Customize

How to: What to do with cult materials.

Discussion in 'How To Instructions' started by ARC, Jan 22, 2009.

1. ARC Member

How to: What to do with cult materials.

So you collect cult materials from library sales, libraries giving them away as unwanted, online auctions, garage sales, etc. Or you've collected hundreds of The Way to Happiness booklets and DVDs from the public in a box.
    2d7hpqs.jpg

So what do you DO with the stuff?

Here are some ideas which have been applied successfully. If you want to add ideas, post here.

- Keep for the lulz.

- On Tottenham Court Road, London, build your OWN book fort to oppose the book fort in front of the Dianetics and Scientology store.

- Give the materials to Freezoners who'll use it outside the control of the cult.

- Keep several versions of the same book, and compare to prove "squirreling" by management. Bring to raids and show how passages went down the memory hole in a group which supposedly keeps LRH tech 100% standard and unchanging. KSW.

- For the DVDs, pamphlets and other lower-value items why not turn it into costumes? This will especially raise questions in public Scientologists who paid full retail price for those pamphlets, while the org earned money on it:
  2. Re: Cult materials: What to do with them?

Lol, I love it! Let's not forget to look for the stuff with paid return postage. :3 I am sure Scientology could use a box full of bricks, especially when they've already agreed to pay for it!
  3. Anonymous Member

4. Re: Cult materials: What to do with them?

If you have proper shooping skills, we've taken the same format of some pamphlets and fliers and re-worded them to fight against the cult, and handed them right back out to the public (or passing Scilons). This did wonders for us when Scientology failed to label us as a "hate group" in Santa Clara County.
  5. Lorelei Member

Re: Cult materials: What to do with them?

Go see ZUG: Sir John Hargreaves has a lot of tips on how to handle unwanted junk mail. :)
  6. 13Heathens Member

In the case of library rejects it could be fun to ask them to write up a not explaining that they don't accept unsolicited material, that there's not much demand for it etc, and deliver them to an org with the note...

(Understanding the humor in that requires an understanding of internal propaganda.. If you don't get the joke in there it's not my fault :p)
  7. Anonymous Member

^^ Don't give them back. They could just re-sell them then. Besides, libraries try to return the books, but the pubs orgs won't take them back.
  8. Re: How to: Dispose of Excess Cult Material

Annotate it and if it's from a rack, slip it back in so that the next person that picks it up is saved.

You get some lulz and you are saving someone else from the grief of being a scienologist.

Also, if it's not from a rack, slip it into a newspaper in a newsagents. Chances are someone will pick it up and see it. Maybe even find it funny.
  9. Adanon Member

Re: How to: Dispose of Excess Cult Material

Newsracks FTW

3284330480_62392128c6_o.jpg
  10. Re: How to: Dispose of Excess Cult Material

That is absolute genius!
  11. SwordSworn Member

Re: How to: Dispose of Excess Cult Material

the things I have done with Co$ books :p
  12. ARC Member

Re: Cult materials: What to do with them? From keeping for research to making garment

Moved from think tank to How-to, by popular demand. Or something like that.
  13. CBAnon Member

Re: How to: What to do with cult materials.

Hey! I didn't know my little stunt made it all the way here. But yeah, that pic is the chifags at work.
  14. Anonymous Member

hihi
  15. ARC Member

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/how-use-your-dianetics-dvd-54572/
  16. failboat Member

pickmeup-thumb-500x666.jpg
  17. Re: How to: What to do with cult materials.

2X bonus enturbulation points if that's powdered Methylphenidate.
  18. Anonymous Member

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/282-usa-east-coast/cincinnati-day-anon-tried-help-scientology-60609/
    captai10.jpg
  19. webkilla Member

so,... what happened then?

great idea though :p