Customize

"If He Dies, He Dies" book by Ron Miscavige Sr., David Miscavige's father

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Jul 1, 2015.

1. RightOn Member

In case anyone forgot...
    Ron's book was co-written with Dan Koon. Wasn't it?
  2. RightOn Member

IT'S HERE!
    MY BOOK IS HERE!
    CONGRATS RON!

• Like Like x 4
  3. Quentinanon Member

• Like Like x 3
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

Ruthless Excerpt - Exclusive First Look at Scientology Memoir by David Miscavige's Father | Esquire

What I Know About Scientology, and My Son, David Miscavige

A book by Harvard psychologist Martha Stout, The Sociopath Next Door, is based on her decades of study of toxic personalities. In it she claims that one in 25 people in the United States suffers from a mental disorder that leaves them without a conscience. Such people, she writes, never feel guilt, shame or remorse. She contends that, just as some babies are born without a hand or a limb, sociopaths are born without a conscience.

Of these conscienceless people is a charisma that can make them more interesting, more charming, more spontaneous, more intense, and more appealing than other people. Not all people who have these traits are sociopaths, of course, but because of their ability to seduce others with their charm, they can be tricky to identify.
    I will leave you to draw your own conclusions about why I mention Stout's book in this chapter. I have no doubt that it has been much harder for me to write this chapter than it is for you to read it. David, after all, is someone I have known since I peeked beneath that blanket outside the delivery room on April 30, 1960. He and I had countless wonderful moments together, and I loved him as I love all my children.

Yet the truth is the truth. I believe that people change throughout their lives but that those changes are not always for the better.

More at http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a44458/ruthless-scientology-excerpt/
    • Like Like x 4
  5. The Wrong Guy Member

EXCLUSIVE: How David Miscavige lured Tom Cruise into Scientology with a ‘charm offensive’ that included street car races, shooting trips and gourmet meals prepared by L Ron Hubbard’s personal chef
    • David's Miscavige's father, Ron Miscavige, reveals how Tom Cruise was lured into Scientology in his memoir, Ruthless
    • He says David Miscavige created a brotherly bond with Cruise in the 1990s
    • Miscavige took Cruise clay pigeon shooting and the pair raced cars through the streets of Los Angeles
    • He also entertained Cruise at the Scientology head base and arranged for the former chef of L Ron Hubbard to cook for the movie star
    • Ron Miscavige claims his son later exploited his relationship with Cruise for the benefit of the church
    • Miscavige and Cruise have remained close friends for more than 20 years
    • The church of Scientology has vehemently objected to Ron Miscavige's book and its claims against Miscavige, who has threatened to sue
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-prepared-L-Ron-Hubbard-s-personal-chef.html
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Quentinanon Member

Cruise was lured by "gourmet meals prepared by L. Ron Hubbard's personal chef"?
    Which one?
    And the mystery chef probably did not serve rice and beans.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. RightOn Member

Wouldn't that be Sinar?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. failboat Member

• Like Like x 4
  9. failboat Member

Oh my. This is getting big. Lisa Marie Presley's name in a People headline -

How Lisa Marie Presley Tried - and Failed - to Reunite Scientology leader David Miscavige's Father with his Family After He Left the Church
    BY ELIZABETH LEONARD 5/03/2016 AT 12:20 PM EDT
    A feel-good father-son tale it is not.

Instead, Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me, the tell-all memoir from Ron Miscavige detailing his estranged son David's early life and take-no-prisoners ascension to the helm of the Church of Scientology, is a scathing, if sad, look at the dissolution of a family.

"He runs Scientology with an iron fist," writes the elder Miscavige, a musician and businessman who introduced David to the religion in the late '60s, in Ruthless, published today by St. Martin's Press. (Ron left the church in 2012 after over four decades.)

"I believe his obsession with power and control have made him do things that will shock many."
    Among the assertions in the memoir that Monique Yingling, an attorney representing the Church of Scientology, dismissed as a "literary forgery" toABC News' 20/20, is the surprising role Lisa Marie Presley apparently played in Ron's life once he left the church.

Here's that account, plus more highlights from Ruthless:

1. Ron says that Lisa Marie Presley tried, and failed, to reunite him with his family
    After he left Scientology, Ron says Presley hoped to help broker peace between him and his two daughters, who, according to Ron, remained with the church and immediately "disconnected" from him. (The church has steadfastly denied the existence of a policy of "disconnection," saying members are not forced to sever ties with those deemed antagonistic towards the religion.)
    "She and David had been friends at one time, and she thought perhaps she could help," he writes, recounting her visit to the church's headquarters in Clearwater, Florida, where she allegedly could not meet with Miscavige but attempted to deliver a message directly to David by speaking into video cameras at Scientology offices.

"From what she told me later, she let him have it pretty good," he writes. " 'How dare you not let your own father talk to his daughters? You are breaking up the family!' "

Days later, Presley heard back from the church officials, who apparently arranged for Ron's daughters, Lori and Denise, to meet with her, Ron writes. During the meeting, as described by Ron, Denise "lashed out at Lisa Marie" and both daughters made it clear they had no interest in their father.

Presley's rep had no comment on the incident, or on whether Presley is a practicing Scientologist.
    2. David clicked with Scientology at age 9 – but his father now thinks the church is "evil"
    3. Tom Cruise immediately captivated David, who was pulled by the "seductive lure of celebrity"
    4. Scientology had Ron followed by private investigators
    5. Ron plotted his "escape" from the Church for months

Full article here with open comments - http://www.people.com/article/lisa-marie-presley-ron-miscavige-memoir-david-scientology
    • Like Like x 6
  10. The Wrong Guy Member

How 'livid' Lisa Marie Presley slammed David Miscavige and tried to reconnect the Scientology leader's father Ron Miscavige with his family after he left the church
    • When Ron Miscavige left Scientology in 2012, his two daughters, Lori and Denise, disowned him under pressure from senior members
    • Longtime friend Lisa Marie Presley tried to reconnect the family but failed
    • Presley and Ron Miscavige met in 1988 and have since remained friends
    • Presley went to the Religious Technology Center in Clearwater, Florida, and spoke directly into the cameras with a message for David Miscavige
    • She told the Scientology leader that he was 'breaking up the family'
    • Soon after Presley was invited meet with Ron's daughters, Denise and Lori
    • Ron Miscavige claims that during the meeting, Denise 'lashed out at Lisa Marie' and both daughters told her they did not want contact with him
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-father-Ron-Miscavige-family-left-church.html
    • Like Like x 4
  11. The Wrong Guy Member

Father of Scientology leader: Church is 'manipulative, coercive and, in my mind, evil'

By Thomas C. Tobin, Tampa Bay Times

Excerpt:

As a 27-year Scientology staffer who says he escaped from the church's compound in the California desert in 2012, the 80-year-old Ron Miscavige says he never fell victim to the hard-sell requests for money faced by church parishioners.

But now, even the father of the church leader — the person who brought the Miscavige family into Scientology some 40 years ago — says he has felt the pain of disconnection, and the sense of violation from being followed by church spies.

"I guess you could say that Scientology is an equal opportunity abuser," Ron Miscavige writes.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...-is-manipulative-coercive-and-my-mind/2275745
    • Like Like x 5
  12. DeathHamster Member

CoS has at least 546 stalker domains that now redirect to the ronmiscavigebook smear site.
    • Like Like x 5
  13. RightOn Member

Needs to be reported to Ortega and the media.
    They never fucking learn
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Quentinanon Member

Even with OT Powerz and Study Tech?
    • Like Like x 2
  15. DeathHamster Member

Already posted, and I'll post again when I update my Stalker site page with the redirects noted.
  16. FUCK DAN KOON THE "INDEPENDENT SCIENTOLOGIST"
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 4
  18. The Wrong Guy Member

Bert Deixler at his finest

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, May 4, 2016

When we broke the news that Silvertail Books had received a legal threat letter about publishing Ron Miscavige’s book Ruthless in the UK, we pointed out that the letter made a reference to similar threats being sent to Ron’s US publisher, St. Martin’s Press.

But we really didn’t know anything specific about what kind of heat St. Martin’s Press was receiving from Scientology’s attorneys.

Well, now, thanks to the Church of Scientology itself, we get to see that it was none other than ace Scientology lawyer Bert Deixler who was trying to cow St. Martin’s Press into submission with some letters that are classics of the Deixler mold. We’ll show you just one of them, which was posted to the smear website Scientology has established to try and “dead agent” Ron (and is failing miserably).

Please, savor the delicious prose of Mr. Deixler, who we have singled out for examination in the past. Get a load of this sentence, for example: “Instead you sent a farrago of cavils, name calling, false assertions and intentional eliding of the clear issues. Let me dispose of your points.”

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/05/04/sc...pose-monique-rathbuns-plans-to-ditch-lawsuit/
    • Like Like x 3
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

Video: Ron Miscavige Talks Son David's Rise in Scientology on Late Night

Ron Miscavige stopped by last night's Late Night to talk about his new book and his son David Miscavige's rise in Scientology. Watch clips from the appearance below!

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/...ds-Rise-in-Scientology-on-LATE-NIGHT-20160504
    • Like Like x 2
  20. The Wrong Guy Member

10 Strange Stories From Ron Miscavige’s Scientology Tell-all Ruthless | Vulture

Excerpt:

Ron Miscavige still clings to his belief in Scientology.

Considering Miscavige devoted the majority of his life to reading and practicing Scientology, it’s not hard to believe that he has a problem with letting go of its tenets. Indeed, much of the book analyzes his own son according to the principles of Scientology, demonstrating ways in which his son is a "toxic personality type," according to an essay by Hubbard. Even when he was plotting to escape the Gold camp, he made sure to take all of his books by L. Ron Hubbard with him. It’s clear that he sees the organization and the church — not Scientology itself — as the problem.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/05/ron-miscavige-scientology-book-ruthless.html
    • Like Like x 2
  21. RightOn Member

I am concerned that when Ron is doing interviews and saying that the beginning courses of Scientology are very beneficial, and especially for communication, that he is doing the public a very huge disservice.
    Anybody can take a course in communication, it doesn't have to be Scientology by any means. It also bothers me that he continues to tell the story about the COS curing COB's asthma. Just not necessary to mention. And untrue of course. Tom Cruise has also stated that he no longer gets sick. Which we all know is simply impossible.
    Sorry, but I find this all very troubling. I hope there is not ONE person out there watching Ron's interviews that thinks that maybe they can just take a few courses and be done with the COS. Or maybe they can be cured of their asthma with one auditing session. THIS IS DANGEROUS!
    Ron must know that when people try to do a few courses they are forever hounded by the COS?

Further more, everyone knows the love bombing that goes on and that a person can easily be talked into the next course and then out comes the "Oh you are doing so great! The next course will blow you away! You have to do it!" speech.
    Some people may think "wow! he is a great trumpet player and was in the COS house band! Maybe the COS can help me too!".
    Yes desperate people will try anything.

So please Ron, stop saying that the beginning courses in the COS are beneficial or that your son was cured of his asthma with one auditing session.
    How would you feel if just one person got sucked in because of what you say?
    Because that is exactly how it happens.

Remember the guy in NY in one of the protest vids who said "I just came for the Dianetics" ?
    uh huh.... and now some mosques are being called orgs!
    • Like Like x 6
  22. TrevAnon Member

I only see this now.

http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2016/05/04/scientologys-vette-jaren-zijn-wel-voorbij-1614916

Dutch paper NRC has a damning story about the cult, inspired by Louis Theroux' film and Ron Sr.'s book.

For a Dutch paper this is very good.

Improved Google Translation:

Scientology's best years are over

Scientology grew by recruiting film stars John Travolta, Tom Cruise. Meanwhile, an exodus has begun.

Making a film about making a film about the Church of Scientology. In Hollywood not to mention, the belly of the beast. "It seemed perfect," director Jim Dower of "My Scientology Movie" said. Founder L. Ron Hubbard, after all, wrote filmscripts and wanted to direct, the current leader David Miscavige was once his cameraman in Scientology's filmstudio, Hollywood stars are their role models.

Hollywood was L. Ron Hubbard's favorite hunting ground. In 1955 he started Project Celebrity: followers were to trick celebrities such as Walt Disney, Orson Welles and Greta Garbo into becoming ambassadors of its "scientific religion." But Scientology wasn't groovy until the seventies as "getting high without drugs." At that time Scientology bought dirt cheap buildings in rundown Hollywood, including the first "Celebrity Centre" Chateau Elysee in 1969: a merry little castle where celebrities could relax in peace and young actors and actresses through courses was promised an entry into the film industry, which Scientology could live up due to its growing network. The first scalp was John Travolta, which attributed hi breakthrough to Scientology. A conversion wave followed: Priscilla Presley, Juliette Lewis, Isaac Hayes, Anne Archer, Kirstie Alley and Tom Cruise, who has a macho-like bromance with leader Miscavige.

Scientology was attractive to moderately skilled, insecure and ambitious actors who washed up in Hollywood. Its courses were about dealing with rejection and projection of superiority and self-confidence. "It has a lot of psychotherapy and method acting," John Dower says. "Their narcissistic targeting gives guidance in a tough world." But while half Hollywood ever sniffed at Scientology, the aura of the scandal deters: it has hardly attracted famous names since 1990. And that celebrities like John Travolta and Tom Cruise actively propagated their faith in the 21st century did not help. Travolta made himself ridiculous in 2000 with the filming of Mr. Hubbard's epic Battlefield Earth, Cruise did an idiotic declaration of love to his - selected by Scientology - bride Katie Holmes on Oprah in 2004, followed by shockingly arrogant interviews. Scientology no longer seemed the highway to success.

Meanwhile, an exodus is underway: recently two time Oscar winner Paul Haggis (Crash, Million Dollar Baby), sitcomactress Leah Remini and Elvis' daughter Lisa Marie Presley. Worse: they write books about Scientology and give interviews: their fame turns so precisely against Scientology. The newest informer is the 80-year-old Ron Miscavige, father of the leader, who this week published a book about his son: Ruthless.

For Scientology the best years are over.
    • Like Like x 7
  23. anon8109 Member

I agree that a few desperate people reading this book may think they could try scientology's early courses to see if they can get help, which is a dangerous thing to be promoting.

On the other hand you can also read the beginning of the book as explaining why it is he got so deeply involved with Hubbard's cult. A question many people have trouble understanding is how do people get involved in scientology to the point where they allow it to destroy their lives. I think you have to admit that there must be something appealing and worthwhile to new recruits, or else they'd never join.

Chris Shelton defends this part of the book by simply stating that Ron is entitled to his opinions.

• Like Like x 2
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

Ron Miscavige: Scientology has evolved into a cult | Fox 5 New York

The father of controversial Church of Scientology leader David Miscavige says he wants to set the record straight about his former faith and his son's role in what has now evolved into a "cult."

At 80 years old, Ron Miscavige says he has nothing to lose by exposing the church because he's already lost his entire family to it as he explains in his tell-all, 'Ruthless.'

"My daughters and grandchildren do not speak to me. If they did, their friends would disconnect from them," said Miscaviage.

Four years ago, Miscavige escaped from the church and was branded by followers a "suppressive person."

Current members cannot have contact with an SP, according to church teachings.

In 'Ruthless,' Miscavige says his goal is to put an end to the disconnection process of the church which is enforced with an "iron fist" by David Miscavige.

David, who has led the church for several decades, has gone from "Dr. Jekyl to Mr. Hyde," according to Ron.

"I think what caused it was the acquisition of power and he has power," said Miscavige.

http://www.fox5ny.com/good-day/137270378-story
    • Like Like x 3
  25. RightOn Member

And I mine.
    Although my opinion on Scientology courses will no way in hell ever influence anyone to want to try a COS course.
    AND I also did not write a book, nor am I doing interviews telling people my opinion on how beneficial early courses and auditing can be.
    Again communication courses can be taken ELSEWHERE.

I disagree with Ron's opinion on early courses and auditing. Which is my right.
    It may be his opinion, but don't ever forget that 5.6 million people saw that 20/20 interview and heard that early COS courses are great and that auditing just about cured COB's asthma. And there are a lot more interviews, articles and more to come. Not to mention his book.
    Many sheeple ended up getting WAY into the COS by starting out with just just a few courses.
    Prove me wrong.
    I totally support that he wrote this book and I believe it may be the much needed nail in the COS's coffin, but sorry, I disagree with the dissemination of Scientology on ANY level.
    • Like Like x 2
  26. AUDIO: Ron Miscavige has not seen his daughter-in-law since 2005.

640 Toronto: AUDIO: Ron Miscavige has not seen his daughter-in-law since 2005

http://www.640toronto.com/2016/05/0...s-daughter-in-law-since-2005/?sc_ref=facebook

AUDIO AT LINK.

* * * * * BEGIN INTRODUCTION * * * * *

McARTHUR | Ron Miscavige has not seen his daughter-in-law since 2005

Toronto, ON, Canada / Talk Radio AM640

Posted: May 05, 2016 01:56 pm

The wife of David Miscavige, Michele “Shelly” Miscavige has not been seen publically in over a decade.

Jeff asks Ron Miscavige whether or not he believes his daughter-in-law is still alive.

* * * * * END INTRODUCTION * * * * *

Audio

http://omnyapp.com/shows/jeff-mcarthur/mcarthur-where-is-shelly-miscavige
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 4
  27. Ron Miscavige on Fox News.

• Like Like x 3
  28. Random guy Member

Good interview. Ron Miscavige appeared a little nervous, but i think he handled himself well and tackled the questions about his own abuse fairly well. Kelly managed with an extremely straight face to convey the creepiness of the cults response.
  29. BLiP Member

Needs more Xenu
    • Like Like x 3
  30. The Wrong Guy Member

This is from Tony Ortega today. Quote:

...our third item comes from Aaron Smith-Levin, who thought we’d be interested in how Grant Cardone is dealing with the onslaught that is Ron Miscavige’s book Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me.

We’ve made the point that one of the things that makes Ron’s book a real problem for Scientology is that Ron was well known and well liked in the organization. Because of that, it will be harder for Scientologists to keep themselves from ignoring the book, the way they do books or articles written by journalists. Scientologists can be really skilled at ignoring anything in the media that’s upsetting about their church or its leader. But in Ron’s case, we figure they might be more receptive.

David Miscavige, however, has made sure there is handy material to convince Scientologists to ignore his father. On cue, a smear website about Ron appeared online just as the book was coming out, which attacks Ron in the usual Scientology ways. And get a load of Cardone, as he perfectly displays how Scientologists will be expected to deflect the message Ron is trying to convey:

CardoneFB.jpg

Ron Miscavige, handled!

http://tonyortega.org/2016/05/06/wh...nic-a-new-document-has-us-nostalgic-for-2008/
    • Like Like x 2
  31. JohnnyRUClear Member

"Call me ruthless and I'll sue you in Northern Ireland, Dad!!"

so ecclesiastical
    • Like Like x 1
  32. Quentinanon Member

Grant Cardone: "Question: If your father was a drunk who repeatedly beat his wife & children would you exile him from you life, kick his ass or both? I know what I would do what would you do? GC"

Answer: Grant Cardone, you mother abusing piece of shit, if the attack line scenario you parrot were true, I would not wait 38 years to disassociate from him, and I would not pay violence back with violence. Go back to your rathole, you psychopath.
    • Like Like x 1
  33. The Wrong Guy Member

Silvertail's Miscavige memoir 'selling well' | The Bookseller

A memoir by the father of Scientology leader David Miscavige sold just under 500 copies [in the UK] in two days this week, according to Silvertail publisher Humfrey Hunter, who pressed ahead with publication despite a warning of legal action.

<snipped>

Last month, Silvertail published an investigation into Scientology titled Going Clear by author Lawrence Wright, three years after it was pulled in the UK by Transworld. Silvertail also brought Bare-faced Messiah, a book about Scientology’s founder L Ron Hubbard, back into publication in February 2014.

In the US, Ruthless is published by St Martin's Press.

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/silvertail-scientology-book-328470
    • Like Like x 2
  34. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 3
  35. He said he beat his wife “once a month for 10 years” … This is ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY BEATINGS?!?!?!?! WTF!!! This guy is a fucking asshole!!

oh wait! He ONLY punched her in the arm and in the back ... in front of the children .... It's all good then ....

inb4OSAOSAOSA!
    PS: HE SAID THAT AT THE BEGINNING OF THE INTERVIEW!! (see what I did there?)
    omfgwifebeater
    This message by omfgwifebeater has been hidden due to negative ratings. (Show message)
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
  36. JohnnyRUClear Member

120 beatings later, he's in excellent position to take home a silver in the Miscavige family violence Olympics.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Fascinating. How could the Church of Scientology "redact" a review unless one of its agents or employees wrote the review?

Unless, Amazon meant to say, "This review is redacted at the request of the Church of Scientology for the dissemination of libelous content.""

However, if Amazon did the latter, wouldn't they just delete the review (as they often do) without comment? Or would it?
    • Like Like x 2
  38. JohnnyRUClear Member

Maybe someone who redacts reviews at Amazon changed their name to "the Church of Scientology". *shrug*
  39. I suspect the review was not redacted by Amazon, or by the Church of Scientology, or by Amazon at the request of the Church of Scientology. I suspect it was written that way -- i.e., (This review is redacted by the Church of Scientology for the dissemination of libelous content.) -- as a troll job.

One comment on the review states

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

Keith Blodgett says:

Sounds like a shill game. Amazon would never post anything other than 'deleted on xx/xx/xxxx"

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

As evidence, I"ll note that the reviewer, Carter Simonson, reviewed the animated movie "Cool Cat Saves the Kids" with 5 stars as follows:

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

The finest in American cinema., November 15, 2015

By Carter Simonson

This review is from: Cool Cat Saves the Kids (DVD)

In a brisk 75 minutes that feels just right, director Derek Savage manages to establish himself as a singular auteur with an Altman-esque ear for humanism. Not since P.T. Anderson has a director with such a distinctive, exciting approach to cinema exploded onto the scene quite like Savage. I also give Savage credit for his Tarantino-like ability to squeeze great performances from people like Erik Estrada and Vivica A. Fox, whom even this author considered old hat. While many naysayers say that Savage, despite his moralizing, took down and harassed various internet reviewers, I believe that Savage chose to have life imitate art by subjecting these people to their own bullying situation, and see how they'd react. With Cool Cat Saves The Kids, Savage has clearly established himself as an heir to Welles, Bresson and Kubrick, and I cannot wait to see what new tricks he has for the world of film.

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *
    • Like Like x 4