Customize

"I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by awakened by disbelief, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

Am I the only one that is thinking...

"There is something not quite right here."?

Total gut feeling based off of nothing more than the gut.
  2. themadhair Member

Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

Been reading through this for the first time and thinking the exact same thing. If GBerry wouldn't touch it then....well.......something....not....right?
  3. Optimisticate Member

Not sure if GB is not touching it, but I do know others have had a hard time getting in touch with him the last few days because of travel.

However, more info can be found on this subject in USENET/Google Groups, particularly ARS, going back to 2006. (Just search for "Indiana State Adult Protective Services")
  4. MarcabEmpress Member

Smelled and looked weird to me from the beginning, and just waited to watch it pan out since just because someone is a little nuts doesn't mean their experience isn't true. However, just because a person thinks Scientology is a dangerous cult doesn't mean they are sane, either.

I think this thread deserves to be locked and the OP not encouraged in their delusions. I believe they have had some traumatic issues with government officials, based on (possibly misguided) desire to help a (possibly not well) friend but I dont see the evil hand of Scientology lurking behind every bush.

OP's friend used cocaine, per OP. That can produce delusions. OP's frantic need to help friend has some definite frenzy to it.

The Masons, CIA, Illumanti, Elks, Catholic Church, the Power Rangers etc can become the fall guys for vast conspiracies by those searching of An Explanation. Scientology is built for that too. We need to ask question ask for scans of dox etc before rushing off to tilt at windmills just because the word Scientology in in the text.

I feel badly for OP's pain and efforts. But maybe we should let OP find a personal peace and not encourage this.

And if Graham wont touch it...
  5. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

According to Article 7 Section 7 of the Indiana State Constitution, "The State shall, from time to time, be divided into judicial circuits; and a Judge for each circuit shall be elected by the voters thereof. He shall reside within the circuit and shall have been duly admitted to practice law by the Supreme Court of Indiana; he shall hold his office for the term of six years, if he so long behaves well. The circuit is the County of White and the Judge is Robert W. Thacker. I reported this matter to the Indiana State Judicial Nominating Committee, and they determined that no breach of ethics or misconduct had occurred. The Indiana ACLU refused to help citing workload and staffing. I reported it to the US Senate Commission on the Judiciary and Senator Leahy.

I've received the Indiana Defendents' response--a motion to dismiss based on every affirmative defense available to them accompanied by a memorandum of points and authorities as thick as a phone book. I have been ordered by the judge to file a responsive memorandum in support of my response to their motion to dismiss. Wish me luck! Everyone seems to keep ignoring the fact that this matter involves an endangered adult who is still very much in harms way and whose chances of recovering from a serious mental illness continue to diminish with each passing day as well as his chances of sustaining irreparable psychological injury increase. I thought courts traditionally erred on the side of caution in cases such as this.
  6. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

The judge stated on record that he's a scientologist...I have the transcript of the hearing to prove it. How can this not involve scientology?
  7. themadhair Member

I'll bite. Scans, here, nao?
  8. Plups Member

This. You must feel so frustrated and weary. Please give this a go. Please.
  9. tazor Member

Boris may be able to get you in touch with an FBI agent that would actually help you.

Also follow what our lawyer:flowers: said to do!
  10. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

By the way - I'm not the Boris you want. Someone messaged me about this and I was a bit WTF?!
  11. an_anonymous Member

if you aren't already you might want to put "URGENT:" in ur email/pm title so that it gets read sooner (the only reason i can think of that Gram and Boris haven't responded is because they either havent checked their email/pm or it got pushed to the "bottom" of the stack by other emails/pm)
  12. Vir Member

It indeed sounds strange. I'd like to see a direct quotation of the email on this point.

Perhaps people think you're a kook due to your mental illness, or perhaps you are one, but in any case I think this case deserves more looking into than that enormous RICO lawsuit-fail down in Florida.

I'd certainly like to see what the other side has to say for itself.

Are the transcripts for the first court case available?
  13. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

try this link
    Cult Hotline and Clinic

its useful in terms of clearly defining what a cult is. it also offers help.
  14. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

I am lost somewhrere in this thread. I posted a comment in here, but i cant find it.

what i really wanted to send to the person writing for help is a good link for you which could help you. (i have found it to be helpful myself)
    Cult Hotline and Clinic

I wish you well.
  15. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

I would like to see a separate thread or maybe a listing at the top of this page for links to support services for those who have left the abuses of the cult .

For those of us (and there are many) who could use support . factnet.org is one, Index, is another good one, as well as Cult Hotline and Clinic. maybe we could build a support network in here as well? just an idea.

Anonymous, you are my hero!
  16. Optimisticate Member

Lurk moar. There are a TON of resource listings and mentions here, as well as ex-sci boards, but this really isn't a recovery assistance site. This thread is not the location to start listing them all. Also, you can get in touch with the OP by clicking their name and send a PM to them.