Customize

Internet Explorer 9 fucking sucks ass!!!

Discussion in 'How To' started by Smurf, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Anonymous Member

Use Linux you pussies
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

Mac is the bomb. Unix is built right in.
  3. Chipshotz Member

LMDE
  4. Tangerine Member

And switching to Linux (Mint, Ubuntu, whatever) is not very easy the first time.
  5. Smurf Member

I'll switch to Firefox in the AM. Thanks.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Kilia Member

Smurf..go with Firefox. I've used that browser since it was FF v2. !!
  7. Kilia Member

It may take some getting used to at first...but it shreds!!!!!!!
  8. Smurf Member

Shreds?? What??
  9. LocalSP Member

I think Kilia means it's fast. Damn kids and their lingo.
    • Like Like x 8
  10. Anonymous Member

don't ask, you'll enjoy it
  11. Kilia Member

yeah to dat. lol
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Anonymous Member

Here are the extensions (all free and none are toolbars) I use in Firefox that make browsing much less painful:
    • Adblock plus actually speeds up browsing by not downloading ads on every page. It has a couple companion extensions to block popups and fake popups
    • Ghostery to inform me of and allow me to block tracking by various companies over multiple sites.
    • Form History Control when filling out forms, right-clicking gives better control of things I've previously filled into them.
    • TabSubmit to ensure I don't lose what I entered into a form on a page, this lets me middle-click the submit button which opens the result in a new tab.
    • Re-pagination for combining multi-page articles into one, so I can then use Ctrl F to find text in much easier.
    • Resurrect Pages when I want to check a page I bookmarked long ago which has since been removed, this finds the old version.
    • InlineDisposition for sites that wrongfully use the "attachment" header with a file link which always prompts me asking what to do without remembering my choice, this solves that.
    You'll see all these installed when from the Firefox button (top left) you choose "Add-ons", a new tab will open and in that you can click on "Extensions" to see them listed. You may also want to check that list for extensions you didn't choose to install, but other software on your computer injected it anyway, and here you can click on each of them and click the "Disable" button. Similarly you can click on the "Plugins" in the same tab to see and disable unnecessary plugins that other software also injected into Firefox (usually everything except the Flash plugin is unnecessary)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Chipshotz Member

Agree, there is a learning curve and it is a change, but for some well worth it.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

15. Anonymous Member

The trick is to get people to switch their applications over to cross-platform alternatives, then when they switch to linux they'll already be experienced with the apps without needing to learn everything new from scratch.
  16. Saul Goodman Member

Not for me. I suggest trying them and if you don't like, delete. No Firefox add-ons slow things down, unless you have problems that are outside Firefox.
  17. Saul Goodman Member

I would never suggest a Windows user to just change their computer to Linux without any help or experience. Dude is having trouble with IE, let's move a little slower.
  18. Strixcoil Moderator

I did the change once,out of nowhere. Was actually pretty awesome in some ways, made me know Multiprotocol clients (I still love Pidgin,but is like an ex boyfriend: I love him but I hate him at the same time) , and the awesomeness that is to have plugins and addons and complements for an OS. That was actually pretty cool to have!

I couldn't run EVERYTHING,but it was a nice experience.
    I could maneuver with Xubuntu Hardy Heron until I finally lost it with terminal.
    After terminal...I just gave up. You need to know about that stuff to handle it,and sadly I just had a programmer boyfriend,not an entire Support service for me.

But again,you're right. We are talking just about web browsers,no DIRECTLY SWAP OS.
    So,back on track...which is everyone favorite web browser or IM client? Surprise me.
  19. Chipshotz Member

I don't think we're advocating an OS switch, just getting slightly off topic.
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Anonymous Member

Surprise
  21. Anonymous Member

22. slobeck Member

anything but IE. ANYTHING.
  23. As a daily Outlook user I can assure you it does neither.

Although I am still on Outlook 2003. Is the new one any less crashy?

Snow Leopard's built-in email prog is surprisingly good.
  24. slobeck Member

i use Firefox and Chrome. Depending on the OS. I have multiple 'puters.
  25. the anti Member

people still use IE? last good version was 5 (and was the last one on mac), and that was over 10 years ago.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Anonymous Member

OH GOD NO! IE ON THE MAC 10 YEARS AGO! NO! NONONO! THE HORROR, THE HORROR!

Sorry, had a flashback there.
  27. the anti Member

i know huh
  28. Anonymous Member

http://www.moock.org/webdesign/flash/macie/index.html

giant_bugs.jpg
  29. slobeck Member

I should note, that I like chrome from a web design stand point. I like using the "Canary" build of Chrome so it has all the latest and greatest new stuff in it. They update it automatically every week or so. That opinion and nearly $3 will get you some awful coffee drink at Starbucks.
  30. slobeck Member

31. Anonymous Member

Version 3, huh?

Newbie.

;)

/me thanks God Flash has been roundly fucked by a variety of market forces.
  32. Anonymous Member

The more add-ons one has, the more slowly Firefox loads; however, this won't affect speed during actual use.
  33. The Heretic Member

Macs are for flaming homosexuals.

Go for it, Smurf.
  34. Anonymous Member

Real Men use the command line. Or even better, punch cards.

User interfaces are for girly-men.
  35. the anti Member

real men fuck other men, unless you are smurf
  36. Anonymous Member

^^^ pussies :p
    That's more like it!
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Anonymous Member

The penniless speak.
  38. The Heretic Member

I know it's hard to accept that Mac is shit, but eventually, you'll get over it.

Hipster sissy.
    • Like Like x 1
  39. Anonymous Member

^ never touched a Mac
  40. Anonymous Member

Macs have improved, now it's just overpriced Unix.