Customize

"How to get your video's audio back after being disabled by YouTube"

Discussion in 'How To Instructions' started by Relyt, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Relyt Member

"How to get your video's audio back after being disabled by YouTube"

I apologize if this has been posted before, but someone just linked me this video on YouTube which explains how to dispute a copyright claim. The copyright "claims" are basically automated by an algorithm which detects songs owned by certain music groups.

Video explanation:

Text explanation:
    1. Go to "My Account" on YouTube.
    2. Click on the link that appears only if you have videos that contain copyrighted material.
    3. There will be a link in the lower part of the page that says "I want to learn more about the dispute process". Click that.
    4. Go to the right and click on the link that says "I have a valid reason to dispute this claim. Take me to the dispute form."
    5. You'll see three options. Click the second one, which basically says that you have copyrighted material that can be considered as fair use by law.
    6. In the box underneath the option that says to write a brief explanation, copy this:
    Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.
    7. There will be another box at the bottom, where you will copy the exact text it tells you to beneath the box.
    8. When you are done, submit the information, and confirm it on the next page.

I just tried this on one of my old videos, and will check it later to see if it worked.
  2. kozyshack Member

Re: "How to get your video's audio back after being disabled by YouTube"

It does work. These are two of Sparrow's videos that previously had the audio removed until they were fix't by the above method.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GaoJPEDyiA&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - 89.0 Anonymous Scientology Protest[/ame]
  3. i'mglib Member

Cool, I'm trying it now.

Now, does anyone know how I can get back my video that was taken down for inappropriate content (Swearing? It's the one with AO and Barb being manhandled by the guards at Gold. Not the really graphic one, the one of the aftermath, and RIF, ahem, using a little colorful language).

Also, how about uploading something that's 11 minutes and 40 seconds. I guess that's not possible any more?
  4. anon0004 Member

tried it with all my vids, let´s see if it works

[UPDATE]

Worked for all my muted videos, a Winrar is you.

JidhzX7gqpf9xlfbFyK9cdCPo1_400.jpg
  5. Relyt Member

The only way you can upload something longer than 11 minutes is to either be a partner, or have enough channel views to be a partner but not necessarily accepting partnership. Also if you have a Director's channel on YouTube, but I'm not sure if there's a process you have to go through on that one in order to upload large video files.

I think you can also pay to upload HD if you run a simple channel with little channel views.
  6. Skeptic1337 Member

Grandfathered accounts if you can get a hold of one (chances of that are nil).
  7. Anonymous Member

Of course you shouldn't make frivolous counter-claims. If your video has mostly the copyrighted music in the video, you shouldn't do this thing. But the copyrighted music is just incidental to the audio, or that it has been mis-identified, then you can do this.
  8. Anonymous Member

If your whole video has just copyrighted music as the audio track, you can replace the audio with some of YouTube's licensed music. Just find something with a similar length to your video in their replacement music library.
  9. Relyt Member

YouTube's library is pure crap.
  10. Relyt Member

Well, I must be extremely unlucky, because I did this three days ago to one of my earliest videos, and it still has the audio on mute.