Customize

I'm Doing Research For A Feature Article on Anonymous..

Discussion in 'Support Questions' started by jjourno, Apr 5, 2011.

1. jjourno Member

Greetings. I am a journalist writing a feature article on Anonymous. It is for a progressive magazine in the UK, aimed at younger adults.
    I make the following promises
    1. Your identity will not be exposed, I'm legally bound to keep your identity secret, should you choose.
    2. I will be fair and honest
    3. Anonymous' work will be exposed to a audience outside of traditional media channels

I'm going to spend some time with you in person and (without giving too much away) provide an insight into what it is like to take part in an ongoing campaign and/or a raid.

If you are UK based and interested, I invite you to drop me a line, either here or via email to
    shoppingfeatures@hotmail.co.uk

I'm on a tight deadline though, so if you are interested, drop me a line by the 8th April.

Thank you
  2. Anonymous Member

Oh Good God... not this thread again....

inb4 do your own research
    inb4 DIAF
    inb4 fuckin newfags
  3. Anonymous Member

Are you freelance?
    Can you tell us a little more about the media organizations you represent, or whore out to?
  4. JohnnyRUClear Member

"exposed to a audience"? cool

DIAF, NYPA, lurk moar, cocks, etc., and hi!
  5. Anonymous Member

6. Anonymous Member

This has great potential to end well.
    • Like Like x 3
  7. fatrix_ Member

"... I will be fair and honest...". thanks
  8. moarxenu Member

doinitwrong
  9. Why are you all so goddamn sensitive?
    Seriously why not take this person at face value?

WTF is wrong with you?
    • Like Like x 8
  10. Anonymous Member

Nuts or Zoo?
  11. Anonymous Member

Journalist for a progressive magazine...that uses hotmail for its email addresses?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

Wouldn't you?

Be a fool to use his real email, wouldn't he?
  13. Anonymous Member

After all, we do own the interwebs.
  14. Anonymous Member

For an interview? When he's supposedly an experienced journalist? When there would obviously be a questioning of his legitimacy?
  15. Anonymous Member

I feel sorry for the progressive teenage jjourno guy, but I can understand the reticence here for people to spill the beans on something nobody really knows much about anyway.

To speak on behalf of anonymous is to leaderfag.

This works better with nobody knowing how it all works.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. anonymous612 Member

Keep in mind he wants anons to meet him IN PERSON for this but offers NO credentials or evidence he is who he claims.
    • Like Like x 2
  17. ^ These are all examples of good ways to respond to media requests. Legitimate questions and concerns, not being an outright dick for the sake of being a dick.

Seriously. Media coverage is our lifeblood, why do you jerks always jump all over anyone volunteering to give us some?
    Use your goddamn brains.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Anonymous Member

What's the worst that can happen?

Nobody is going to make contact with this guy/gal unless they are either very careful, or just plain stupid.

If he or she really is an CIA/OSA/MI6/OT8 operative with a penchant for Grim Reaping, then he'll only catch the stupid ones.

I have a feeling he/she just wants to talk about the influences, perils and potentials of internet activism, and the txtspk l33t subculture that has grown from the electronic cloak of anonymity.

Kids know how to internets better than anyone. They probably know already, they just like reading about it in "progressive" magazines.

If jjourno wanted to ask questions here and have publically debated answers on a thread instead of shadowy leaderfagging leading to facepalms and raeg I think it would make for an interesting thread.

If jjourno has the balls to return here and just ask away, with an open mind and knowing that he/she'd never get away with inventing stuff, and knowing that he/she'll have to put up with bitter cynicism from people who really do distrust the magazine media who always seem to get it so wrong, then he/she'll persevere and get what he wants here I'm sure.

tl;dr - do your research then jjourno
    • Like Like x 1
  19. so ask for it instead of being a douche.

What the fuck do you care anyway? You're not in the UK.
  20. Anonymous Member

Nobody sane should send anything to this guy's hotmail address unless well and truly socked with titanium condoms on.

If he can't come back and ask his questions here, then I personally see no reason to help him at all. But he was polite about it.
  21. Optimisticate Member

Anon goes to media.
    Media comes to anon.
    It happens.

Questions about TYPE of article would be good. Is it: financial? hacker? scientology? middle east rebellions? someone leaderfagging again? does my ass look big in this?

Depending on the answer, journalist would then be instructed to do the following:

If scientology, go to a raid and talk to them after providing credentials.
    If the others, you're probably better off somewhere on IRC.
    If either one, grow some Baca balls and talk to anon like a journalist.
    • Like Like x 3
  22. Anonymous Member

Neither am I. Shouldn't matter. We are all Anonymous, to a lesser or higher degree.

I'm interested in the Berlin Anon scene, I'm not German either but I love those faggots and their Zooropa enturbz.

For The Lulz.
  23. it's like its 2008 all over again.
  24. I understand that but 612 was acting like she was personally insulted.
  25. 1am0nlyan0n Member

MeThinks they spends too much time on /b/ ....... >.>

TO THE JOURNALIST -- (shall try to use simpler terms to be better understood...)
    There are better and more concrete ways of approaching this. LURK MOAR==Spend time going through the forums, learning a bit before posting. Don't rush in and ask as anonymous is knows for pwning anyone new to.....welll...anything.. Hence "newfag" (don't take it to heart, trolls feed off others feeling butthurt) If there is a slang term you are not farmilair with, google it. Also, probably the most productive way to best understand what anonymous represents is to post a forum simply asking and filter through the replys. Anonymous is legion, no one anon can voice it's oppinion or represent it in part or in full. To best understand what anonymous truely is, ask the group, not the individual. To ask for one-on-one interviews is like asking to meet up with a single American to tell you what living in America is like. To get best results=a full veiw of the spectrum, then ask the group addressed as a whole, not an individual. Hope I helped out a bit.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. 1am0nlyan0n Member

lmao can't triforce on this site??? :confused:'
    mfw
  27. Anonymous Member

Why not post questions and see what answers you get.

Also is there a journalism section where all these threads can go?
  28. an0nim0uz Member

lul
    ▲ ▲
    I know right. It's a shame.
  29. Anonymous Member

Pools closed.
  30. Dragononymous Member

Dont start about that thing again... please
  31. anonymous612 Member

Not really. Just pointing out a fact.

And I'm not in the UK, but that doesn't mean I can't be concerned for the anonymity of other anons.
    • Like Like x 2
  32. Smurf Member

Because there is a prior thread on this where this was discussed? That legitimate media sources do not compensate people for interviews? That when tabloids pay people for interviews, they waive all rights to the content of the actual article published, i.e., the published article provides quotes never made in the interview...

Also note that the OP fails to mention (as in the prior thread) the name of his/her "progressive magazine" or a link to the website (if one exists) of the magazine? To provide us links to articles already published by this alleged magazine so we can see for ourselves that this is a legitimate enterprise..

Legitimate media have websites...
    • Like Like x 2
  33. Zak McKracken Member

34. 1am0nlyan0n Member

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  35. There is concern, then there is paranoia.
  36. Anonymous Member

anderson_cooper.jpg
    i love this guy.
  37. none of this has to do with OP

This is a legitimate concern and it's perfectly fine to address that. We would be in remiss if we didn't, but the right way to address it is not "DIAF newfag"
  38. Zak McKracken Member

39. veravendetter Member

40. Xenu Is Lord Member

• Like Like x 1