Customize

How to report copyright infringements to Disney

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LocalSP, Oct 7, 2009.

1. LocalSP Member

How to report copyright infringements to Disney

Awhile back Someone posted a postcard the CoS sent out using Disney property (Pirates of the Caribbean). I reported this to Disney. They finally sent me a confirmation email along with a address and phone number to report copyright infringment. See below:

Please feel free to use our email address (tips@disneyantipiracy.com) or
    our Antipiracy voice mail hotline, 818-560-3300, if you want to provide
    more information about the suspected infringement or to report a
    suspected infringement in the future.

Very truly yours,
    Antipiracy Group, Corporate Legal
    The Walt Disney Company
    500 South Buena Vista Street
    Burbank, CA 91521-0527
  2. El Diablo Member

Re: How to report copyright infringements to Disney

I <3 delicious irony.

Nice. :)
  3. Belladonna Member

I just came across that Pirates thread the other day. That was a while ago, wasn't it? How long did it take them to respond to you?

(I'm still waiting to hear from Sony about the Beatles song)
  4. Anonynamefag Member

<3 you guys.
  5. LocalSP Member

I just got the email yesterday.When I reported it, it was the day that pirate thread was started. So that was quite a while ago but I didn't have this email and I reported it to a corporate email for Disney. So it did get to the right people it just took a while.
  6. Anonymous Member

"How to report copyright infringements to Disney" is something they're teaching to kids in schools as early as the second grade.
  7. How do you anonymously report this? Studios talk about how serious piracy & copyright infringement is but provide no way to report it without giving your name, email or phone. There is no phone number you can call to report. We want to remain anonymous. I called Disney studios several times to report it. They don't know who you can talk to, and transfer you to a recorded message. The message lectures us how important copyright is, but gives NO live person or number to report.

So I guess studios really DON'T want to know who's using your material or you would give us a number to call.
  8. You tube requires name and contact info too. Otherwise anyone can claim anything.
  9. this look like infringement https://www.intelligentvc.co.uk/seo/