Customize

I'm Doing Research For A Feature Article on Anonymous..

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by jjourno, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Smurf Member

It has everything to do with the OP. Maybe, not in your opinion. Obviously, you have not had alot of experience with the media & in giving interviews (including being misquoted and burned by some who deliberately skewered facts to make the article more dramatic) or you wouldn't be so willing to let your guard down to support an unverified source. Live and learn..
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous Member

It would be intelligent to carefully consider what type of Journalist or publication we may choose to interact with.
    Such that, in an effort to want to be understood in the best way possible, it would make sense to be a little bit cautious.

(personally though, i think we are going through some changes, and we are having our own "growing pains" which are kinda confusing)
  3. Anonymous Member

Not for a publication, but for an independent writer, maybe.
    It strikes me as the sort of address a writer might use, if one were collecting stories to throw at random tabloids
    to see what stuck. I was hesitant to bring that up earlier, because I wanted to give the OP the benefit of the doubt to explain themselves.
    And yeah, a little judgmental on my part.

ITT: so far down in the pisser, that I think we're past the point of concern about unfairly slandering the OP. :/
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

View attachment demotivational_posters_puberty_VERY_Demotivational
  5. Anonymous Member

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jason-banrey/17/56/551
  6. Anonymous Member

^ pic of him is kinda cute. that is all i know.
    otherwise, all i have to contribute to this vastly earth shattering thread are these words of wisdumb, "Durr Hurrrr and may the farce be with you".
  7. Anonymous Member

m.jpg
  8. Personally I think the OP is doingitwrong... Why not just post their questions in a thread, and weed out all the faggots who are fooling around with him.... Seems to me if he was serious he would do that instead of trying to meet Anons locally and in person... Just my 2 cents...

Edit: Hint to the OP, seems like alot of folks like this idea.. Hint hint nudge nudge.
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Anonymous Member

It's just because we at Anonymous are just so irresistibly sexy.
    What can we say?
    LOL. just foolin' around with you.
  10. OP said nothing about paying anyone. You're the one that brought it up.

I'm not saying don't be cautious. I'm saying don't be an asshole about it. srsly.

We get shitty article about Anonymous all the time. It still brings people here.
  11. Xenu Is Lord Member

Sorry but if this is a legitimate writer of any type, a one time used hotmail account is at best fishy. There is just no need not to have a legitimate email.
  12. Kilia Member

jjourno.....you have walked into a hornets nest here. ;-)
  13. Anonymous Member

I'm going with Rufus on this. I don't think it's necessary to discount any offer out-of-hand. It was a bit vague, so if you are slightly interested, do it on your terms. Proxy up and only communicate so the person does not know much, including your voice. They show up at a raid to watch. Anons may or may not wish to speak to the writer.

Since you're in control, get a good article written. If they do not seem right, or are unwilling to comply with your basic needs/requirements, let them know what the deal-breakers are in advance so everyone doesn't end up wasting their time.

If I was in the UK, I'd at least look into it.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Anonymous Member

I don't know if slandering a journalist is a good thing. I mean, we kind of want them on OUR side don't we?
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Herro Member

• Like Like x 2
  16. Herro Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mark Cabian Member

• Like Like x 2
  18. Herro Member

• Like Like x 1
  19. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. Anonymous Member

Herro- "Where to Start?...
    Do I point out how this sort of Faggotry keeps new people from becoming Newfags?
    Or should I point out that Anonymous get's bad press for spurning reporters like this?
    Of Course... I could always laugh at the reporter trying to get Anonymous to make the first move and what did you expect..."
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Dragononymous Member

Bake us some cake
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Anonymous Member

I haz it all figured out.

coffee%2Bface.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Anonymous Member

Oh damn, and I thought we got bad press because of what we do to teh powah
  24. Anonymous Member

Prolly more like because we almost never get involved.
  25. Anonymous Member

Lazy journo is lazy.

If he comes back here - he's serious about his job.

If he just expects people to deliver dox to his hotmail addy without any kind of effort on his part to engage here with people, he's just another lazy asshole journo not worth bothering with.
    • Like Like x 3
  26. Enturbulette Member

Greetings journo!

We'd like to request that you, in a show of good faith:

1. Post a writing sample of five or so paragraphs of an investigative report or article you have written
    2. Provide the name of the publication this would be for and it's circulation
    3. Provide your working title and angle for this story

We would also like to request that in exchange for an interview should someone make themselves available to you, that you make a donation in the amount of your choice to Wikileaks. As you probably well know, there is a legal battle going on and time is money.
  27. anonymous612 Member

What is this "we" you speak of? Did I miss an Official Leadarrs Of Anonymous Meeting?
  28. Enturbulette Member

you are welcome to rewrite the sensible request or denounce it for all I care.
  29. Anonymous Member

anonymous612, you didn't get the memo that we are now Julian's personal army?
  30. anonymous612 Member

You have yet to learn the valuable lesson of NOT SPEAKING FOR ALL OF ANONYMOUS WITH WIDE, GENERALIZED PROCLAMATIONS. Not everyone agrees with your opinion on Wikileaks. And even if they do, why the fuck are we making journalists pay money to interview us? GTFO&DIAF with that bullshit.

Probably got sent to whatever wrong address my Pfizer checks always seem to wind up.
  31. Enturbulette Member

No need to defend the indefensible sensible suggestion. Now where's my cross so I can crawl up on it and get a good nailin while you boys get back to getting so much not done so properly.
  32. is that an antisemitic joke?
  33. anonymous612 Member

Oh bawww moar, k?
  34. Anonymous Member

giggles ITT: journo playing hard to get throws down his bizness card and flits away because everyone knows that most people will do anything for a little press; meanwhile in a parallel universe, tell him to go diaf and attack each other. anonymous how i <33333333s u!
  35. Anonymous Member

i like being anonymous.
    they can stay away from my treehouse, thankyouverymuch.
  36. Smurf Member

Jeez.. so much for your moderating skills. If you had bothered to check out the previous thread where "shoppingfeatures" was addressed, it stated that those interviewed would be compensated.
  37. Anonymous Member

There are journalists at Freedom Magazine. Does this rule apply to them as well?
  38. Smurf Member

If it's a positive article.. wonderful. If it comes back to haunt you.. live & learn.
  39. Sponge Member

Maybe OP email is an error and it was supposed to be "shoopingfeatures"

FreakE, RWT, get in here.
  40. JohnnyRUClear Member

Um..... we did it for the lulz? Heheh?