Customize

How to spread understanding of 'repeat history'

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by FreedomToThink, Mar 22, 2008.

1. How to spread understanding of 'repeat history'

One huge standpoint of the CoS on many protest points is 'that shit was soooo many years, decades ago'

Anything they are guilty of then they are still doing now in some form or other, guaranteed, we didn't even need the recent events with Rorschach, Ath etc to occur, it was inevitable.

Their tactics are absolutely fundamental to their religion, they CAN NOT CHANGE,it would be "squirelling". Only LRH was allowed to change policy, and even then many wouldn't get the texts on changes till far later on in their training, so may be running on the originals.

Now LRH is dead, their policies CAN NOT CHANGE.

people need to be taught that truth somehow, how can this inevitability, this fundamental problem be conveyed to the general public?
  2. Lilanon Member

Re: How to spread understanding of 'repeat history'

I must ponder this.

My gut response would be "So was the holocaust, but you'd never dream of handing power back to the Nazis would you?"
  3. Re: How to spread understanding of 'repeat history'

Of course I'd meant to include :

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana, The Life of Reason or The Phases of Human Progress.

They make remembering their past forbidden, everything is vehemently denied to all, to till the end.
  4. southernstate Member

Re: How to spread understanding of 'repeat history'

First of all, I think the argument that it was "sooooo many years ago" is invalid in and of itself...most of this stuff that happened SO LONG AGO happened within the lifetimes of many of the people who post here and are in Anon. The '70s' are not ancient history. Yet the one instance of bullbaiting I saw (in CW at 2/10) a Scientologist said "Oh, you want to talk about guilty, what about the Catholic Church and the Inquisition?" That, my friends, ended about 200 years ago. 30 years ago pales in comparison.

They can't have it both ways: Operation Freakout being ancient history, but the Inquisition is still pertinent enough to use in your defense?