Customize

"If He Dies, He Dies" book by Ron Miscavige Sr., David Miscavige's father

Discussion in 'Media' started by The Wrong Guy, Jul 1, 2015.

1. let this sink in .....

Karen de la Carriere said about Ron Miscavige Sr.:
    [IMG]

... she has deleted the post now ....
  2. fify
  3. Life after Scientology is contentious for church leader's father

A long and thorough Los Angeles Times article about the life of Ron Miscavige, Sr. after the publication of Ruthless. I will excerpt only two brief portions.

Life after Scientology is contentious for church leader's father

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-ron-miscavige-20160906-snap-story.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

“That is a father who is a despicable human being, simply trying to make a buck off of the good name, fame and kindness of his son,” attorney Monique Yingling wrote.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Yingling also forwarded a signed declaration from Powell, recanting his statements to police about the phone call from David Miscavige.

“Certain statements I allegedly made to the West Allis Police Department have been misinterpreted,” it read in part.

Police in that Milwaukee suburb stand by their account: “There is no confusion in the statements that were made by Dwayne and Daniel Powell,” Chief Patrick Mitchell said in an email.

Now, in the latest twist in the saga of church-sanctioned surveillance, Powell says he was paid thousands of dollars to sign the declaration after church attorneys summoned him to a meeting last year in Atlanta.

“The whole meeting took less than 10 minutes,” he said. “They said, ‘This is what this is, and this is what it’s for. Goodbye and good luck.’ ”

He furnished no documentation, and Scientology attorneys deny that any such payment was made.

But other records obtained by The Times show that Scientology lawyers, who had publicly sought to distance the church from Powell, kept him on the payroll two years after his arrest — and long after he stopped conducting investigations.

In the spring of 2015, just weeks before Powell signed the declaration, a Scientology attorney paid him at least $16,000 for “security” services in five payments, according to check stubs obtained by The Times. The checks were written on the trust account of Kendrick Moxon, a prominent Scientology attorney in Los Angeles, the records show.

Reached by phone, Powell confirmed the payments but would not comment on them.

• Like Like x 3
  4. The Wrong Guy Member

^

L.A. TIMES: Scientology private eye says he was paid to refute Ron Miscavige

By Tony Ortega, September 15, 2016

Quote:

Kim Christensen, the L.A. Times reporter who broke the story last year about Scientology leader David Miscavige hiring private investigators Dwayne and Daniel Powell to follow his own father, Ron Miscavige, after Ron escaped from Scientology in 2012, has an important update today that is on the newspaper’s front page.

The most striking thing in Christensen’s story last year was that the Powells told West Allis, Wisconsin police that they had been told by David Miscavige personally simply to stand by and let Ron die when they observed him having what they thought was a heart attack. “If he dies, he dies,” David reportedly told them.

Dwayne Powell later submitted a declaration that he had been misquoted by the police in their report of his interview, and that he did not talk to David Miscavige. The police in Wisconsin stood by their report.

Now, today, buried fairly deep in a lengthy story about Ron’s recent memoir, “Ruthless,” Christensen drops a small bomb.

Christensen obtained pay records showing that Powell was given $16,000 in five payments after his 2013 arrest and just before his submission of the declaration, even though he was no longer following Ron Miscavige.

The pay disbursements had come from notorious Scientology lawyer Kendrick Moxon. Would Moxon pay someone to say things in a declaration that the church wanted to hear?

Christensen doesn’t say it, but we’ve already proved that Moxon would do such a thing.

Back in 1999, we showed through documents that when a man named Robert Cipriano agreed to sign a false declaration accusing attorney Graham Berry of sexual improprieties in his past, Moxon arranged for Cipriano to get a job, rented him a place to live, and leased him a car.

Moxon, naturally, denied to the Times that his payments to Powell had anything to do with Powell issuing his declaration denying that he’d talked to Miscavige.

Continued here:
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/09/15/sc...rt-rejects-appeal-in-forced-abortion-lawsuit/
    • Like Like x 4
  5. JohnnyRUClear Member

D8fVO1.jpg
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Per Marty Rathbun and Karen de la Carriere, Ron Miscavige Sr. is a rapist. Believe one or the other, but both cannot be wrong.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. DeathHamster Member

I think it would be quite easy for both Marty Rathbun and Karen de la Carriere to be wrong about something.
    • Like Like x 3
  8. DeathHamster Member

Meanwhile Marty's blog is filling up with all the loose nuts who have been rattling around for years.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ron Miscavige, Jr. likens his brother Scientology leader David Miscavige to Hitler.

Radar: Scientology Boss David Miscavige Called ‘Little Hitler,’ Accused Of Terror Tactics

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/scientology-leader-david-miscavige-uses-tom-cruise/

EXCLUSIVE

Scientology Boss David Miscavige Called ‘Little Hitler,’ Accused Of Terror Tactics

Leader uses blackmail and Tom Cruise to conduct menacing missions, claims brother.

By Radar Staff
    Posted on Sep 15, 2016 @ 6:58AM

Scientology boss David Miscavige was called “Little Hitler” as a child — and uses blackmail, fear and even A-list member Tom Cruise — to maintain control of the controversial cult.

Those are the shocking revelations of Miscavige’s sex-crazed own brother, Ronald, who fled the church 16 years ago after rising to a powerful position in its inner circle.

[SNIP]

Radar tracked down the pervert [Ron Miscavige, Jr.], who deflected his own scandal with a series of stunning new revelations about his menacing brother, and Scientology’s sinister reach.

“They’ve got the most powerful propaganda machine since the Nazis — and Tom is their prized puppet !” Ronald, 58, told Radar in a world exclusive interview. “It’s a horrible organization, and I would definitely liken my brother to Adolf Hitler.”
    Ronald, who held a lofty position in the church’s elite Sea Org, got a taste of his brother’s tactics when he was followed after he left the church in 2000.

“I also got an intimidating phone call from my sister, Jenna, who’s in Sea Org,” said Ronald. “She tried to blackmail me to stop my dad from writing a book about Scientology.”

[SNIP]

• Like Like x 2
  10. DeathHamster Member

He doesn't have a sister named Jenna.
  11. Maybe he considers her a sister as he tried to molest her and “sister” sounds better than “daughter”.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. You get it that his being a rapist doesn't change his son being a murderer by proxy? You get it that his being a rapist doesn't change his son's crimes? It doesn't change ANYTHING about David Misgavige's actions at all. He's ruthless.
  13. I love how the ASC (how Marty Rathbun puts it) are attack dogs against anyone that is a clam, yet defend the most vile crimes (RAPE and WIFE BEATING) adamantly, from any ASC member. Wow gais … rly?
  14. Murderer? WTF are you smoking? Where is any evidence he killed anyone? Using your logic and your words:
    You get it that his being a whatever doesn't change his father and brother being rapists and wife beaters? You get it that he being whatever doesn't change his father and brother’s crimes? It doesn't change ANYTHING about Ron Miscavige I and II actions at all. They're ruthless.
  15. DeathHamster Member

Lisa McPherson, by proxy.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. DeathHamster Member

Any dox for that smear?

Also, Jenna Miscavige Hill left the Sea Org and Scientology in 2005. She wasn't making any phone calls to stop the publication of Ruthless.
  17. DeathHamster Member

So, do you have any evidence that anyone was convicted of rape?
    • Like Like x 1
  18. give the above poster a fucking break.

Nobody was “convicted” of rape … nobody was “convicted” of being a wife beater either, yet Ron Miscavige Sr. told Kelly on LIVE TV that he had beaten up his wife at least once a month for a decade – making it about 120 beatings. And that is what he “confessed” to her on TV …. I wonder how many more he didn’t talk about. But hey! WTF? He is an anti-scientologist, therefore everything can be forgiven to him. Even BEATING HIS WIFE MORE THAN 100 TIMES PER HIS OWN LIVE TV ADMISSION!!!!

Keep reading that caps part until it sinks in, stupid motherfucker. I am 100% sure you are a guy. I am not forgiving women beatings. The only worse thing is beating a child ... oh wait!

Ron Miscavige Sr. was not convicted of rape, you are right… yet he told KAREN DE LA CARRIERE that he RAPED a girl!! Or are you saying Karen de la Carriere lied? Wait, no .. she just had “bad memory” or she is “confused”, like Dan Koon says? How can a woman (or anyone for that matter) be consumed about someone telling her they raped someone?!!?
  19. GibbousWaxing Member

That is correct. One person's being ruthless does not change another person's being ruthless. For all I can tell, the Miscaviges, including David, are a ruthless family. Thank you for pointing that out.

But you seem to be especially critical of Ron Sr. and Ron Jr.

Do you have critical thoughts about Ronald Miscavige Sr. and Ronald Miscavige Jr.?

Have you ever had critical thoughts about David Miscavige?

That's a read. Go see the MAA.
    • Like Like x 3
  20. DeathHamster Member

When someone asks you (because you are the previous poster) for dox of the rape you said he was guilty of, you shift to the wife beating.

I have no time for wife-beaters. It's obvious that he has serious flaws that he passed on to his kids, especially Davie. I don't plan on shaking his hand or buying him a drink. But does that mean that everything in his book about David Miscavige should be discounted? No.
    What Karen de la Carriere posted (I'll assume it wasn't an imitator) was: She said that Ron Miscavige Sr said something to her 29 years ago, about an event 39 years ago. Both of them have been through the mind-fuck factory, so I'd like something a little stronger than hearsay of hearsay.

So, what did you think of the book?
    • Like Like x 4
  21. Ron Miscavige Junior and Ron Miscavige Senior have no excuse for what they have done. Despite anyone else in his family doing whatever they did.

My point is about them .. .they are being looked at as cool when one of them abuses sex trafficking and the other is a wife beater – self-admitted on TV.

That is all. Stop trying to confuse the point with DM or someone else. You are doing the always attack never defend bullshit. Please, enough of that.
  22. Glad you brought DM up, notRon. Did DM ever admit to beating all those people he imprisoned in The Hole live on TV, or at all? Beating people isn't cool, you know. DM beating lots of people is not at all cool.

What was your point again?
  23. DeathHamster Member

That case was dropped after six months of investigation. That's kind of a lame card to play, don't you think?

I don't recall anyone saying that they were cool.
  24. GibbousWaxing Member

We have reality on this point.

Really? Who thinks the Miscavige men are cool? I think they're scum. The thing is, Ron and Ron are petty scum. David Miscavige is big-time scum. Ron and Ron have hurt some people. David Miscavige has hurt a lot of people and is still in a position to hurt many more. I would like to see him removed from that position. Wouldn't you?

(That's a read. Report to the MAA. Again.)

Ooh! Sue us for patent infringement!
    • Like Like x 1
  25. I am sorry that I side with the OSA partyline, but Ron Miscavige Senior is a fucking asshole - he told Karen de la Carriere he raped a girl. He also told on TV that he beated up a wife 100+ times. Not good person would even do that.

His son Ronald Miscavige Junior used sex trafficking slaves to get sex many times. He paid for sexing women that were trafficked. No good person would do that.

They are boot full of shit and dirty lobsters!
  26. GibbousWaxing Member

Already duplicated and acknowledged. So when you continue to post the same protestations, you come across as someone who hasn't read anything here, but who's been assigned to make a certain stat in this thread because Mr. David Miscavige is a sniveling coward who's afraid to make a public statement of his own.

I like that "boot full of shit and dirty lobsters" expression. I may steal it.

Say, how do you like the way this season of Mr. Robot is shaping up?
    • Like Like x 1
  27. The Wrong Guy Member

Insider the Sinister World of Scientology | The Weekly Standard

By Charlotte Allen

Quote:

Most parent-offspring biographies consist of either the offspring's fond but warts-and-all reminiscences of his or her famous parent. Or are Mommie Dearest exposés of the famous sire or dam's parental barbarity. Ruthless is the other way around: Ron Miscavige is the 80-year-old father of a famous son, David Miscavige, head of the Church of Scientology since 1987.

As its title indicates, Ron Miscavige's book is the latest addition to an impressive body of published literature — most of it by former church members but some of it by well-respected journalists (Lawrence Wright's Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief is the best-known example of the latter) — that paints David Miscavige as a vengeful, secretive, and near-paranoid control freak given to terrifying bouts of rage and rule by intimidation, relentless belittling of subordinates, and punishments that include sleep deprivation, public humiliation, virtual imprisonment on Scientology premises, and "disconnection," a form of shunning in which Scientologist relatives and friends cut off relations with apostates.

Ron Miscavige was one of those apostates, leaving Scientology in 2012 after he had finally had enough. Another was Jenna Miscavige Hill, David Miscavige's niece and Ron Miscavige's granddaughter. Hill quit Scientology in 2005 (her father, another Ron, had preceded her in 2000) and three years ago she published a book of her own, Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape.

Continued here:
    http://www.weeklystandard.com/insider-the-sinister-world-of-scientology/article/2005055
    • Like Like x 1
  28. The Wrong Guy Member

The fight over the secrets on a Scientology spy’s seized laptop that no one is talking about

By Tony Ortega, December 20, 2016

Quote:

The Underground Bunker has obtained court documents which describe a stunning attempt by a Milwaukee attorney to secure secret government-held documents that are potentially crippling to the Church of Scientology.

That attempt came very close to being successful.

In June of last year, the attorney, Jeremy P. Levinson, arrived at the West Allis, Wisconsin Police Department, demanding to see the department’s then chief, Charles Padgett. Levinson had with him a court order instructing the police department to turn over to him a trove of information that had been collected as evidence in a criminal investigation from a couple of laptop computers. Levinson said he wasn’t going to leave without the entire collection of evidence.

When he was told that it would take time for so much material to be gathered, he said he would be back the next morning.

But by then, the West Allis Police Department figured out what was going on, and told Levinson he was getting nothing.

What almost happened, we’re told, would have led to the possible destruction of damaging information about the way the Church of Scientology carries out elaborate and sophisticated spying operations — information that has not been seen in public, and may never be.

And the people we talked to for this story tell us that the audacious operation to get that information out of the government’s hands could only have been masterminded by one outfit — and that’s the Church of Scientology itself.

Tonight, a new episode of A&E’s hit series Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath will focus on the rise of David Miscavige, who took the reins of Scientology after the death of its founder, L. Ron Hubbard, in 1986.

And to help explain David Miscavige’s rise, Leah will talk to David’s father, Ron Miscavige, who escaped from Scientology in 2012 and earlier this year published a memoir titled Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me.

One of things that motivated Ron to write his book was the shocking realization in 2013 that he was being stalked by private investigators hired by his own son.

On July 30, 2013, two Florida men, Dwayne Powell (41 at the time), and his son, Daniel, 21, were stopped by West Allis police officers after they had been reported acting suspiciously in a residential neighborhood. When police searched their car, they found a small arsenal of rifles, handguns, and ammunition, as well as a collection of phones, computers, and other electronic devices. Most importantly, among Dwayne’s possessions there was an item made out of a 25-inch length of PVC tubing that he said he used with a rifle during target shooting. It was a homemade silencer — the possession of which was a serious violation of federal law.

With Dwayne facing ten years in prison, he and his son proved willing to give lengthy interviews to the police, which were recorded and later released to the media. (The full police report of the arrest was also made public.) The Powells told detectives that they were private investigators who had been hired by the Church of Scientology, and were being paid $10,000 a week to follow Ron Miscavige, who was now living in West Allis. For more than a year, they said, they had been tailing Ron, following his movements by attaching a tracking device to his car, for example. They said that they were instructed to recruit people to befriend Ron and his wife, Becky Bigelow, to get information from them. And above all, they were to stalk Ron and Becky without giving away their presence.

At one point, when the Powells were watching from a distance as Ron walked across a parking lot, Ron, who was 77 at the time, clutched at his chest and seemed to stumble. Ron was actually fumbling with a smartphone in his shirt pocket, but the Powells thought they were seeing an older man have a heart attack. They called their handler, a private investigator in Florida, but they were soon patched through to David Miscavige himself. When they asked whether they should blow their cover and provide aid to Ron, David said, “If he dies, he dies,” and he told them to stay back.

Those statements, made to police in recorded interviews, were released to Ron Miscavige himself by the West Allis detectives, and eventually, the public got to hear them as well. But the vast majority of the evidence seized from the Powells was never released to anyone, including Ron Miscavige.

“The police told me that Dwayne Powell had two laptops,” Ron tells us. “One of them was tracking me and Becky. On the screen, it showed our location. And that laptop, they said, would hold all the historic data of the tracking that they’d been doing of us.

“The second computer, though. That’s the one that really matters. On that one, Powell said to the cops that he kept the reports he was making to Scientology about what Becky and I were doing. Those documents spell out the day by day spying operations like nothing else.”

We asked former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder how significant the information on Dwayne Powell’s laptop would be if it were made public.

“Nobody gets documents like that. The last time documents like that got out was after the 1977 FBI raid. I mean, they’re that significant,” Rinder says, referring to what was the largest raid in FBI history up to that point, resulting in the seizure of more than 100,000 documents and the prosecution and sentencing to prison of 11 top Scientology officials.

“I think that they could be as damaging as what was found in the FBI raid, seriously. Nobody has seen that kind of documentation since then,” Rinder says.

And then something really interesting happened to that evidence.

Continued at http://tonyortega.org/2016/12/20/th...s-seized-laptop-that-no-one-is-talking-about/
    • Like Like x 2
  29. failboat Member

The last bit of today's post includes Tony's speculation as to how we might get a crack at the information contained on the laptops.

Quote:
    Which brings us to our final point in this story, which is an appeal to our fellow journalists.
    ...[W]e don’t have the backing to take on what this story calls for.
    Editors in Milwaukee or Chicago or, hell, New York. There is an incredible treasure trove of crucial information that, the facts in this story suggest, someone with a lot of money is willing to go to some pretty impressive lengths to get their hands on. They wouldn’t do that if that information were not radioactive.
    If you’ve ever wanted an opportunity to mount a legal challenge to get some records unsealed, this is a fat, juicy target. The prosecution of Dwayne Powell is deferred. It is not an open investigation — the West Allis police can’t even look through the evidence they have.
    Perhaps there’s a smart and enterprising media lawyer out there who can convince a federal judge in the Milwaukee area that Dwayne Powell’s laptop contained information that the public has a legitimate interest in seeing.
    It’s worth a shot, isn’t it?
    http://tonyortega.org/2016/12/20/th...s-seized-laptop-that-no-one-is-talking-about/

I would think that Ron Miscavige has the best leg to stand on in court out of anyone to get access to the information contained on the laptops. IANAL but it would seem to me that he has a compelling interest to find out what they were committing to electronic memory in the course of their surveillance of him, especially with the armament they were carrying. All we have to go on is their word that they're just PI's and not hitmen.

The illegal silencer for the deadly weapons and thousands of rounds of ammo they were carrying combined with the surveillance would be compelling reason for me to want to know what was on their seized computers, if I were the subject of their surveillance. I'm surprised Ron hasn't talked about those computers more before now, because I would be beyond curious to get at the information inside. If they were hitmen, then it could be argued that Ron's very life, and others, might depend on it.
  30. RightOn Member

AND HERE IT IS!
    FINALLY!
    Lisa Marie Presley! honored to add her to the list.
    "And later, we learned that that’s exactly what it was. It turns out that Ron Miscavige has a close relationship with Lisa Marie Presley, who had made her own journey out of the Church of Scientology and was also interested in exposing the secrets of David Miscavige. It was Lisa Marie who told Ron that the information about the Powells and their arrest shouldn’t come out for the first time in his book but instead should first come out in the press. So she hired an attorney who fed the story to the L.A. Times and TMZ."
  31. Incredulicide Member

One word.

Wikileaks
    • Like Like x 1
  32. This information has been known for some time. It was released when the book by Ron came out. Lisa has not commented to confirm, Or deny
  33. RightOn Member

She will be added to the Big List, if she denies it we will back peddle. I see no reason why Ron would BS about this. It wouldn't make sense.
  34. The Wrong Guy Member

35. The Internet Member

If the CoS made an attempt to get those laptops, there will be other attempts. I hope the police dept keeps the laptops in a box that can shield against magnetic fields. And I hope maintenance and cleaning crews are watched.
    • Like Like x 1
  36. DeathHamster Member

Can't stop OT powerz!

37. The Wrong Guy Member

• Like Like x 4
  38. The Wrong Guy Member

Ron Miscavige on life at Scientology’s secretive Gold Base (and getting thrown in its lake)

By Tony Ortega, February 8, 2017

Quote:

Last time we talked with Ron Miscavige, he had some pretty incredible news for us about a laptop computer that may contain some of the most explosive evidence about the Church of Scientology in decades.

We’re working with Ron for an update on that story, but today we have a treat for you: It’s an interview of Ron by contributor Jeffrey Augustine.

The two of them go over some really interesting territory in this discussion. Ron lets us in on what it was like to hear from his publisher about how his book, Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me was selling.

They talk about what life was like on Gold Base in California, where Ron lived and eventually escaped from in 2012. Jeffrey asks Ron about a few famous incidents at the base that we don’t think we’ve heard Ron talk about before.

We learned, for example, that Ron’s musical skills were called upon when Katie Holmes at one point wanted to put together a special song for Tom Cruise. How sweet!

Another time, Ron stayed up 82 straight hours to put together a theme song for Saint Hill Manor, Scientology’s UK headquarters. Now that’s Sea Org dedication!

Ron also discusses a couple of notorious deaths on the base, and about his own experience being thrown in the lake there as punishment.

We think you’re going to find it a fascinating discussion.

Continued at http://tonyortega.org/2017/02/08/ro...ive-gold-base-and-getting-thrown-in-its-lake/
    • Like Like x 2