Customize

IDEA: creative, sneaky setup for catching bad Scilon behaviour

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by redplaidsofa, Apr 8, 2008.

1. redplaidsofa Member

IDEA: creative, sneaky setup for catching bad Scilon behaviour

I was thinking about skydiving helmet cams the other day, and that inspired an idea.

Scilons sure seem to behave well when there is a video camera around.

What if you could record what kind of action you can get when they think you DON'T have a camera on you? :)

It's possible, with a little money and creativity! :D

Here's how:

1. Google for either "helmet cam" or "spy camera".

2. Buy a nice, compact videocam unit.

3. Create some funny, alien-looking headpiece to wear to the next protest. Maybe make it out of paper mache and then paint it. Perhaps have Xenu on your head? The possibilities are endless.

4. Design the camera into your wierd-looking headpiece, lens facing forward, but make it hard to spot. Maybe embed it behind one of Xenu's eyes, with a matching piece in the other eye so the camera lens just looks like an alien iris. Make sure you figure out a way to make the camera easily removable when necessary, but still keep the headpiece intact.

5. Go to protest. Put on headpiece. Turn on camera. Greet your friendly, neighborhood Scilon at your next protest while wearing your hidden camera. Be sure to have a nice friendly conversation. A VERY friendly conversation! Bonus points if you bring a Bullbait Bingo card with you for extra lulz. :rolleyes:

6. Post result on YouTube for all to see. :cake:

"What do you think, sirs?"
  2. Re: IDEA: creative, sneaky setup for catching bad Scilon behaviour

Legalities of secretly filming people? In UK I get the impression this is fairly lax judging by all the Watchdog-esque programs secretly filming rogue traders (and the program Rogue Traders for that matter), unless theres some nifty loophole for investigative journalism.
  3. anon7894 Member

Re: IDEA: creative, sneaky setup for catching bad Scilon behaviour

As long as everyone checks on the laws (i.e. no problemo if it's a public place) then good idea.

:cake: 4 u.
  4. Ten Tigers Member

7. PROFIT!! (and lots of :cake:) :applause:
  5. Re: IDEA: creative, sneaky setup for catching bad Scilon behaviour

I suppose if you want to be on the safe side, faces can be blurred or pixelated.

I think most shows and such require a sort of "model release/consent" form signed by anyone making an appearance.
  6. Anon32167 Member

Cant you get one of those tiny cams you wear on a pin on your lapel or something?