Customize

IKKICON Regional - Austin, Jan. 1-3

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Lord Anonymous, Nov 9, 2009.

1. IKKICON Regional - Austin, Jan. 1-3

This thread hasn't been started yet, so I guess it's up to me.

IkkiCon is coming, and the official dates are January 1-3, 2010. There is a huge New Year's Eve party planned, as well, though it's not part of the official con to my knowledge.

Last year, this convention had over 16,000 registrations. Am I alone in thinking this is a major target for enturbulation? Anonymous must YFTC and present itself. The more visible we are, the more questions we can cause.

Austin is well known for its huge amount of protests, and a large crowd like this presents an untapped resource. Even better, the kind of person who shows up at anime conventions is less likely to chicken out on something they believe in. Thus, it's our duty to grab some of these minds and spread the truth at this convention. I'll be there, and I'll have a little help from Dallas with me, but I need more than two or three people to hit such a large target.

Also, I should mention masks are more than okay... costumes are encouraged, though not necessary. The only rule on masks/costumes is "No costume is no costume."

Have at it, Anon.
  2. Re: IKKICON MegaRaid - Austin, Jan. 1-3

Bump. I need some help here, guys.
  3. Re: IKKICON MegaRaid - Austin, Jan. 1-3

hum sounds fun
  4. Re: IKKICON MegaRaid - Austin, Jan. 1-3

Interested: Yes. I'll have to see if I can make it out. Not sure if I can but I'll try.
  5. TexasAnon Member

Re: IKKICON MegaRaid - Austin, Jan. 1-3

I'll try and make it and spread the word to some San Antonio anons does anyone know what hotels to stay in transportation etc. that would be helpful
  6. exOT8Michael Member

I think U R saying U need.....

/b/lackup

The act of requesting the support of /b/rothas to help accomplish an objective. Usually when a mass amount of /b/rothas acquire /b/lackup, they are an unstoppable force.

......if I read you right.
  7. _You_ Member

16,000 signatures on a petition in support of Sen. Xenophon would be excellent.
  8. Re: IKKICON MegaRaid - Austin, Jan. 1-3

Yes, Michael, I'm requesting /b/lackup.

TexAnon, the convention will be taking place at the Hilton Austin, but it's a little late to get a reservation there for a decent price. Any nearby hotel will do.

At A-Kon in Dallas in May '09, I saw a number of Anons with GF masks, one even wrapped in the original Anonymous flag. I can only imagine how many people asked what character they were supposed to be. Long story short, we don't even have to have signs. We just have to be there with more than a small handful of Anons.
  9. _You_ Member

Way to cause inflation in the term "MegaRaid"

This is no MegaRaid, not saying it's not going to be lulzy or that it's a bad idea, it's just not a megaraid!!
  10. Whorr Member

Consider me there.
  11. Re: IKKICON MegaRaid - Austin, Jan. 1-3

How many of us are in the Dallas area - I know me traveling on my own may prove to be a pain in the ass
  12. Domonymous Member

Yeah I'm down. I'm just south Austin.
  13. _You_ Member

Re: IKKICON Regional - Austin, Jan. 1-3

Title changed from "Megaraid" to "Regional". Hope that's OK.

Anonspeed.
  14. _You_ Member

I can't make it to this one. I'll YFTC some local bookstores in memory.
  15. ltlpiglet Member

I personally am in the dallas Area, but have many friends in the Austin area who I usually attend Ikkicon with. I'll see if I am able to make it along with them, though I can't guarantee much as my work schedule has been stupid lately. =/
  16. Whorr Member

I can now basically guarantee that I will be there and will be bringing a friend. *lives in the austin area*
  17. Whorr Member

Alright, we are about a week and a half until this goes down. How many people are actually going to show up, so I can decide whether to bother with making materials?
  18. Re: IKKICON Regional - Austin, Jan. 1-3

Oh, what the hell. I didn't prereg, but still...

Also, watch your ass. If you distribute shit to con-goers, you may well get booted. They also don't like signs.

If you're going to put ANYTHING down, drop flyers randomly on tables in the video room or by the water coolers and whatnot.
  19. Whorr Member

Yup. I'll make sure of that. Also, I didn't prereg either. Oh well. $45 bux is okay with me.

This mean ya gonna show up?
  20. Whorr Member

Even closer to this event now. I see that there are many other cities hosting First Friday raids, so if some of us wanted to, we could hop on the Cap Metro (1M, $0.75) and ride on down to the Org. The 75 cents should get you a day pass, so you could go whenever you wanted to.

Fuck that reminds me. I need ink. xD
  21. Re: IKKICON Regional - Austin, Jan. 1-3

Convention guests are used to picking things up. Flags are helpful in this case, as carried items are more than welcome. I know I saw a few anons hanging around at A-Kon and AnimeFest in Dallas, and very obviously. However, they were not distributing materials like a number of businesses and random people (most of them looking to make a buck) do.

I think we'll be fine with random YFTCs and people asking questions ("wow, cool costume. who are you?").