Customize

how to recognize if someone is a scientologist?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by prot, Feb 25, 2009.

1. prot Member

how to recognize if someone is a scientologist?

a person wrote in the Polish section with an important question and i think you will be able to answer better than me, so this is a translation of the question:

I will translate your answers in the original thread: http://forums.whyweprotest.net/250-...j-cie-do-polski-newsweek-pl-31549/#post760982
  2. Bobbyc Member

Re: how to recognize if someone is a scientologist?

If they have sex for pleasure they are not a scientologist.
  3. Anonymous Member

"high doses of vitamins and minerals, including niacin"

The Scientologists' dubious detox program. - By Amanda Schaffer - Slate Magazine

says "let's take a closer look at the regimen itself. The central premise—as codified by the late L. Ron Hubbard and repeated to me, almost verbatim, by Dr. A. Kwabena Nyamekye, the associate medical director of the downtown clinic—is as follows: Toxic substances (including pollutants, pesticides, and various pharmaceuticals) are stored largely in the body's fatty tissues. Detoxification is thus made possible by "mobilizing" fat reserves—that is, by releasing portions of stored fat that contain dissolved toxins—into the bloodstream, and then eliminating these toxins, mainly through sweating. In order to "unleash" fats, participants take increasing doses of niacin (up to a whopping 3,500 mg to 5,000 mg per day), along with other vitamins and minerals such as calcium and magnesium. They ingest two daily tablespoonfuls of oil (a blend of soy, walnut, peanut, safflower, and evening primrose oils) to replace the fats that have been mobilized and to maintain weight: Advocates are clear that weight-loss is not to occur. Participants also spend a half an hour jogging, followed by two-and-a-half to five hours in a sauna (while drinking ample water), to eliminate contaminants through sweat. The program generally runs seven days a week for three to four weeks, or until the patient no longer "feels the effects of past drugs or chemicals" and reports a "marked resurgence of overall sense of well-being." That is the model regimen, at least."

So huge doses of niacin, some calcium and magnesium? (BTW: anybody taking huge doses of niacin needs to stop. It's not a good idea.)

But to be honest it is probably easiest just to ask them if they would recommend reading Dianetics. If they say yes...
  4. pooks Member

If they are a Scientologist they will be slamming psychiatry and the use of "mind altering drugs". They will tell you that psychiatry is behind all the evil in the world.

There are a lot of nuts that hate modern medicine and push the use of vitamins, but the Scios have a particular hard on for the psychs.
  5. indeedindeed Member

I found a german page Das Scientology-Reinigungsprogramm: Medikamentenmißbrauch und Angst-Werbung according to which Niacin (vitamin B3), vitamin B, vitamin B1 and vitamin C are in use. Vitamin A, D and E are mentioned as well.

Not necessarily, there are also other groups that promote "miraculous" vitamins.

If you don't mind that person finding out that you want to know, you can simply ask him: "Are you a Scientologist?" The answer may be true. Or: "What do you think of L. Ron Hubbard?"
    He might also be listed at

Scientology's Stats Are Down

But this is not a proof either way.

Another question you may ask: "What do these vitamins do?" if the answer is along the lines of "Your body is cleansed from drugs" it may well be Scientology, if that person says "You can cure cancer with these vitamins" or other extreme claims he may be from another group.
  6. incog712 Member

First, simply ask him/her. If they say yes, or more commonly, "I'm not a scientologist.... but...." then yes, there's a good chance that they're a scientologist.

Otherwise maybe read OTIII outloud to them and see what happens.
  7. Mutante Member

Look for a barcode under the left eyelid.

Also, fucking huge holes in their finances.
  8. RightOn Member

LOL!!!!
  9. Re: how to recognize if someone is a scientologist?

EVERYBODY IS A SCIENTOLOGIST
    I AM
    TRUST NOBODY

NOW, FETCH ME SOME HORSE DOOVERS, I'M HUNGERED.
  10. RightOn Member

See if they grimace if you say Hubbard was a con.
    Throw a Way To Happiness pamplet in the trash and see if they pounce on it to pull it out of the trash
    Badmouth Cruise
    See if they say hip hip horray over and over at any celebration
    Hand them some clay and see what they make with it
    Hand them an ashtray and tell them it refuses to listen to you any more.
    Offer them to buy the Brookly Bridge for a really good deal
    Ask them if birds fly?
    Look for purple hands
  11. none given Member

Check for the "TR-0 stare". Once you know it it's easy to see.
  12. Relyt Member

If he talks about taking large doses of niacin, exercising, and sweating out the body's toxins... chances are he's either a Scientologist, or thinks their methods of "alternative medicine" works. I know someone who is roommates with someone who uses Scientology's methods, but is not a Scientologist.
  13. Re: how to recognize if someone is a scientologist?

Good chance he's just an alt-medicine junkie. He might even slam psychiatry as a waste of money and useless, doing more harm, etc, and not be a $cilon. Just ask what church he goes to, or make a subject like "I've been going to XX but I'm not sure, I've been looking for something new because the XX is bad"...

see if he says anything like "Well we go to the Baptist/Methodist/Jedi church and we..." not a $cilon. Could not anwser and be athiest. But $cilons might be more prone to try and pull you in.
  14. Zak McKracken Member

Ok.

How do you tell if a DENTIST is a Scientologist?
    (or a dental assistant, or someone working in the overall support of dentistry)

Dentists do procedures that cause tremendous pain, all the time. They prescribe drugs to remedy this pain; they administer drugs, too. It's really hard to avoid doing that, because its part of their job. Obviously there would be some tension between this practice and Scientology doctrine, but there must be some way for them to reconcile their belief in the evils of "psych drugs" with their medical oath to "do no harm".

Dental scilons exist. How can we spot them?
    (Wondering both about: dentists, and other office staff they have hanging around)
    How can you tell? Aside from obvious (copies of Dianetics, creepy talk, etc)

Anyone had any experience with this?
  15. Anonymous Member

Dentists are often members of WISE, if that's any help.
  16. pardmepard Member

LOL

Reading your post is like scanning the funnies on a Sunday for a good laugh with a cup of coffee : )

17. FreakE420 Member

65.jpg
  18. anon1917 Member

DISREGARD- I SUCK COX.

(my post here was balls- disregard.)
  19. gosc Member

All right. I started this topic in the Polish section. Though you almost convinced me this person is NOT a scientologyst I guess I should give some further explanation.

This person is taking some strange vitamins as I said ago and he doesn't want to take ANYTHING else no matter what he wants to cure. He got rid of any other medicine he got at home.

Fortunately, I bought some of his "miracle vitamins" and if there is niacin in them, these are only small amounts. However, some ingredients are described as "something of something" and I don't have the faintest idea what role they play (it reminds me cartoons where an old hug is mixing something in a big pot and adds something like "dried eye of a cat" ;]).

Well...the question is should I feel lucky or more worried? If it's not scientology it may be something as sick and I know at least WHAT scientology IS.

The next thing made me worried was that this person was practising some strange phsychological stuff. I was worried it was this Hubbard's stuff. However I managed to discover that it was "Neuro-linguistic programming". This is as sick but at least not harmful ;]

And the worst thing. I can understand you believe in miracle vitamins. Buy them and use them. But this person is going on some fu**ing meeting every...I don't know- month at least. All "users" are gathering together and they're talking and so on and so forth. That's what I'm most worried about. You know- this person convinced some other people I know and one of them is going 100 miles(!) to be on every meeting. That's strange to me.

Oh, I quite like the idea with saying something like "Hubbard's a jerk" or "Did you know that these crazy scientologists are going to...". This may be crazy idea but if this change in the eyes of this person appears, it says a lot.
  20. j0eg0d Member

If your Illinois city sewer system is backed up with placentas; then you know you have a Scientologist.
  21. ChefXenu Member

If he's playing with "Neuro-linguistic programming" then you can be reasonably certain he is NOT a scientologist. This would be considered "other practices" and completely unacceptable by the Orgs.
  22. gosc Member

Ok...so regard him as a "just another harmless crazy man", yep?

You made me calm. Thx