Customize

How to: Slogan

Discussion in 'How To Instructions' started by anyjane, Feb 10, 2009.

1. anyjane Member

How to: Slogan

Sometimes you literally have just seconds to get a person's attention. Signs and banners that are tl;dr have a good chance of getting glazed over.

But you need that attention and engagement.

Here's one example of how a topic and something that gets people's interest can be kept short, sweet and on target for the initial contact and get them to want more.

Topics: fair game and curiosity about the masks (paraphrased from old threads I can't find).

"People keep asking about the masks so I was thinking of making a sign asking if they want to know why I am wearing one. Good idea?"

Yes! This fits into Fair Game.

Proposed idea for sign:

"I am wearing a mask today. Would you like me to tell you more about it?"

Good, but that can lead to a yes/no dead end and it's still a lot of words. It can be parsed down further.

Suggestions from people:

"Ask me about my mask!"

"Why am I wearing this mask?"

And the second one goes worldwide.

-------------

Please add what you have seen work and not work.
  2. Fuckeye Member

Re: How to: Slogan

The mask one definitely works well around here.
    We've used a couple of variations on it, including:
    'Why the mask? Just ask.'
    'Ask me why I'm wearing a mask.'
    We tested out how well they worked through observation, and the people holding those signs had more people stop to talk to them than others in a given period of time.

Another we've seen that works well is 'Ask me why I'm protesting', or again variations similar to this.

Edit: This was all in a purely pedestrian area.
  3. cubby Member

Re: How to: Slogan

tl;dr can be okay in a crowd of passersby, but if you're hoping to communicate with passing cars you need way fewer words... preferably less than five or six, including any URLs