Customize

I Occupy Because - #IOccupyBecause

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Wrong Guy, Nov 21, 2011.

1. The Wrong Guy Member

I Occupy Because

Yesterday afternoon on Twitter, someone suggested that people could start using the tag #IOccupyBecause to share their reasons for being involved in the Occupy movement.

The idea took off, with over a thousand people contributing their insight.

Feel free to join in, or just read what's being said. There's a wealth of wisdom here:

http://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/IOccupyBecause
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Here's a few good ones I pulled off.

davidqbush DQ
    @ows #IOccupyBecause my only hope for a comfortable retirement is an early death.

OccupyCanada OccupyCanada
    RT @random_flail: @OccupyCanada #IOccupyBecause corporations are NOT people and people are NOT slaves. #ows #occvan #occupycanada

comfyeverafter Comfy Ever After
    #Ioccupybecause I want to tell my children, "if you go to college and work hard you can make a better life for yourself" & have it be true.
    Min_Reyes min reyes

H_O_G_ Joan
    #ioccupybecause one day I want to be able to tell my grandchildren why I did, rather then why I didn't #ows

kara_h Kara Harkins
    #IOccupyBecause I have a conscience so how could I explain myself to future generations if I did not do what I knew was right?

Pootentate Joe
    #IOccupyBecause I am 40 and have worked my entire life, but have no access to health care.

time4sanity time4sanity
    RT @nwbtcw: #Ioccupybecause corporations are not people, money is not speech, war does not make peace, and this is not "the best we can do."
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Anonymous Member

Because the meek always inherit the Earth, by any means necessary, in the end.

That's nature for you. If you're the 1%, it looks like pretty shitty odds against at least 80% prepared to fight you for it.

And the fight is just beginning.
  4. Anonymous Member

5. ItchyScratchy Member

I want the 99% to eat better so when the zombie apocalypse happens they will have plenty of slow low hanging fruit to eat, allowing for an easy escape.

#occupywalkingdead

Tax the rich, feed the poor!

also

I'd like for reasonable and decent people to figure out that our current exploitative free market system is rigged and in need for a major over haul.

I don't have the solutions, I have some ideas and I think people should "occupy" all things and let the "hive" mind work. The world needs a #chan concept that isn't /b/. If it starts with a bunch of tards camping out on wallstreet then so be it.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Here's a few more, first one being of course the 1964 words of Mario Savio spoken at UCB

UnePetiteMort Shannon Pie
    #ioccupybecause "There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious...You can't even passively take part."

themidtownfritz Ashley Elizabeth
    #IOccupyBecause I pay more taxes than Verizon.

jmedoom Jamie
    #Ioccupybecause Compassion, justice, tolerance, sacrifice, and peace are seen as bad things that only hippie commies would want. #wwjd
  7. hmmm
    yep, still agreeing with your statement
    but I'm guessing its a bit long to put on twitter
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Anonymous Member

And making money by moving around junk bonds and junk debt, and then attaching it to people's savings is fraud.
  9. Anonymous Member

And what do we do with parasites who perpetrate fraud on a massive scale, people?
  10. Sonichu Moderator

Nothing that promotes illegal activity of course.
  11. Anonymous Member

#IOccupyBecause Mummy didn't give me enough attention.
  12. Anonymous Member

Obviously.
  13. xenubarb Member

Well, Kadaffi hired mercenaries to fight his domestic battles. It all depends on how the military and police depts. roll. Serve their masters, or the things they swore to protect?
  14. Anonymous Member

Elect them to political office?