonymous Member

Recipes? Plz?
  4. amaX Member

Cooks (not chefs) should rule the nations.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. iraniam Member

You can find many recipes of Persian Food in this page.

• Like Like x 3
  6. moarxenu Member

I think that the dish is Albaloo Polow. Albaloo are Persian tart cherries that are difficult to find and differ from tart cherries found in the USA and Europe.

This is my absolute favorite Iranian dish. There are many recipes on the internets like here and here.

Here is what it looks like:

Albaloo-Polo.jpg.png

Here is a video:

OMNOMNOM
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Thank you, I think that might be it. I remember her saying that the cherries were hard to find in the US, her husband had brought some back with him on a visit to LA.

I'm looking forward to trying this dish myself...:p
  8. iraniam Member

It's way too late but I remember the dish you had, it's called "Zereshk Polo" . It is Mowberry which you can only find in Persian grocery stores if they have it and is not cheap.
  9. Thank you. It's funny, but I was thinking of this a day or so ago.:)

Perhaps I can find it now on the internet. The name fills the puzzle in for me, thanks!!!