Customize

"If He Dies, He Dies" book by Ron Miscavige Sr., David Miscavige's father

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Jul 1, 2015.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. anon8109 Member

large.jpg

ABC announced today that Miscavige Sr. will be interviewed on 20/20!

Friday, April 29, at 10 p.m. ET
    • Like Like x 6
  3. A 'Ruthless' Scientology tell-all is coming.

USA Today: A 'Ruthless' Scientology tell-all is coming
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books/2016/03/17/ruthless-scientology-tell-all-coming/81913678/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Last year, the HBO documentary Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief (based on the book by Lawrence Wright) made waves.

Now a new tell-all looks to be next in line. Only this time it's not an outsider collecting the facts – it's Ron Miscavige, the father of the leader of the Church of Scientology itself.

According to St. Martin's Press, the upcoming memoir Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me, to be published on May 3, tells the story of David Miscavige's childhood and his path to the head of the Church of Scientology, told through the eyes of his father.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Ron Miscavige, Father of Scientology Leader David Miscavige, Speaks Exclusively To ABC News “20/20” About His Son’s Upbringing And Ultimate Rise To Leader Of The Church.

http://abcnews.go.com/Press_Release...ader-david-miscavige-speaks/story?id=37715704

* * * * * BEGIN PRESS RELEASE * * * * *

The Former Scientologist Sits Down with ABC News Anchor Dan Harris to Discuss His Revealing Memoir RUTHLESS: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me

The Interview will Air on “20/20,” Friday, April 29 at 10 p.m., ET, and Across All ABC News Platforms

Ron Miscavige, father of the Church of Scientology leader David Miscavige, speaks exclusively to ABC News Anchor Dan Harris about his son’s journey within Scientology starting when the family joined in 1970, and then his ultimate rise to current leader of the Church. It is a rare look inside Scientology told by someone who lived it for more than 40 years, 27 of them working for the Church’s Sea Organization. Ron Miscavige’s experience with and ultimate break from Scientology in 2012 is recounted in his new revealing memoir, RUTHLESS: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me. The interview will air on “20/20” on FRIDAY, APRIL 29 (10:00 – 11:00 p.m., ET) on ABC.

RUTHLESS: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me will be published on May 3, 2016 by St. Martin’s Press.

“20/20” is anchored by Elizabeth Vargas and David Muir. David Sloan is senior executive producer.

* * * * * END PRESS RELEASE * * * * *

*****************************************************************************************************

Scientology Leader David Miscavige's Dad to Speak Out in New Interview.

US Magazine: David Miscavige's Father, Ron, to Speak Out About Son's Ascent in Scientology

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...dad-ron-to-speak-out-in-new-interview-w167540

Troublemaker: Round 2! Ron Miscavige, the father of Scientology leader David Miscavige, will discuss his son's ascent in the church in an exclusive interview with 20/20, ABC News announced on Thursday, March 17.

The elder Miscavige, 79, will open up about his new memoir, Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me, in his interview with ABC News anchor Dan Harris. The press release from the network promises details about David's ascent within the church after the Miscavige family first joined around 1970.

"It is a rare look inside Scientology told by someone who lived it for more than 40 years, 27 of them working for the Church’s Sea Organization," ABC News notes of the sit-down.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  5. And now Australia.

Church of Scientology leader's father, Ron Miscavige, to publish 'revealing' memoir

http://www.9news.com.au/world/2016/...her-ron-miscavige-to-publish-revealing-memoir

Unfortunately, whoever wrote the article confused Ron Miscavige with L. Ron Hubbard when they wrote:

When Hubbard died in 1986, Miscavige was ready to take the reins; The LA Times even claimed that the then 26-year-old had told a private investigator "that if it was Ron's time to die, to let him die and not intervene in any way."

* * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

The "if it was Ron's time to die, to let him die and not intervene in any way" comment referred to Ron MIscavige relatively recently, and not to L. Ron Hubbard in 1986 when David Miscavige was 26 years old. The 9 News story gets it right later in the story.
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Random guy Member

Shouldn't we change the title of the thread to the new title of the book?
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Just an aside, but the new title utilizes apposition - "My son David Miscavige"

At first, I thought it needed a couple of extra commas. I was wrong. Because "my son" is non-specific (Ron could have 2 sons), no comma is necessary when the apposition specifies a non-specific.
  8. amaX Member

I prefer the original title of the book. The new title is cumbersome.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 2
  10. amaX Member

I have to wonder if David Miscavige is trying to figure out some way to spin the fact that he (allegedly...) greased palms to keep his father from being taken to court on the charge of rape? Staying silent on that one is gonna hurt.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Miscavige family dynamic. Dad rapes a woman. Son pays off everyone to get Dad out of trouble. Son decides to punish Dad by forcing him to divorce Mom. Mom gets pissed at son for forcing (alleged) raping Dad to divorce her. This ain't the Waltons and DM ain't John Boy.

The moral of Ron Miscavige, Sr.'s tale? Don't pack up your family and join a cult. Things can get downright ruthless.
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Random guy Member

Quite interesting indeed. Not quite cricket, is it?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. 568

But Mary Ellen is a Scientologist:

[IMG]
  13. The Wrong Guy Member

Here's part of a post in another thread that's related:

VIDEO: David Miscavige’s entire speech at Scientology’s Atlanta ‘Ideal Org’ opening

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, April 4, 2016

Thanks to smart planning by a couple of our readers, we have a complete video of Scientology leader David Miscavige’s speech Saturday as he opened the organization’s new “Ideal Org” in an Atlanta suburb.

The Atlanta facility is the first Ideal Org Scientology has opened in the US in nearly three years, but photos from the event show a crowd of only about 500 people gathered at the building in Sandy Springs, Georgia. As usual, Miscavige presided over the ceremony while an image of him was projected on a large screen nearby.

Scientology goes to great lengths to keep non-Scientologists far away from these events by blocking streets, sidewalks, and with the use of security personnel, so that we get only partial views of what’s going on.

In this case, our correspondents, JustSheila and another Bunker reader, had planned ahead and secured permission from a private property owner to make use of a vantage point across the street from the building. They shared the space with a crew from ABC also taping for the upcoming April 29 20/20 special about Ron Miscavige’s book about his son, Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me.

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/scientology-in-sandy-springs-georgia.130444/#post-2578510
  14. The Wrong Guy Member

Ron Miscavige’s book ‘Ruthless’ gets a UK publisher and it’s a familiar one

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, April 19, 2016

RuthlessUK.jpg

It took three years for Lawrence Wright’s book Going Clear to find a publisher in England when little Silvertail Books brought out Wright’s epic history of the Church of Scientology last month. When Ron Miscavige brings out his book on May 3, he won’t have to wait for the same treatment.

Humfrey Hunter, the publisher at Silvertail, has announced that his imprint will be bringing out Ron’s book, Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me, in the UK on the same date that it hits bookshelves in the US.

“I’m thrilled that Silvertail is publishing this book. In the history of the Church of Scientology, the release of Ron’s memoir will, I suspect, prove to be a significant moment. Ron’s story is a hugely important one, and he is a brave man to make public something so personal,” Hunter tells us.

Full disclosure: Silvertail is also the publisher of The Unbreakable Miss Lovely, our history of Scientology’s attempt to destroy the life of journalist Paulette Cooper. Hunter also published John Sweeney’s 2013 book about Scientology, Church of Fear, and brought back into print Russell Miller’s biography of L. Ron Hubbard, Bare-Faced Messiah.

And on May 3, Hunter will issue Ruthless under the same title as its St. Martin’s Press edition in the US, but with a different cover, seen above.

On Friday, April 29, Ron will be interviewed by Dan Harris on ABC’s 20/20, reminiscent of when Harris did the same with Leah Remini in late October, a few days before her book became available and then went to the top of the nonfiction bestseller lists.

Also, the full hour of April 29’s 20/20 will be devoted to Scientology. And what a turnaround that is for ABC. In 2012, when the break up of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise created a media frenzy about Scientology, 20/20 set out to do a full hour-long program on the church. We were interviewed by Elizabeth Vargas for a couple of hours. So was Jenna Miscavige Hill, the Headleys, and many others. Then, when Cruise and Holmes worked out a settlement only 11 days after announcement of the split, 20/20 shelved the program and none of that footage was used. Later that summer, ABC also cancelled an interview with Maureen Orth after it had been announced. Orth was going to talk about her Vanity Fair story about Scientology “auditioning” women in 2004 to be the next companion for Tom Cruise. But intense lobbying by Scientology’s attorneys gave ABC cold feet, and Orth was bumped.

Now, four years later, 20/20 is taking advantage of Ron Miscavige’s book to put together that full hour on Scientology and its controversies. We can hardly wait.

Source:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/19/ro...s-gets-a-uk-publisher-and-its-a-familiar-one/
    • Like Like x 3
  15. RightOn Member

^^^ from Tony's article about cult exit counseling after Ron Miscavige's story...

So should Rachel's number be the new contact and phone # for people to put on signs at protests for people who would like to talk to someone about leaving Scientplogy?
    The XSEAORG number was not a recommended number to use any more? Or am I mistaken? I thought I read that somewhere?
    Rachel would not be the go-to person for Sea Orgers though, as they would not be able to afford it, but may be good for publics and staff to see her number? I didn't put "help leaving" below, because I am not sure she can actual help a person to physically leave? She offers just counseling, correct?

Call Rachel If You Want To Talk About Leaving Scientology:
    1-818-907-0036
    Email: rbpsychology@gmail.com
  16. The new cover is awesome.
  17. I have been informed the XSEAORG number is no longer in service because it cost too much to maintain. I have not tried the number so have not verified that information.
  18. RightOn Member

thanks, I thought that was the case
  19. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. DeathHamster Member

I have the feeling that Mike Rinder was saving this until juuust before the book launch.
  21. Ron senior is humping his own book it seems
    • Like Like x 1

22. RUTHLESS: Just Scientology, my Davey and me............Whippoorwill in the willow...........
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 3
  23. RightOn Member

THREE MORE DAYS!
    I upgraded to cashews, screw popcorn
    • Like Like x 1
  24. The Wrong Guy Member

SCIENTOLOGY LEADER DAVID MISCAVIGE THREATENS TO SUE FATHER OVER BOOK

By Tony Ortega, The Underground Bunker, April 26, 2016

London publisher Silvertail Books has received a letter from Scientology leader David Miscavige’s attorneys threatening that it will be sued for defamation if it goes through with plans to publish Ron Miscavige’s book due out next week. The letter also indicates that Ron’s US publisher, St. Martin’s Press, has received similar warnings.

And according to the way book contracts work, a suit against the book would mean that David Miscavige would be suing his own father.

Ron’s book, Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me, will be featured this Friday night on ABC’s 20/20 program, and it promises to be a devastating look at how Ron’s son, David Miscavige, became the dictatorial leader of the Scientology organization.

But even at this late date, with only days to go before publication, Scientology’s attorneys are trying to scare the book’s publishers out of going through with having copies on sale May 3.

“You are now on notice of the highly defamatory content of the subject book,” the letter states. “In the event that you proceed…our client will be left with no alternative but to seek the protection of UK/Irish defamation and other laws. Accordingly, even at this late stage, we would urge you to reconsider your decision to proceed…[with] what clearly will be a totally unjustified, premeditated attack on our client’s reputation and character.”

The letter claims that David Miscavige has had “no meaningful relationship” with his father since he was sixteen years old, and it indicates that Scientology has been trying to convince St. Martin’s Press of Ron Miscavige’s “sinister background.” (In other words, a classic Scientology “dead agent” campaign, as described by its founder, L. Ron Hubbard, which is designed to smear the reputation of someone criticizing Scientology, in this case David Miscavige’s own father.)

Silvertail publisher Humfrey Hunter tells us the letter has not changed his mind. “Silvertail will publish Ruthless in the UK on 3 May as planned,” he says.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/04/26/sc...publisher-over-ron-miscavinges-book-ruthless/
    • Like Like x 6
  25. RightOn Member

Delicious tears
    BAW
    • Like Like x 3
  26. RightOn Member

From the letter of the COS lawyers to the publishers stating that these facts are lies and they deny them:

i. That Gold Base is surrounded by spiked fencing pointing inwards;
    iii. That working and living conditions at Gold Base were appalling and staff were not permitted to leave;
    iv. That our client created “The Hole” as a means of punishing Sea Org members and that people were subjected to deprivation and violence whilst detained in “The Hole”;
    v. That our client lives in lavish conditions whilst Church staff live in poor conditions;
    vi. That our client’s management style is erratic and abusive;
    vii. That our client hired Privated Detectives to carry out surveillance on Ron Miscavige.

There is a HUGE list of 2693 2696 2698 2699 2700 people who totally disagree.;)
    http://whyweprotest.wikia.com/wiki/Former_Church_of_Scientology_members_who_have_spoken_out

CONGRATULATIONS TO RON MISCAVIGE FOR BEING THE 2007 TH NAME TO BE ADDED TO THE LIST!
    • Like Like x 9
  27. Random guy Member

I so look forward to seeing the cult drag Silvertail into court and ask if they have any proof!
    • Like Like x 2
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

Won't happen. This is just another desperate threat from someone who knows he couldn't win. Still, it's entertaining to watch him flipping out yet again.
    • Like Like x 3
  29. anon8109 Member

Almost nothing makes information more appealing than censorship, or even a failed attempt at censorship (see Streisand Effect).

Thanks David Miscavige for the free publicity for your dad's book, you never disappoint!
    • Like Like x 2
  30. Additional, if unimportant, lulz to be had while reading the letter.

The letter refers to the fact that "these allegations can only be for blatant commercial gain and vindictive ill will towards our client and his two daughters."

DM has no children. Undoubtedly, the letter is actually referring to their client David Miscavige's sisters, who are Ron Miscavige's daughters.
  31. anonysamvines Member

Dear Sirs,
    Thank you for your correspondence.

We look forward to questioning your client personally re these matters in court.
    As are St Martin's Press.
    The free publicity is just a bonus.

Please start the proceedings forthwith

Yours
    • Like Like x 3
  32. The Wrong Guy Member

20/20: Father of Scientology Leader Ron Miscavige Calls Son 'Ruthless'

ABC 20/20 landed an exclusive interview with Ron Miscavige, the father of the head of the Church of Scientology, David Miscavige. Ron Miscavige knows a lot about the organization. He joined in 1970 and worked for The Sea Organization, a religious order for the Scientology religion, for nearly 27 years before leaving the Church in 2012. Ron Miscavige has written a book about his escape and his son who he describes as “ruthless.” According to Ron, David hired two investigators to follow his every move after he left the Church. One of the investigators was arrested for suspicion of obstruction. Police found two rifles, four handguns, 2,000 rounds of ammunition and a homemade silencer in his rented SUV. David Miscavige and the Church deny knowing the private investigator.

Ron Miscavige’s book, Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me, will be released on May 3, 2015, and is available for pre-order on Amazon. The ABC 20/20 interview will premiere Friday, April 29 at 10pm.

http://2paragraphs.com/2016/04/2020-father-of-scientology-leader-ron-miscavige-calls-son-ruthless/
    • Like Like x 1
  33. RightOn Member

On the 29th...
    If DM cries, he cries
    BWA HA HA
    What a birthday present he got this year!
    • Like Like x 3
  34. RightOn Member

THANK YOU 20/20!

35. RightOn Member

A vid worth re-watching.
    My how times have changed.
    Wonder how the bromance is going? :confused:
    You can see Shelly is this video too. :(
    In 2004, COB gave Tom asbestos for his birthday at his $100 thousand b-day party (and exposed everyone else on board too):mad:
    So what will COB get this year for his birthday besides being PONED by his own Dad? :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  36. failboat Member

RADAR ONLINE -

DADDY DISASTER!
    David Miscavige Threatens To Sue Father Ron Over Scientology Book ‘Ruthless’

Will the new book spill all of the church's dirty secrets?

Posted on Apr 26, 2016 @ 12:20PM
    Scientology leader David Miscagive [sic] has taken legal action against a London publishing company for the pending release of his father Ron’s juicy new book, Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me, RadarOnline.com has learned.
    According to Scientology reported Tony Ortega, Silvertail Books received a letter from the 55-year-old religious chairman, threatening a defamation lawsuit
    http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/david-miscavige-sues-father-ron-scientology-book-ruthless/

The Hollywood Reporter -
    Scientology Leader David Miscavige Threatens to Sue Over Father's Tell-All

APRIL 26, 201611:00am PT by Seth Abramovitch
    A letter warns of a defamation suit should the book, 'Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me,' get a release in the U.K. next week as planned, while the publisher responds: "My plans for the book haven't changed at all."
    Lawyers for David Miscavige are mounting an eleventh-hour attempt at preventing the publication of a new tell-all about the Church of Scientology leader. The author is Miscavige's own father, Ron Miscavige.
    As first reported by Scientology observer Tony Ortega on his website, London-based publisher Silvertail Books has received a letter from Johnsons Solicitors, a powerful law firm "with a strong reputation for its expertise … in media and defamation," according to its website.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/bookmark/scientology-leader-david-miscavige-threatens-887678
    • Like Like x 5
  37. The Wrong Guy Member

Father's memoir spurs Scientology leader David Miscavige to threaten lawsuit | Los Angeles Times

The leader of the Church of Scientology, David Miscavige, is looking to stop the publication of a new tell-all memoir written by his father Ron Miscavige.

In a document first published by Tony Ortega, noted Scientology reporter, lawyers from Johnsons Solicitors, working on behalf of David Miscavige, contacted Silvertail Books, the publisher responsible for “Ruthless” in the U.K. and Ireland asking them to halt release of the book, scheduled to debut May 3.

<snipped>

“Ruthless” is the latest in a growing number of books looking to demystify the unseen aspects of Scientology. “Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood and the Prison of Belief,” an exposé on the church written by Lawrence Wright, was released in 2013 and made into a 2015 documentary for HBO. Former Scientologist Leah Remini released her memoir, “Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood and Scientology” detailing her time with the church in 2015.

Ron Miscavige will appear on “20/20” Friday to speak about “Ruthless” and his son.

The Church of Scientology did not respond to a request for comment.

http://www.latimes.com/books/jacket...threatens-lawsuit-scientology-book-story.html
    • Like Like x 3