Customize

I need some advice.

Discussion in 'Resources' started by Seleighe, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Seleighe Member

I need some advice.

Well, I'm going to my first raid this Saturday. Unfortunately, my guy fawkes mask is not set to arrive until next week. Do you think a pair of sunglasses, a hat and a suit would do for now?

Also, I'm taking the bus downtown. Should I wait till I'm a few blocks away from the church before I put everything on, or just wear everything on the way?
  2. Ogsonofgroo Member

Re: I need some advice.

Add a dust mask an' yer good to go!.
    And I'd think so on the second Q.
    Have fun and play safe an' smart!
  3. Anonymous Member

The "Read this first" forum has links to threads about staying anonymous, as does the "How-To" forum.

Almost any kind of mask is fine, except of course stuff like KKK hoods - it doesn't have to be a Guy Fawkes mask is the point. Hat, whig, sunglasses and dust mask will do fine.

And yes I would find a place to put it on and take it off - I wouldn't wear the same disguise all the way home.

more here:
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/303-read-first/hiding-your-identity-101-newfag-guide-43795/
    http://forums.whyweprotest.net/235-...surveillance-losing-tail-boris-korczak-30728/
  4. Anonymous Member

Goggles-Doggles.jpg
  5. Anonymous Member

If you're not sure or uncomfortable, wear whatever clothes you want. To conceal your identity sunnies :cool: + hat/cap + dustmask (or one of those similar things from the chemist) would do the trick, and you'd only need to whip the mask on when you got 'close' to the venue.
  6. Major Boyle Member

I'd mask up on the bus. It's entirely possible that Sci photofags will have their telephoto lenses out to try and snap pix of you as you arrive.
  7. Anonymous Member

Depends on local practicality.
    (in some places, buses/passengers and drivers don't mind masked men.
    in some places they do.
    Its helpful to be prepared for either case.)

Masked or unmasked, you can practice stealth-tech.
    Wear shapeless, non-distinctive outermost layers to your clothing
    right up until you arrive.

Cover your face while exiting the bus (with your hands/arms) and be cautious until you're a little more sure what's going on in the immediate surroundings.

_
    DO A DRY RUN, BEFORE THE ACTUAL RAID.

Pay a visit to the org's general location as a "civilian".
    Get some idea of what things you're likely to expect on the day when you're raiding.
    _

If you carry a backpack normally- get a different pack, or a completely different style of carryall for raid purposes. Wear different colors, patterns or shapes of clothing than you usually do.

Don't worry that you are missing "the mask". The point of mask-tech is for them to not know who you are, and not easily be able to figure it out. DO make it more complicated for them. :D
  8. Scythe Member

possible but unlikely, just make sure to not get off the bus in front of the org while waving your signs and shouting XENU and you'll be fine.
  9. Anonymous Member

Just don't wear the same kind of thing as on raid day. You just know paranoid scilons will hire private investigators to photograph everyone passing by the org in the weeks before the raid now. :-D