Customize

"I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

Discussion in 'News and Current Events' started by awakened by disbelief, Jul 28, 2008.

1. "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

In my attempt to prevent the further abuse, exploitation, and possible suicide of a mentally ill friend whose psychological vulnerability is being taken advantage of by a practicing scientologist, I have been denied every legal right that I am entitled to as a U.S. citizen. I made a report of adult endangerment as is required by Indiana State code, but instead of investigating my report, Indiana State Adult Protective Services officials conspired to deny me the right to immunity from all civil and criminal liability arising from my having made the report and used their positions as well as the office of county prosecutor in an intentional and malicious attempt to get me fired from my job. The circuit court not only condoned their significant departure from accepted law and practice but enlarged it by denying me my rights as a U.S. citizen under the 6th and 14th Amendments of the U.S. Constitution. The judge stated on record that he’s a scientologist (which is contrary to judicial rules of conduct)and Jewish, and then asked "so what?". The appellate court then affirmed the circuit court’s prejudicial error and enlarged it by committing a Title II violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act against me. I have been unable to find an attorney to take my case—the local BAR association advised me that no private attorney will touch it because they don’t stand to make any money off of it. The ACLU has refused my case stating that it only accepts cases in which an individuals constitutional rights have been violated, that don't involve complex factual issues, and that affect a great number of people (which ironically describes my case exactly) as has Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, Lambda Legal, the Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law, and Mind Freedom. I have filed a complaint in Arizona District Court, which can be read at http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/wdxm6HiNOvevLW+ZJl9uRQ==75561. “Bizarre” is the only word that I can think of to describe this entire situation.:woot:
  2. CantPickaName Member

Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

WTF?????????????
  3. Anon-ymous Member

QFT
  4. T.W.C_Anon Member

Consider litigation for damages? If what you say is true and you can prove it then I would think you would be entitled to damages for said abuses.:colbert:
  5. tazor Member

AwakenedByDisbelief,

You may want to post this on the lawyer's thread on this board. He may be able to direct you to someone that can help you with this.

Unreal that the judge admitted being a $cilon! This whole thing stinks.
  6. Cubane Member

Your story should probably go in Personal Experience, but bringing it to the lawyer's attention is a good idea.

Would you mind putting this in context? You seem a little harried, but I have a feeling that others would be interested in a more fleshed-out and coherent version of this. Graham Berry's various cases show similar Scn legal tactics.
  7. anon555 Member

im sorry i haven't had enough coffee yet, let me see if i understand this

-you filed a report that your mentally ill friend may be in danger?

-the Adult Protective Services then came after you for filing this report???
    how and why would they do this, usually the worst thing that happens is they ignore you

-since you mention circuit court, did you sue them, or did they take you to court? and sorry, what are the 6th & 14th amendments (forgot) and who exactly did you sue, APS?

-an appellate court confirmed circuit court, so the case was lost on appeal?

-and where does the American with Disability act come in?

-also, how does arizona fit into this.
  8. highoverlord Member

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<Error>
    <Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
    <Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
    <Key>w...uRQ==75561...this</Key>
    <RequestId>75CB56B900206B16</RequestId>

<HostId>
    o/4Qno0QrPVI4vH65RAPVa7VzRxoZxV7oU3t2maZIpSDkwfj9v9iwFt1WaKxh52y
    </HostId>
    </Error>

this is wut i got
  9. shadowchaser Member

that's because he copied the shortened link from his original post, rather than the full link

here's the proper one
  10. highoverlord Member

Gerald W. Staton
    Appearing Pro Per
    IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
    FOR THE DISTRICT OF ARIZONA
    GERALD W. STATON, ) Case No: CV-08-1117-PHX-MHM
    )
    Plaintiff ) Judge: Honorable Mary H. Murguia
    )
    vs. ) COMPLAINT FOR DECLARATORY
    ) JUDGMENT, MANDAMUS,
    INDIANA ADULT PROTECTIVE ) INJUNCTIVE RELIEF, AND
    SERVICES; THE U.S. DEPARTMENT ) DAMAGES
    OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES )
    THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE; )
    THE U.S. POSTAL INSPECTION )
    SERVICE; THE INDIANA STATE )
    COURT OF APPEALS; and THE WHITE )
    COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT )
    )
    Defendants. ) Jury Trial Demanded
    ____________________________________)
    I, Plaintiff Gerald W. Staton, for my cause of action against Defendants the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, the U.S. Department of Justice, and the State of Indiana, would show as follows:
    JURISDICTION AND VENUE
    This Court has original jurisdiction over this matter under 28 U.S.C. §§ 1331, 1343 (a), and 1361, and I seek declaratory and all other relief available to me under 28 U.S.C. §§ 2201 and 2202 and 42 U.S.C. §§ 1983 and 1988, and any compensatory and punitive damages available to me under 42 U.S.C. §§ 1985 and 1986. Furthermore, this matter arises under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act,
    Page 1 of 18
    18 U.S.C. §§ 4, 241, 242, 245, and 1702, and the Sixth and Fourteenth Amendments of the United States Constitution.
    Venue is proper in this district under 28 U.S.C. § 1391 and 42 U.S.C. §§ 1983 and 1988, and because Plaintiff is suing the U.S. government, its officers and/or agencies and because of diversity of citizenship of the parties.
    PARTIES
    Plaintiff is a resident of Maricopa County, Arizona.
    Defendant UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES is a body politic located in the U.S. capitol of Washington, D.C.
    Defendant UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE is a body politic located in the U.S. capitol of Washington, D.C.
    Defendant UNITED STATES POSTAL INSPECTION SERVICE is a body politic organized and located in the U.S. capitol of Washington, D.C.
    Defendants INDIANA ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES; THE INDIANA STATE COURT OF APPEALS; and THE WHITE COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT are bodies politic organized and located in the state of Indiana, and collectively referred to herein as THE STATE OF INDIANA.
    FACTUAL ALLEGATIONS
    My attempt to prevent the further abuse, exploitation and possible suicide of my friend, Michael Lewitz, 44, who, on August 30th, 2003, “ran” from Phoenix, AZ. to Reynolds, IN. where he then attempted suicide in an effort to escape his “unbearable emotional pain” during an episode of dysphoria that had been precipitated by his having been subjected to the practices of Scientology (Exhibit B), has uncovered a
    Page 2 of 18
    complete and total breakdown of the legal and mental healthcare systems in this country.
    As a concerned friend I was told that I had no legal standing to petition a court to order Michael to undergo a mental evaluation, so I tried to stay in touch with him and to let him know that I was still his friend and to just generally be a positive influence.
    During telephone conversations that I had with Michael before all communication with him was shut off, he indicated that the amount of sleep that he gets has been abridged to sometimes as little as 3 hours per night by activity and the administration of cocaine, and that he has no privacy because his housemate and practicing Scientologist, Donald C. Lay, Jr., Ph.D., routinely searches through his personal belongings and intercepts his mail.
    Abridgement of privacy and contact/communication with former friends/family are methods utilized in a program of coercive persuasion. Exposure to a program of coercive persuasion without the victim’s knowledge or consent puts them at great risk of developing irreparable physical and psychiatric disorders up to and including schizophrenia, self mutilation, and suicide and greatly alters their self-concept, perception of reality, and social relationships, and creates the psychological forces necessary for undue influence to be exerted over their independent decision-making ability (United States v. Lee 455 U.S. 252, 257-258, 1982).
    The United States Supreme Court has interpreted the federal crime of kidnapping to include the imposition of “an unlawful physical or mental restraint" to confine the victim against his will. Before all communication with Michael was shut off he told
    Page 3 of 18
    me that he had thought of leaving Reynolds, IN. numerous times but felt that he couldn’t.
    In June of 2005, believing that Michael Lewitz and I were friends and having no reason to believe that I would not be welcomed, I took the opportunity that a business trip afforded me to visit him in Reynolds, IN. Michael initially acted as if he was glad to see me, but then suddenly his eyes turned completely black 1and he began screaming "get off my land...get off my land." That was the only thing that he said to me as he physically attacked me and assaulted me with a hunting rifle. As Michael continued to pace and mutter to himself, I told his housemate, Dr. Lay, that Michael's behavior was not normal and asked that he get Michael professional help, to which he responded, "just go away."
    Shortly thereafter, I received a telephone call from his housemate, Donald C. Lay, Jr., Ph.D., during which he stated that the conversation was being recorded. He then went on to say that he routinely intercepts the mail everyday in order to filter out all of the mail addressed to Michael. To illustrate his point, I received a package of 23 unopened letters that I had mailed to Michael between August 2003 and September 2005 with a letter from Dr. Lay, the wording of which clearly indicates that he obstructs Michael’s correspondence of his own volition with no regard as to whether Michael either knows or approves of his doing so. I reported this violation of U.S.C. 18 § 1702, Obstruction of Correspondence to the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and
    1 Note: A strong emotional stimulus (e.g., an unexpected pistol firing) will cause the pupils to dilate. The dilation will persist even if a bright light is presented to the eye, indicating that the emotional response can override the usual pupillary constriction to intense light stimuli. Animal studies have shown that pupillary dilation occurs with stimulation of the hypothalamus, thalamus, and reticular formation. These are brain areas that have been implicated in emotional behavior and behavioral arousal (John L. Andreassi, Psychophysiology: Human Behavior and Physiological Response, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2000).
    Page 4 of 18
    received a letter in response that had changed my complaint to one involving U.S.C. 18 § 1708, Mail Theft/Tampering and referenced letters addressed to me instead of to Michael Lewitz. I wrote a letter to inform the Inspector of the mistake that had been made, but I received no response. Senator McCain’s office made an inquiry on my behalf, and I received a letter from the Inspector in Charge of the Inspection Service’s Detroit office, Gregory Campbell, in which he stated that since Donald C. Lay, Jr., Ph.D. is authorized to remove mail from the authorized depository for mail matter at that address “there is no federal violation in this case” (Exhibit A). Needless to say, no investigation was conducted. No attempt was made to secure the recording of the telephone conversation nor was any interest shown in the unopened letters addressed to Michael that Donald had returned to me.
    I had personally witnessed Michael exhibit every single manifestation of borderline behavior. Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is classified as a serious mental illness, and it can be easily deduced how much more damaged someone with BPD can become by exposure to cult indoctrination by a group with a predisposition towards that sort of thinking disability (Testimony of John G. Clark, Jr., M.D., Vol. 123 No. 181 Proceedings and Debates of the 95th Congress (First Session)).
    I consulted with three (3) mental healthcare professionals (Dr. Gary Lovejoy, Ph.D.; Elyce M. Benham, MS, NCC, CCFC, and LPC; and Dr. Dina Bachelor Evan) to get their opinions on the behaviors of Michael Lewitz that I was witnessing in order to confirm my suspicion of borderline personality disorder (BPD). The behaviors that I described were attributed to a hypothetical case and Michael was never personally identified during any of these consultations.
    Page 5 of 18
    Elyce M. Benham, MS, NCC, CCFC, and LPC stated: “I’m seeing some descriptions of symptoms that would be consistent with BPD. I’m also seeing some very disturbing things (i.e. the possible fugue states). He appears to have a very high degree of ‘pathology,’ and his identity disturbance per your description is quite pronounced. His compartmentalizing, as you noted, is probably one of the only coping mechanisms that he has to deal with the hideous abuse and neglect he suffered throughout his childhood and adolescence. I believe that you are sincerely trying to get help for your friend, and that’s not an easy thing to do for someone with BPD.”
    The fact that Michael’s psychological vulnerability due to a serious mental illness is being taken advantage of, the fact that he is being denied proper mental health care, and the fact that exposure to an ongoing program of coercive persuasion without his knowledge or consent places him at great risk of sustaining additional psychological injury qualifies him as an endangered adult under Indiana Code § 12-10-3-2.
    In October 2005, having reason to believe, as defined by Indiana Code § 12-10-3-6, that he is an endangered adult; I filed a report of adult endangerment as is required of anyone having reason to believe that a person is an endangered adult by Indiana Code § 12-10-3-9.
    In a bizarre turn of events, APS case manager Angela Shay determined that my report was unwarranted based on her own prejudicial opinion without conducting an investigation as is required by Indiana Code § 12-10-3-6. APS and Angela Shay, Dawn Gross (Angela’s supervisor), and County Prosecutor Jerry Bean as officials thereof then responded to my attempts to appeal APS’ decision by conspiring to deny me the right to immunity under Indiana Code § 12-10-3-11 in violation of U.S.C. 18 §
    Page 6 of 18
    241 (they met with Michael for the very first time 6 months after I had filed my report—not to investigate my report, but to influence him to file a petition for an order of protection against me by making him believe that my attempt to help him was “stalking” as a subterfuge to hide their dereliction of duty and to make me just go away). They also used their positions as well as the office of county prosecutor in an attempt to get me fired from my job in violation of U.S.C. 18 § 242 and 245. I reported this to the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division Criminal Section and the U.S. District Attorney for the northern Indiana district and have been completely ignored.
    An ex parte protection order was issued on May 3rd, 2006. At the initial Order of Protection Hearing, Michael testified that he had only discovered that I work for an airline after he had moved to Indiana when, during the little over 2 years that he knew me in AZ, I had given him 2 employee passes for travel, he had called my office and I had answered with a greeting that included the name of the airline, and he had sent email to me using my company email address which also includes the name of the airline. This lends further evidence that Michael Lewitz has borderline personality disorder and is being abused and exploited by Donald C. Lay, Jr., Ph.D. A person with BPD is unreasonable in refusing to break free of their delusion which they have come to accept as their new reality. In order for their present circumstance to make sense, they often must dissociate from their past and recapitulate a new personal history that is more in line with their deluded present.
    I requested and was granted a hearing that was held on July 17th, 2006, during which I argued that the trial court’s order was void because it denied me immunity from all
    Page 7 of 18
    civil and criminal liability arising from my having made a report of adult endangerment in good faith per I.C. § 12-10-3-11, that it denied me equal protection under that law per the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, that the matter had arisen from the misconduct of APS officials Angela Shay, Dawn Gross, and Jerry Bean who had influenced Michael—who is not a reasonable person due to the presence and influence of BPD as well as his being subjected to an ongoing program of coercive persuasion—to file the petition as a subterfuge to hide their dereliction of duty, and filed motions to quash the order and to order an independent mental examination of Michael Lewitz.
    The presiding judge, Judge Robert W. Thacker, stated on record that he’s a Scientologist, denied my motions—thereby denying my right under the 6th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution to present relative and exculpatory evidence in support of my defense—and ordered that the protective order would remain in full force and effect for 2 years.
    I filed an appeal with the Indiana State Court of Appeals on the grounds that the trial court had committed prejudicial error by denying my motion to order an IME of Michael Lewitz and thereby denying my right to present relative and exculpatory evidence under the 6th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and by denying me equal protection under Indiana Code under the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
    The appellate court affirmed the trial court’s order stating in its decision that pro se litigants are held to the same standard as licensed lawyers and I had omitted a “statement of case” and a “summary of argument” from my brief.
    Page 8 of 18
    I have attention deficit disorder, a disability protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act and a fact that I had made the court aware of and which had been testified to by Michael during the ex parte hearing for the order of protection.
    The appellate court committed a Title II violation of the ADA by holding me to the same standard as a licensed lawyer instead of making reasonable accommodation for my disability, a precedent that should be re-evaluated in light of Turgeon v. Brock, Civ. No. 94269-SD, 1994 WL 529919 (D.N.H. September 29, 1994), which determined that State courts are not immune from compliance with the ADA—they must accommodate the disabilities of litigants.
    I reported this to the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division Disabilities Section which informed me that it could not offer me legal or financial assistance. I did not request legal or financial assistance! What I expected was an investigation of my complaint!
    I have been unable to find an attorney to take my case—Pre-paid Legal, of which I am a member, advised me that no private attorney will touch it because they don’t stand to make any money off of it. The ACLU has refused my case stating that it only accepts cases in which an individuals constitutional rights have been violated, that don't involve complex factual issues, and that affect a great number of people (which ironically describes my case exactly) as has Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, Lambda Legal, the Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law, and Mind Freedom.
    I have been denied every legal right that I am entitled to as a U.S. citizen. I have had violations of Federal law perpetrated against me and have been denied the right as a victim to the enforcement of these laws. A sitting judge has ruled based on Page 9 of 18
    Scientology doctrine that eschews psychiatry and psychiatrists and, by denying me my rights as a U.S. citizen under the U.S. Constitution, has broken his oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America (which is considered a crime of high treason in many states), which is facilitating the continued abuse and exploitation of a mentally ill friend, and this doesn’t elicit so much as a yawn from anyone.
    The Surgeon General’s Call for Suicide Prevention 1999 identifies specific risk factors for suicide and calls for an awareness of those risk factors and intervention before a crisis stage is reached:
    “While there is no one cause of suicide, researchers tell us that suicidal behavior is associated with a number of risk factors that frequently occur in combination. These include:

Clinical depression and other mental illnesses. More than 60 percent of all people who complete suicide suffer from major depression. Almost all people who take their own life have a diagnosable mental or substance abuse disorder or both.

Adverse life events. Such events may be confusion about one's personal identity; a family crisis like death and divorce.

Familial factors, such as a family history of suicide, of mental illness and substance abuse, of violence and sexual abuse.

Prior suicide attempt, firearm in the home, or impulsive or aggressive tendencies…
    …all of which apply to Michael Lewitz.
    Michael’s mental condition has deteriorated from “I hope to visit you soon...you are the best person I have ever met” to “I am in fear of my life and suspect that Jerry may attempt to harm me.”
    Those with personality disorders are three (3) times more likely to commit suicide than those without, and 90% of completed suicides are those with untreated, under-treated, or undiagnosed mental illness.
    Page 10 of 18
    10 to 12% of untreated cases of BPD end in suicide and Michael Lewitz has already attempted once since “running” to Indiana in an attempt to escape his “unbearable emotional pain:”

“Myth: A person who has made a serious suicide attempt is unlikely to make another.

The truth is that persons who have made prior attempts are often at greater risk of completing suicide. A suicide attempt is a cry for help and a warning that something is terribly wrong and should be taken with utmost seriousness.”
    Michael Lewitz will most likely kill himself before this matter is taken seriously and that is unacceptable because it can be prevented.
    I have been attempting to get help now for 3 years! I have told my story to and requested help from every government agency and public official that I know of. I never expected anyone to simply just believe me, but I never expected that absolutely no one would make even the slightest attempt to verify my story either. A court ordered independent mental evaluation of Michael Lewitz to detect the presence and influence of borderline personality would have easily verified every allegation that I have made, would have resulted in the quick and proper adjudication of this matter; would have given Michael the chance to possibly recover from a serious but treatable mental illness and prevented the additional psychological injury that he has sustained, would have respected my right as a U.S. citizen to present exculpatory evidence in support of my defense under the 6th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, and would have revealed the unscrupulous individuals who are responsible.
    I was denied immunity under Indiana Code and equal protection under the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and the right under the 6th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution to present exculpatory evidence in support of my defense against
    Page 11 of 18
    the false accusation of “stalking” that was used as grounds for the void ipso facto order of protection against me because the judge is a scientologist and ruled based on Scientology doctrine that eschews psychiatry and psychiatrists and teaches that those who are suppressive toward Scientology have no rights instead of accepted law and practice and everyone seems to think that this is acceptable!
    All of the aforementioned has been reported—repeatedly—to U.S. Senators Bayh, Lugar, Kyl, and McCain; U.S. Representative Harry Mitchell; Indiana State Governor Mitch Daniels and Indiana State Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Skillman; Indiana State Attorney General Steve Carter; Indiana State Senator Brandt Hershman; the Indiana State Judicial Nominating Committee; and the U.S. Senate Judicial Commission.
    FIRST CAUSE OF ACTION
    AGAINST THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES
    DECLARATORY JUDGEMENT AND MANDAMUS
    (5 U.S.C. § 551, 28 U.S.C. § 1331, et sqq.)
    I, Plaintiff Gerald W. Staton, hereby incorporate by reference all foregoing allegations as if set forth fully herein.
    Defendant THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES (HHS) is the United States government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans.
    Whereas a declaratory judgment declaring that the acts and practices of the Church of Scientology pose a hazard to the mental health of the American public addresses only such acts and practices and does not interfere with the beliefs of the Church of Scientology, it is appropriate and proper and in the American Public’s interest that a
    Page 12 of 18
    declaratory judgment be issued declaring that the acts and practices of the Church of Scientology pose a hazard to the mental health of the American public, and
    Whereas, on May 3rd, 2008 I submitted a citizen petition under 5 U.S.C. § 553 and 42 U.S.C. § 1081 to request the US Department of Health and Human Services to issue a public health warning to alert the public to the mental health hazard posed by engaging in the practices of scientology and to order those individuals and organizations that promote the practice of scientology to cease the unqualified administration and interpretation of I.Q. and Personality tests.
    Wherefore, it is appropriate and proper and in the American Public’s interest and I respectfully request that this Court issue a writ mandating that HHS provide a prompt response to my citizen petition and that it protect the health of the American public by granting my citizen petition.
    SECOND CAUSE OF ACTION
    AGAINST THE U.S. POSTAL INSPECTION SERVICE
    DECLARATORY JUDGEMENT AND MANDAMUS
    (18 U.S.C. § 4, et seq., 28 U.S.C. § 1331, et sqq.)
    I, Plaintiff Gerald W. Staton, hereby incorporate by reference all foregoing allegations as if set forth fully herein.
    Defendant THE U.S. POSTAL INSPECTION SERVICE is a major law enforcement branch of the U.S. government. One of the laws that it enforces is 18 U.S.C. 1702 Obstruction of Correspondence.
    All acts alleged herein of the Defendant, and its members, officers, agents, servants, employees, or persons acting at its behest or direction, were done and are continuing to be done under and as the U.S. Postal Inspection Service.
    Page 13 of 18
    Intention is the mental element required for18 U.S.C. § 1702 Obstruction of Correspondence. Lack of authorization, as Inspector Campbell contends, is not an element required for18 U.S.C. § 1702 Obstruction of Correspondence. Lack of authorization is the element required for18 U.S.C. § 1708 Mail Theft/Tampering.
    It is appropriate and proper and in the American Public’s interest that a declaratory judgment be issued declaring that a violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1702 Obstruction of Correspondence has been committed in this case.
    Wherefore, I respectfully request under 28 U.S.C. § 1361 that this Court issue a writ mandating that the U.S. Postal Inspection Service correct its definition of the element that is required for18 U.S.C. § 1702 Obstruction of Correspondence and that it enforce 18 U.S.C. § 1702 Obstruction of Correspondence and conduct a reasonable investigation of the ongoing violation of 18 U.S.C. § 1702 Obstruction of Correspondence that I reported.
    THIRD CAUSE OF ACTION
    AGAINST THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
    MANDAMUS
    (18 U.S.C. § 4, et seq., 28 U.S.C. § 1361)
    Defendant THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE is a major law enforcement branch of the U.S. government and upholding disability rights and civil rights and liberties is among its duties. The U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights division Criminal section enforces 18 U.S.C. §§ 241, 242, and 245, and the U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights division Disability Rights section enforces Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Page 14 of 18
    All acts alleged herein of the Defendant, and its members, officers, agents, servants, employees, or persons acting at its behest or direction, were done and are continuing to be done under and as the U.S. Department of Justice.
    Wherefore, I respectfully request under 28 U.S.C. § 1361 that this Court issue a writ mandating that the U.S. Department of Justice investigate my reports of 18 U.S.C. § 241, 242, and 245, and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, and the violation of 18 U.S.C. § 4 by U.S. Senators Bayh, Lugar, Kyl, and McCain; U.S. Representative Harry Mitchell; Indiana State Governor Mitch Daniels and Indiana State Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Skillman; Indiana State Attorney General Steve Carter; Indiana State Senator Brandt Hershman; the Indiana State Judicial Nominating Committee; and the U.S. Senate Judicial Commission as well as the psychological kidnapping of Michael Lewitz, a reasonable investigation of which should search for aforementioned evidence of his being subjected to methods of coercive persuasion without his knowledge or consent and undue influence being exerted over his independent decision-making abilities. A reasonable investigation should also include an interview with all of those individuals involved such as myself, Michael Lewitz, and Donald C. Lay, Jr., Ph.D.
    FOURTH CAUSE OF ACTION
    AGAINST THE STATE OF INDIANA
    DECLARATORY JUDGMENT, MANDAMUS, AND DAMAGES
    I, Plaintiff Gerald W. Staton, hereby incorporate by reference all foregoing allegations as if set forth fully herein. Page 15 of 18
    Defendant the State of Indiana acts by and through various commissions, departments, agencies and public officials, including Adult Protective Services and the State Judiciary.
    It is appropriate and proper and in the American Public’s interest that a declaratory judgment be issued declaring that the practice of the Indiana State Court of Appeals of holding all pro se litigants to the same standard as licensed lawyers and not making reasonable accommodation for the disabilities of pro se litigants with mental disabilities is a Title II violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
    Whereas, the right to present exculpatory evidence in support of my defense against the false accusation of “stalking” that was used as grounds for the void ipso facto order of protection against me and my right to equal protection under the law are guaranteed under the 6th and 14th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution and are not simply a matter of judicial discretion.
    Wherefore, I respectfully request that this Court issue a writ mandating the White County Circuit Court to correct its prejudicial error and order an independent mental evaluation of Michael Lewitz to detect the presence and influence of borderline personality disorder as well as his having been subjected to methods of coercive persuasion and undue influence in order to vindicate me and clear my good name and reputation, and to order protective services for Michael Lewitz to prevent his further abuse, exploitation, and possible suicide.
    Whereas, The State of Indiana’s denial of my rights as a U.S. citizen under the 6th and 14th Amendments of the U.S. Constitution and its perpetration of violations of 18
    Page 16 of 18
    U.S.C. §§ 241, 242, 245, and Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act against me along with its refusal to protect Michael Lewitz from further abuse, exploitation, and possible suicide has caused me severe embarrassment and emotional and psychological distress that has manifested as depression, insomnia, free-floating anxiety, intensified ADHD symptoms, and painful and embarrassing stress-induced eczema, and has greatly and adversely affected my reputation and future earned income, and
    Whereas, the intentional violation of federal law that has been perpetrated against me by Indiana State officials is all the more egregious because it has not only caused me irreparable harm but has allowed an individual with a serious mental illness to sustain additional psychological injury that could and should have been prevented as well as has caused his chances of recovery from a serious but treatable mental illness to be greatly diminished.
    Wherefore, I, Plaintiff Gerald W. Staton, respectfully request that this Court:
    Issue the aforementioned writs of mandate against THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES; THE U.S. POSTAL INSPECTION SERVICE; THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE; and THE WHITE COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT.
    Declare that the acts and practices of the Church of Scientology pose a hazard to the mental health of the American public.
    Declare that intention is the mental element required for18 U.S.C. § 1702 Obstruction of Correspondence, and not lack of authorization, as Inspector Campbell contends.
    Declare that the Indiana State Court of Appeals’ practice of holding all pro se litigants to the same standard as licensed lawyers and not making reasonable accommodation
    Page 17 of 18
    for the disabilities of pro se litigants with mental disabilities is a Title II violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
    Award general damages in such amount as to be proven at trial herein;
    Award special damages in such amount as to be proven at trial herein;
    Award Plaintiff's reasonable attorney's fees actually incurred, court costs and other taxable costs incurred in such amount to be proven at trial herein;
    For such further relief that the Court may deem just under the premises.
    Respectfully Submitted,
    Gerald W. Staton, Pro Per
    CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
    I hereby certify that copies of the foregoing and Summons have been served upon the following via U.S. Postal Service First Class Certified Return Receipt Requested Service: THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201; THE U.S. DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, 950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20530-0001; THE U.S. POSTAL INSPECTION SERVICE, 222 S. Riverside Plaza Ste 1250, Chicago IL 60606-6100; THE U.S. DISTRICT ATTORNEY FOR THE DISTRICT OF ARIZONA, Two Renaissance Square, 40 N. Central Avenue, Suite 1200, Phoenix, AZ 85004-4408; THE U.S. ATTORNEY GENERAL, 950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20530-0001; THE INDIANA STATE COURT OF APPEALS, 115 W. Washington Street, Suite 1270, Indianapolis, IN 46204; THE WHITE COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT, Po Box 230, 110 North Main Street, Monticello, IN 47960; INDIANA ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICES, 402 W. Washington Street, P.O. Box 7083, MS21 Room W-454, Indianapolis, IN 46204
    and THE INDIANA STATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, Indiana Government Center South, 302 W. Washington St., Indianapolis, IN 46204.
    Dated this 16th day of June, 2008 ________________________
    Gerald W. Staton Page 18 of 18
  11. highoverlord Member

Graham e berry. he rep'ed michel patinson the ex ot8 guy. all he does since he got runied by scientoloy is to take on litigation cases.

Im not name faging him or anything. I have his permission

www.scientologylitigation.com Coming Soon! Graham E. Berry
  12. XenuInBrazil Member

I've read the factual part...

Two words: Holy shit.
  13. Cubane Member

^^^^
    Seconded.

It sounds like there's a hell of a lot more going on there than BPD and Scientology, though.
  14. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

There is. I'm attempting to be economical since I'm now unemployed as the proximate result of Indiana State officials malicious and intentional attempt to get me fired from my job and it costs $350.00 US to file a complaint in federal district court. Filing each cause of action individually would have gotten very pricy. My primary focus is to help my friend, who is very sick (it's not normal for someone's eyes to turn black because of pupil dilation and stay that way for an extended period in bright mid-afternoon sunlight, and it's definitely not normal for everyone whom I reported this to in Indiana to think that it's normal). When I called the Lafayette, IN resident agency of the F.B.I. to report these matters to, the agent who I spoke with had actually been expecting my call. When I submitted my citizen petition to the Department of Health and Human Services requesting that a public health warning be issued to alert the American public to the hazrd that the acts and practices of the C of S pose to their mental health, I received an email from Bob Masterson from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security stating that he is proud that scientology has made such inroads with the opinion leaders of this country and that I should just get used to it because scientology is going nowhere. I have no idea why someone like that would have any concern over one endangered adult in Reynolds, IN. This whole situation is beyond bizarre.
  15. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

Dont know a whole lot about the legal process per-se, but I do know that ...

CHURCH AND STATE are SEPARATE - he can not legally say anything about his religion, his beliefs, or affiliations without reprimand.

Additionally, we pay judges to have an UNBIASED and LEGAL stance, and view, even if it goes against their own people, belief, and practices, they must remain within the eyes of the law, and without bias. FACTS not FEELINGS!

Lets put it this way, the judges responsibility to the law, is the same as that of a doctor to a patient - they MUST help the patient even if it goes against their belief. A Scientologist doctor could be tried and convicted for a myriad of charges for denying medical treatment in any form to a non-Scientologist, say an SP for instance. Such charges are worse if the patient died from lack of treatment.
    Judges are the same - by using their personal belief, religion, and bias, to deny legal due process of the law, they would be subject to charges against them.

At least thats how it was explained to me.
  16. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

Take this to the FBI nao, judge should have recused himself, period. But the fact that a friend was in serious need of help and kept away from help by scientology reeks of the case in Italy where the French woman was held hostage by her brother....scilon roommate did the same thing.

This is just the sort of thing the FBI needs to see to establish a pattern...that and the judge needs a little protesting for his scilonation on the bench..and god knows what else he does to further the cause illegally because if he is asked to he HAS to or face SPhood.
  17. Don Carlo Member

The TV show 60 minutes has taken on "bad judges" in the past. If there is a court record that the judge said he was a scientologist, that would be a "smoking gun."
    Contact 60 minutes at About Us, - CBS News

I googled "bad judges" and found
    How To Deal With A Bad Judge
  18. Optimisticate Member

WTF????
  19. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

"Bob Masterson from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security stating that he is proud that scientology has made such inroads with the opinion leaders of this country and that I should just get used to it because scientology is going nowhere."

Confused quote=confusing...first he's proud of the inroads the CO$ has made...reason? because the CO$ is going nowhere?

Inroads do not=nowhere...

Turn all this shit, dox, emails everything over to the FBI.
  20. Anonymeep Member

AD Anon is wall-of-text challenged. Plz to destill trufax?
  21. misskittie Member

^^^^THIS NAO!^^^^

You've posted at the right time, we have an excellent lawfag around these parts plus the GOGOGO has been given for everyone to get dox to the FBI. DO IT and good luck x
  22. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

Rock!
  23. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

I've not only reported this to the F.B.I. --repeatedly-- I've reported it repeatedly to the U.S. Department of Justice, the Indiana State Judicial Nominating Committee, the U.S. Senate Judiciary Commission, the U.S. Attornies for the Northern and Southern Indiana Districts, Governor Mitch Daniels, Lt. Governor Rebecca Skillman, The USDA Inspector General, the USPS Inspector General, Indiana State Senator Brandt Hershman, U.S. Senators Bayh, Kyl, McCain, and Lugar, U.S. Representative Mitchell, and President Bush. I've made appeals to former President Clinton and Senator Clinton...I've contacted the Bill Gates foundation, Amnesty International, the presiding Bishop of the ELCA, Dr. Pat Robertson, and Billy Grahm, and have been completely ignored. Additionally, all of the non-profit mental health organizations have denied my pleas for advocacy as well. None of the media is even interested--I've written everybody including Oprah, Dr. Phil, Matt Lauer, every T.V. and radio station in Indiana, the New Times, and the Arizona Republic. This is a list of just the ones that I can remember off of the top of my head.
  24. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

Also, I'm pretty sure that Bob Masterson meant that scientology is here to stay by "scientology is going nowhere."
  25. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

report it to the FBI again.
  26. Anne Ominous Member

+1 for report it to the FBI. Cultie judge should have recused.
  27. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

send a PM to RSK direct he and Boris to this link. If the people you reported it to ignored it, perhaps these fellas will not. I believe they will accept direct delivery of dox. Never hurts to ask.
  28. XenuInBrazil Member

The tl;dr version is the thread starter's post, but the original document has so many juicy details that can't be summarized: pretty much every agency, group denied help to him and several of his rights under American Consitution were ignored. READ IT, FAGGOT. No, seriously, do it.
  29. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

Reporting it--repeatedly--did no good. You can only bang your head against a brick wall for so long before your head starts to hurt. That is why I filed multiple causes of action in federal district court for writs mandating that these matters be investigated. What will most likely happen is that the court will issue the writs, the agencies will perform a perfunctory investigation for appearances sake to avoid being in contempt and then claim that they found nothing wrong. This country needs to wake up and realize that scientology poses a much greater threat to homeland security and the civil rights and liberties and freedoms that American women and men have sacrificed their lives defending than any terrorist in a 757 ever will.
  30. Optimisticate Member

Please, at least contact Boris and see what he has to say. This time may be the ONE TIME that reporting it will do some good.

I also believe that we have people here from homeland security, the ACLU and many other civil and human rights groups. Patience is a virtue, but Anonymous isn't exactly virtuous.

I read your story a few years ago, and it just stuns me that you have not received any help yet. I hope you can find it here.
  31. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

"I expose Scientology in this country, because to expose it is to kill it. Scientology is one of those monsters of darkness to whom the light of truth is death." - Jerry Staton
  32. Proto Member

HOLY SHIT

You need some legal help. IMO contact RSK, Lisa McPherson Trust / Mark Bunker, whatever cult watch groups you can directly and personally and get them to file "friend of the court" briefs.
  33. Mouseyhair Member

Contact Graham Berry. If nothing else, he can refer you to someone capable of giving you the legal help you need.

Graham E. Berry
  34. Cubane Member

Minor point, but the LMT no longer exists. I'm also a bit curious what an amicus curiae brief from, for example, RSK would do. "MY DAD WAS A SPY LOL, SCIENTOLOGY IS LYING."
  35. xscnchild Member

Dox and pix. Post them.
  36. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

You're going to love this...I've emailed Graham Berry twice and MartinJD twice in the last week and have gotten no response. I just have to accapt the fact that I'm going to have to do this without any help--ADHD or no ADHD. I'll post the email from Bob Masterson as soon as I find it--it's in my house somewhere--for anyone who doesn't have ADHD, I just want you to know that having it really sucks! Also, I'm going to be getting really busy here pretty soon when the responses to my complaint from the HHS, the DOJ, and the USPIS start coming in. I've already received the response from the State of Indiana, which was a motion to dismiss claiming improper venue, judicial immunity, etc. (all basically false, but par for the course). I can't keep emailing these people because eventually they'll seek a protective order against me. A building doesn't have to fall on me for me to get the hint.
  37. RedDevoHat Member

Advice : Even though I hate her as a journalist. You might want to give a shout out to Nancy Grace.
  38. MartinJDAnon Member

You should appeal on the grounds of biased Judge. Also if your Judges are elected, let us know here. Maybe we can start a grass roots campaign against him.

I will tell you right now that Judaism and the tenants of Scientology are *NOT* Compatible. That judge shgould be disbarred. <-- This is a personal opinion

Aside from that, let me see if I can give your local ACLU a call. The ACLU has taken like this before. They only skipped this because of fear of publicity.

The LA ACLU finally called me back on the Subway incident to do a case admission on it, so I still have some pull :hooray:

Hope this helps:guyfawkes:
  39. Re: "I'm a scientologist...I'm also Jewish. So what?

You rock :smile: