Customize

INTERNATIONAL MEGARAID EVENT: Boston, MA - May 2010

Discussion in 'USA - East Coast' started by WMAnon, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Re: INTERNATIONAL MEGARAID EVENT: Boston, MA - May 2010

Well, assuming I get one of the jobs I just applied for, I can do a hundred no problem. Bring another hundred for food and other expenses, plus 75 for a plane ticket...I can do this.

Will we be raiding on Saturday, or Friday and Saturday? Meaning, when should I try to arrive?
  2. WMAnon Member

Re: INTERNATIONAL MEGARAID EVENT: Boston, MA - May 2010

I think the plan is raid saturday, other stuff sunday morning/afternoon, and maybe some early party friday night.

I dunno, we're still talking with people. Got at least one good act lined up though :D
  3. Anonymous Member

LOL ...who voted for Boston to be the next East Coast raid? The five people still left in that cell? I want a recount of votes.
  4. Anon323565898 Member

Five people eh? I think you need to do a recount yourself.

Boston is laying out the welcome mat for us and you're gonna be a prick about it?

:rolleyes:
  5. Allecto Member

If I can get a ride, I'm most definitely in.
  6. Spagett Member

We're talking about the last weekend of the month, right?
  7. Little_Sister Member

LOL Find us another cell that's actually willing to host another huge rally, then we'll talk.
  8. anon0004 Member

So when the Hamburg Megaraid is over and we´ve published the post game report, We´d turn over the Megaraid blog to you.
    The URL is spread everywhere, and you can continue the Megaraid history
  9. Re: INTERNATIONAL MEGARAID EVENT: Boston, MA - May 2010

[GIMP-FU ASIDE]

texthu.jpg

But WManon is correct about Illustrator. Scalability will make a big difference in the quality of the final product. You should accept an offer to convert to a scalable image.

[/GIMP-FU ASIDE]
  10. Re: INTERNATIONAL MEGARAID EVENT: Boston, MA - May 2010

Yeah I figured how to do curved text.

And I would appreciate a scalable version.
  11. IvoryErebus Member

I am in.

For my area, VA Anons, pm me. I am trying to set up a group and budget to make this thing cheaper for all of us by getting a group rate for flying.

OR~ If someone is brave enough, we can make the trip driving. It is a 4~5 hour trip, but I am more than willing to switch during the ride, and the gas will only cost $35 (based on a 15 mpg fuel economy). Way cheap compared to booking flights @ ~$70 a person.

If someone wants to house us in the Boston area, I will be more than happy to cook and clean for whoever is wanting to provide shelter and those in said shelter. We will buy groceries and the what not (inb4: female. Male Anon here, just trying to find methods to repay a stay).

If I can get 6 people in my area, I imagine we can do this for about $75 dollars a person.

ALSO, THOSE IN OTHER STATES WHO ARE THINKING OF MAKING THE TRIP SOLO: PM me as well. We can probably make this cheaper by all pitching in for the last leg of the trip. If I can't find enough large vehicles in my immediate area, I can re-budget for renting vehicles. And remember, the more the merrier.

For an extra shock factor, if we can get at least 3 vehicles of people, we can make posters of the Anon insignia to tape on the side of the car, so we can have a caravan of sorts.
  12. anonymous612 Member

brb cancelling flight home and sleeping in train station for next several months.

Discount Flights and Vacation Packages | Airfare & Hotel Packages from Allegiant

PICK THE LATTER YOU FUCKING BAIT
  13. Puppet Member

NYC meets Boston for Katie Holmes Raid:

NYCAnon(1) : Why is Boston filled with Chris Angel Impersonators?

Scilon Spy: Why are they hitting each other?
    Me: I dunno it's Boston. They're fucked up - somebody brought novelty boxing gloves. What else are they going to do ?
    Scilon Spy : Are they on drugs ?
    Me: Probably
  14. Anonymous Member

Awwwwww, Mommy and Daddy said you couldn't go to the Megaraid? There there shnookums, maybe next year.
  15. Horatio Member

Lazy ChiFags are lazy and a lot of them are still debating to come or not. Me, Kevin Freeman, Xero, Body, Meatwad, craisydaisy, Metgyre and 3rdMan will be coming. (If I forgot anyone or accidently included someone just tell me.) Also I will try to conquer the AnonTube.
  16. xerobebop Member

I will probably be bringing a couple anon with me, but I'm not sure.
  17. anonymous612 Member

Thursday evening to Monday morning: a goal, I has it.

[STRIKE]If[/STRIKE] FUCK THAT SHIT, WHEN I head up there for this, I'll see what I can negotiate about bringing along Clearwater's sound system, but no promises if it turns out this conflicts with a raid the cwfags staying behind would need it for (although if they do we do still have a much quieter but more travelsized boombox we normally only use for soloraids). Backpack-mounted flashing lights Barbie speaker set (FUCK YEAH) that plugs into an mp3 player. Blame AnonSparrow, it's 98% his fault. By no means a significant audio system (although surprisingly loud), but it could manage to pull its own weight as backup or when the main sound system is elsewhere.

Also, hesitant +1 for interest in hotel grouprate, although I suspect this will end up with very many very drunk anons throwing chairs out sixteen story windows or some such thing.

And in the unlikely event I'm driving all the way from Florida, I can probably manage to swing by and carpool anyone willing to split gas and possibly driving time between here and Boston. But the sheer distance means I'll probably just fly instead.
  18. anon0004 Member

you know when I went to see the building we´ve organised for the HamburgMegaraid for all Anons to stay in one place for two nights a few days ago ....

I thought about exactly the same.
  19. anonymous612 Member

I know you faggots too well to expect any of you to be a well-behaved drunk. This will end badly but very, very amusingly.
  20. 4DXenu Member

I would go. But I think my age might hinder my hopes.
  21. Skeptic1337 Member

You can bring your walker grandpa.
  22. DadInVaine Member

I can provide housing food and ride to Boston (central connecticut)
  23. 4DXenu Member

I shall. I will beat the Scilons with it
  24. amaX Member

We have TWO of those speakers, Six!
  25. anonymous612 Member

...orite. So we do.
  26. Sol Member

bump.
    Sticky?
  27. WMAnon Member

Maybe sticky when we're closer.

Actual relevant update: I have not received enough requests for a group hotel to make that possible. If you were hoping to get in on that and didn't email or pm with the number of rooms you were interested in, this would be a good time.
  28. Re: INTERNATIONAL MEGARAID EVENT: Boston, MA - May 2010

sounds amazing though i dont know if i can make it, might be possible, i do live in michigan though :(, and im hoping to have a second job by then
  29. IvoryErebus Member

Flying is expensive tho. As a cheap-fag, I can drive down to NC, meet you there, and take over driving.

I really wanna go to this raid, and I am trying to save as much money as possible because by that time I will be living in my own apartment by then, so I am gonna be strapped for cash.
  30. anonymous612 Member

There's an obscenely cheap airline that flies out of Clearwater, it's not nearly as expensive for me.
  31. anoncaek Member

wat's this, a raid opportunity....hmmm

also, florida seems like a nice winter break place...

i miss raids :C
  32. never Member

Oh hai. At least two KCAnons are confirmed for brawl, this number will likely jump to 4-6 (that would basically be our whole cell, d'aw) as soon as I make a couple of telephone calls >:D
  33. zzzzac1 Member

OP should set up a list of confirmed people.
  34. anonymous612 Member

Not fucking publically, they shouldn't.
  35. _You_ Member

I'll be there, but I won't be on any "confirmed" list. I'll just sees ya when I sees ya, Anonymous-style.
  36. Skeptic1337 Member

Only a culty would want such a list.
  37. _You_ Member

Oh hai. Nice first and only post, CoS.

Need to practice how to be subtle.
  38. xerobebop Member

Should the list include home addresses? phone numbers?
  39. zzzzac1 Member

I meant a total count, to see if it will be a fail raid. No names, obviously. Just numbers. (Sorry I was half asleep when I wrote that).

By the way any one providing soda? I could, maybe.
  40. WMAnon Member

we have a couple folks from Hamburg showing up. There is no possibility of fail.