Customize

How to make a stress test cart pack up using a few people (Cult Watch!)

Discussion in 'Flash Raids' started by stuwyatt, Apr 21, 2008.

1. unidentified Member

Re: Plymouth, UK: How to make a stress test cart pack up using one person (Cult Watch

It is possible to get legal aid for libel cases though. The UK spends more on legal aid, per capita, than any other 'country' in the world
  2. stuwyatt Member

Re: Plymouth, UK: How to make a stress test cart pack up using one person (Cult Watch

Its also very interesting when someone enturbulates them who has very little to lose. I've been on disability benefits for 2.5 years now, and all of my assets/savings have long since disappeared. By suing me, they would give me a large soapbox whereby I would be in a position to really shout out about the cult's crimes. I would also represent myself in court, as I like a good argument face-to-face with someone. Its what I do best.

The worse case scenario is that I lose, and either £1 per week is taken out of my disability benefits for the next billion years, or (worse case legal scenario) I am sent to jail - but imagine how the media could spin this? It would severely backfire on the cult.

Re: prison, I'm in no fear of being looked after in a room, having someone to prepare my meals, having 24 hour medical care, people to talk to etc. etc. etc. In fact, compared to how my life can be sometimes, prison sounds preferable to living on my own lol.

Anyway - I'm still alive (I've had PM's asking me to check in). No news is good news, and just means that Im R&R'ing... I have a couple of anons who are checking up on me a few times each day.

Thanks everyone for your amazing support and 'get well' messages ;)
    I love you all
    xxx
  3. An0nYm0use Member

CoS cannot be THAT stupid... well maybes :/
  4. Ten Tigers Member

Love ya', man... Be good to yourself.
  5. Re: Plymouth, UK: How to make a stress test cart pack up using one person (Cult Watch

We're not sure it's possible to rule more than you, stu!
  6. stuwyatt Member

UK libel laws can also be major footbullets. There have been a few libel cases in the past where Mr.A says something about Mr.B. Mr.B sues Mr.A, and Mr.A loses as they cannot prove the claims. Mr.A then counter-sues Mr.B, thus making Mr.B have to prove that the claims are untrue (Mr.B is now on the defensive).

Damn - does this post make sense? Maybe a legal eagle (or a 3 year old blind deaf mute with no fingers) can explain it better...
  7. anonymous1312 Member

Actually the more I think about it the more I believe this needs to change too. hmmm.
  8. unidentified Member

No I'm sorry, but libel is the right way round. If you've read the case law you'd understand quite why it is how it is. I'm not the best at explaining, but I'll try my best.

Say stu was married. I print something saying 'Stu cheated with mystery woman!!'. Stu decides to sue me for liable.

As I'm the one damaging his good character I now need to prove that he is actually cheating. I must at least have some evidence otherwise why would I have ever come out with it? I only need to prove this to the civil standard (ie more likely than not).

If it was the other way around stu would have to prove that he wasn't cheating to win his case. Now how do you prove that you're not cheating on someone? You could map out your day, but are you likely to have an alibi for the entire of the day every day? Certainly you could get up and say 'I'm not cheating', but that's just your word.

In situations like that the accuser MUST thus prove what he's saying, because it's near impossible for the other side to prove it's not correct. Theoretically if you have proof of what you're saying then you should never worry about saying something. If you don't have proof then should you really be saying something that could rob someone of their career and family based on nothing? I don't think you should.

There are some exceptions to what I've said above, but generally that's why the law's the way it is - and I have to say I agree with it.

@stuwyatt - Either I don't understand your example or you're wrong. You can't counter-sue on the same issue you can only appeal. If it goes to appeal the burden doesn't flip - partly because at appeal you wont be looking at that issue any more anyway as appeals are usually only allowed on points of law anyway.
  9. Re: Plymouth, UK: How to make a stress test cart pack up using one person (Cult Watch

In the US, it's a least a little more sensible... I remember a funny case.

Apple had called the PowerMac 7500 by an internal code name "Carl Sagan". (Or was that 7200? I'm pretty sure it was 7500). Anyway, Carl Sagan found out about the internal code name, sued, and Apple changed the name.

Then Apple changed the name to "BHA", which stands for "butt headed astronomer." Carl Sagan sued again. The court ruled that as Apple is not an authority on Astronomoers, they hold no position in astronomy journals, and their comment had nothing to do with astronomy but instead was a personal tort, he couldn't sue.

Does that make this a buttbullet?

10. unidentified Member

There's a similar thing in UK law in that the claimant must show, as a matter of course, that someone thought less of them due to the libel. We don't have pecuniary damages like you do so they can only win back what they've lost anyway. If nobody was affected at all by the libel then you win nothing.

There's also a lot of ADR (Advanced Dispute Resolution) within the UK that people don't see and that you get punished for if you don't pursue before court. In some cases of libel, for example, this may include a simple apology.
  11. stuwyatt Member

The case Im thinking of I heard about either via Punch (satirical mag) or a TV show "Who's line is it anyway", it was from a few years ago. I may have misunderstood what I heard at the time, as Im no legal eagle. The fact I cant place the story means that I probably fucked up.

In any case, as I stated earlier, I have no assets (even the scooter is owned by the Royal British Legion), and very little to fear from any legal outcome. Im having so much fun at the moment, and compared to what my life was like pre-Feb, would not change anything for the world.

The relapse seems to be easing a bit now... Im probably going to do a bit of Sci hunting tomorrow. Hohum.
  12. unidentified Member

Oh I wouldn't suggest you do anything, but what you're doing at the moment (except be slightly weary of the issue I brought up via PM). I can tell you one thing though, if you ever do meet a court room you'll be doing so with a gang of handpicked legalanon's keen to offer some pro-bono.
  13. stuwyatt Member

:)

Re: the issue you bought up in PM, Im not sure if I replied to you directly (I got swamped by them during the relapse), but thank you! Your worries were duly noted and have been acted upon.

Its nice knowing that so many people have my back... It gives me the courage to charge forward ;)

x
  14. martinpoulter Member

When I referred to it being the wrong way round, I meant that, rather than seeing UK libel law as giving an advantage to Anonymous over CoS, the reverse is true. IANAL BTW. Various people I've met in the area of civil liberties are concerned about the law's chilling effects on free speech, and there has even been the publicised recent case of a UK judge ordering the pulping of a book in the US. I understand that, at least at the time of Jon Atack's libel case (mid-90s) it was not possible to get Legal Aid for libel cases- this may have changed since them.

So is it not the case that UK libel laws are the toughest on defendants of any, or is the implication that all the other countries have got it wrong?

Oops! Looks like YANAL either.
  15. stuwyatt Member

GOOD NEWS

We're back in action and stepping it up a gear.

The relapse hit me severely (chronic nerve pain throughout the body & loss of strength and dexterity)... but with the help of a bit of herbal R&R, it seems to be easing. Im going to be out in action either today (if weather holds up) or tomorrow... even if it is just for an hour or two.

We have a new url - Anonymous in Plymouth » Project Chanology

JJ (who was seen on a few of the vids) has just purchased a wheelchair which he is going to customise into a Marcabian 'Cult Watch' killdozer rapid-persuit vehicle. It was his birthday yesterday by the way ;)

We have new signs and flyers. We are building a region-wide network, and are contacting shop holders and councils wherever we hear that the org sets their cart up.

We have 2-3 good quality miniDV camcorders (with 1000x digital zooms), a wired hidden camera recording system, a paraboilic microphone, and a megaphone.

So give us a little while to get organised, but like I said, we are going to step it up a notch.

Normal service will resume shortly.....

;)
    x

[Edit] Could a mod please change the title from 'one person' to 'a handful of people'... I am just a cog in the marcabian fleet now. :)
  16. Ten Tigers Member

Glad you're feeling better, Stu. This next phase... Fooking awesome!!! Rock on!!
  17. SR Member

Add my mindv to the list of cams filming. Hopefully i will be able to make it down for a few of the cart pickets instead of just the monthly protests.

Anyway Good news about you feeling better stu.
  18. stuwyatt Member

I pre-emptively did already lol. Yours was the '-3' part of my post... ;)

[if you are who I think you are] - I forget faces/masks/names/monikers.

x
  19. Mister Earl Member

I've a suggestion for your CultWatch machine of Cult Doom: Ever see those construction vehicles that have that rotating yellow light they flip on whenever they move something heavy or dangerous? Maybe you could mount one of those on your epic ride, and flip it on whenever you get a cart to close up shop and head back to roost.
  20. unidentified Member

Right to Free Speech vs Right to Privacy is such a Defamation hot-potato at the moment it's almost cliché. It's a balance. Yes the balance has shifted towards right to privacy recently, but that is only because the right to privacy was barely protected at all pre-HRA.

It didn't change until 2000 IIRC (and then was only really crystalised until the McLibel ECJ case in 2005).

Well UK libel law is practically identical to that of other EU states AFAIK so it is at least arguable that most countries are closer to the UK version than the US. Remember in most cases the courts will be dealing with a civil burden of proof rather than criminal so it's not as hard to defend what you say as you may think.

Lol been very busy recently and standards have dropped lol. I'll choose not to answer that question so as to keep as anon as possible - though my previous reply to stuwyatt should give you a clue :whistle:
  21. stuwyatt Member

Re: Plymouth, UK: How to make a stress test cart pack up using a few people (Cult Wat

I'm not going to bury my head in legalities at the moment... I just do not have the energy to process it all. All I know is that I am doing morally right things, with good convictions and genuine empathy. I may tread on the toes of a few laws while doing this, but it would be very hard to spin me as an evil criminal in a court room.

Because I have very little to lose (I've been in a kind of social prison for 2.5 years - stranded in a council flat is prison of sorts, and have only just received day release in the form of the scooter)... I'm also ex-military, and prison can no way be as bad as basic training...

The potential incriminations from the law are as follows:

Fine: I have no money, few assets (none worth fighting over)... The maximum amount is already being taken out of my benefits by the waterboard nazi's (bill from old address)... so the CoS would have to fight with South-West Water for a share of the £17.50 per week that is being deducted.

Community Service: I can't. I'm ill. I'm registered disabled at the highest mobility level.

Probation: Nope. You have to show remorse for that. I have none.

Suspended sentence: ... will only stop me protesting for the duration of the trial.

...which leaves....

Prison:... as I stated earlier, at least in prison, I would have 3 square meals a day, 24 hour healthcare access, people to talk to, activities etc. It actually sounds quite preferable to life at the moment ;)

I know my morals are good. I know I'm doing all of this with good intentions. Any legal attack on me would severely backfire, as I would jump up and down and make a shit load of noise about it. It would also open up avenues of communication with the cult... and I would severely enturbulate their thoughts... Then there is the media. I don't mind being a total open book... I have nothing to hide.

I also know about the ultimate possibility too:

R245: I have a neurological illness that is getting progressively worse. Its not fun at times, but at the same time, there are worse things to be ill with. While I have absolutely zero thoughts of going 'end-cycle' before my time, I've totally done the whole fear-of-death thing during last years relapses, and it doesn't phase me one bit.

What I'm trying to say is that I feel 100% compelled to follow my heart and instincts, and it seems to be working. I'm living again, and living more than I have ever done in my 35 years on this planet. I am inspiring people, and people are inspiring me... and it feels fucking great guys.

I thought my life had ended before Feb.

Who'd have thought that it hadn't even started to begin yet?

"SCIENTOLOGY SAVED MY LIFE" <--- If I ever do a full-on documentary, that will be title. It is so true, but sadly, not in the way that LRH had intended.

You guys too have saved my life. I've just come out of a week-long heavy relapse... and you know what? I was smiling all the way through it (that has NEVER happened before). I did not feel alone...

Thanks guys. I owe you all a beer/joint.
    xxx
  22. Re: Plymouth, UK: How to make a stress test cart pack up using a few people (Cult Wat

*gives you a huge, bone-crushing hug*
    I am definitely going to go protesting with you at some point, and none of this rubbish about owing us a beer. I'll buy you the whole damn bar. Believe me, you deserve it. If/when we win this, and we have a hall of heroes, you'll be the first one there.
    *hugs again*
  23. Anonvox Member

Re: Plymouth, UK: How to make a stress test cart pack up using a few people (Cult Wat

Fuck the bar. I'm gonna give the man so many 'herbal painkillers' from the Emerald Triangle that he'll never feel an ounce of pain ever again...ever.

Miscavige is the person who should have cronic pain, not Stu.

That is, of course, why ANON DELIVERS
  24. Ten Tigers Member

Stu, you are the fucking MAN!!

Hang tough, brother.
  25. An0nYm0use Member

you need to display this image prominently on your site

[IMG]
  26. Re: Plymouth, UK: How to make a stress test cart pack up using a few people (Cult Wat

Stu,

Just had to add my voice to the multitudes offering encouragement. Every time I watch one of your videos, I'm amazed on so many levels:

First, the production values are great - every thing is so well edited, and you make excellent use of subtitles to expand on or clarify what was said. And I absolutely loved the vid where one of the protesters was reading the OT3 story - overdubbing it with (what I assume was) NASA mission audio was simply genius.

Second, Amazing background music! I assume most of it is your own work. Do you have an album available?

Finally, and most importantly, the humanity of it. There's plenty of Anon videos featuring protesters making fun of the Scilons, making them look stupid. I watch your videos and come away knowing that you really care for the people trapped in the cult. I can understand why the Scilons are afraid to talk to you - You engage in conversation, break through the brainwashing, and get them to be a person again, even just for a short time. The seeds that are planted will bear fruit. You remind them that there is a world outside of Scientology, and that world has some truly decent people in it.

Yes, we all want Scientology as an organization to come crashing down under the weight of it's own corruption. It will happen, and I believe it will happen soon. But a lot of real people will be caught in the collapse, and will have to see the destruction of the one thing they believed in. A lot of people are going to need a lot of help.

To be honest, this post has really wandered off of where I had planned on going. I started typing and thinking and my typing just kinda followed wherever my mind went. I need to just think for a bit. But to touch back to my point, Stu - Great job engaging them as people, rather than as just more cogs in a faceless organization. I think that in doing so, you remind them that they are people, and not just cogs.

Way to KAW - Keep Anonymous Working. Can't wait to see the Cult-Watch Killdozer - which should definitely have a spinning yellow light - and I hope you do manage to put together the "Scientology Saved My Life" documentary.
  27. Anonhopeful Member

God Stu you are possibly tired of hearing it but what your doing is amazing

what is equally amazing is how something that is doing so much good and helping us in our activism is also filling you with a sense of drive and purpose its great to hear how it has effected you.

p.s. if gay marriage is legal (im too lazy to look it up) then im almost certainly going to change my sexuality and propose to you....
  28. Spangly Member

hopeful:

1) Technically it's "civil partnership" in the UK, but virtually everyone calls it "gay marriage".

2) I saw him first :p
  29. stuwyatt Member

Thanks everyone ;)

BTW - I may actually be 'spoken for' before too long... my life has become very interesting lately (THANK YOU KARMA)... so thanks for all the proposals, but I will have to decline for now... ;)

Re: "Scientology Saved My Life" idea, its kind of stolen from a Steve-O vid that I saw a while back entitled 'PCP Saved My Life' - where he spent a weekend (off camera) on a huge angeldust binge, and as the video says, it changed his life. Interesting viewing if you are an insomniac like me.

The music on the vids are either my own work, or collaborations with other artists... and I have the full rights to use them. I do not want to use copyrighted stuff on the vids, as that could give the cult an excuse to flag the videos. Up until now, they have featured film-score stuff that I have composed/recorded and an improv concert with a great saxophonist (Bastian Fiebig). There is an incomplete archive of my stuff (mostly live looping electric violin impro's) at a friends site Index of /solostring that you are free to download/use/remix/share/rehost etc.

Enjoy!
  30. anonangl Member

Thanx Stu, even though my video will be in American Sign Language for the deaf I'll probably use it for background if any hearing individuals wanna watch. I'll also be putting a full transcript in the description. Something I wanted to ask is if any of y'all knew anyone that knows British Sign Language who could do a video. From what I've learned ASL and BSL are very different. I'll be doing mine after the protest on the 10th due to a recent move. Also, sounds like congrats are in order Stu, I'm so happy for you.
    Angl
  31. stuwyatt Member

Cult Watch is back in operation guys :)

JJ and I did a couple of hours worth of picketing... handed out a lot of fliers and spoke to a lot of people. Someone called the police, but we were allowed to continue protesting (I just had to stop using and abusing the megaphone). We were also told that we were protesting within the boundaries of the law... and that the stress test cart had to keep moving under the pedlars license (which Sandra and Tim both have apparently)....

Enjoy!

YouTube - Cult Watch Plymouth: May 2nd 2008 - Stu & JJ (Scientology)
  32. unidentified Member

I love the comment from the female police officer at the end! She clearly was going to try to stop you protesting earlier on and got slapped down by her superior 'I just had to... had to find out....the law' ROFL.
  33. Anonereign Member

It seems balls of steel also allow you to stop Napoleonic police forcing you to stop legally protesting. I just love the scilon coming over at the end.
  34. prot Member

good to see you back in shape dear :flowers:
    and welcome JJ! :)
  35. nistic Member

awsome video is awsome
  36. Anon1720 Member

Stu,

I am proud to be connected to you by association!!!!!! You do us all proud!
  37. aluminumcanoe Member

I am only sorry we didn't get to see the Scilons' reaction when they realized that the mobile unit brigade has doubled. Now you just need a lawnmower motor on JJ's chair. ::vroom::
  38. stuwyatt Member

The 'JJ lead' works quite well... We managed to get it up to 8mph, and was akin to waterskiing (he was able to go faster by zig/zagging)... expect some stunts over the forthcoming months ;)

It didnt record well (plus I didnt know the legalities of uploading the conversation between Sandra and the police)... but she was complaining about us videoing them and uploading the videos to youtube. The intelligent PC that I spoke to at the end informed her that she was in a public place, and that I was 100% in my legal right to film her.

[Edit] I forgot too... Ryan told the police that they had received 10 telephone calls from us asking where the cart is... :facepalm: .... we phoned once (look! Its on film!)... and are quite happy to provide phone records to prove that was the sole call (JJ hardly had any credit).

SANDRA WAS NOT AMUSED....

....lol....

Sandra, Ryan and Tim all ignored my pleas to ask Dorothy West (local OT8) to seek medical attention and advice over possible asbestosis.

All in all, it was a nice win day... but I know JJ is hurting (just been chatting to him on IRC) and today hasn't done me any favours either. Need to chill me thinks....

[Edit] Please may I add that I read every single PM, and every single post. Im sorry if I dont/cant reply to everyone... Im overloaded on here and youtube. Thank you for all your advice, suggestions, insider-info, legal info, past experience, support and just everything.

I'd just like to thank everyone for being a part of this... as without you, there would be no this to write about. All of my information is gleaned from Enturb first... You guys provide so much info, advice and news etc... Its a place I can trust... and it is the source of inspiration for everything that is happening in Plymouth at the moment.

So thanks guys :)
  39. anonymous1312 Member

Per comment in other forum. I worked for MCI on their inter-company call billing auditing system as a developer. I know the data will exist that can disprove their claim and so any legal claims of this nature will be met with demands for proof. Caller ID protection means only the recipient doesn't see your number if you seriously think those calls are anonymous you are mistaken. Likewise you cannot claim to get calls you have not received because the records will show every call received as well as made. :grin: Digital systems are so cool.
  40. AnonLover Member

Stu your are one amazing dude & a monumental inspiration to me personally and i absolutely LoveLoveLOVE what your doing - so much so your gonna be prominently featured in my new blog before the weekend is over (see link in sig). keep up the fine work & rock on! (BigHugs from across the pond)