Customize

I'm Doing Research For A Feature Article on Anonymous..

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by jjourno, Apr 5, 2011.

1. jjourno Member

xenubarb, it is not just what anonymous is that is inherently interesting, but what anonymous is doing. At least as far as my research is concerned. What anonymous does is making headlines, what anonymous is, is hard to define..

Ogsonofgroo - agreed. But for some measure of authenticity, there is only so far I can go in lurking and using the search function. I've been doing that for a few months now.

I have had some positive responses via PM and would like to put out that I am hoping to speak to more of you (those outside of the UK are welcomed). Feel free to drop me a line and ask whatever questions you like.

And to anyone else who's listening, are there any other places I should put out my message to speak with Anons? Generally speaking I have found the imageboards to be chaos, but it has been a bit more civil in here..
  2. Anonymous Member

What happened to your tight deadline?
  3. Anonymous Member

anonnews.org, try the IRC link in the upper left corner. chatter there says lots of journos dropping by.
  4. Anonymous Member

It's the 10th April. Show me the money.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. 1am0nlyan0n Member

dog_attack.jpg

What happens when press tries to ask a simple question to anonymous.
    ^_^
    • Like Like x 1
  6. grebe Member

You're half right --the doing part, that is.

People post anonymously on the Internet so they can speak frankly without worrying about retaliation. As a joke, some people personified "Anonymous," and created a cartoon character with a certain devil-may-care attitude to go along with the personification. But derp, cartoons are not real life.

It's my impression that those involved in the Scientology protests are a diverse bunch ranging in age from teens to retired. Some are students; some are blue collar; some are professionals. The ones who have maintained a sustained interest probably have some personal reason to worry about CoS' shenanigans.

I think everyone will want to speak anonymously on the Internet at some point in their lives. Clearly "everyone" is not "inherently interesting," else we would have LOLhumans, just like we have LOLcats.
  7. JohnnyRUClear Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. Anonymous Member

Anyone that tries to tell you what Anonymous is is full of shit. Anyone that tries to tell you what Anonymous is doing can only speak for themselves and I'll leave you to sort through the irony in that.
    Just thought I'd toss that out there.
  9. Optimisticate Member

10. Zak McKracken Member

fify

-Anonymous
    • Like Like x 2