Customize

How to: Get Rid of a Post/Thread

Discussion in 'How To' started by Durga, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Durga Member

Did you make a thread about how to be a hacker, and subsequently realize that that does not belong here? Or maybe you imported drama from some other network. Maybe some idiot is posting about chem-trails in the Chanology section. Whatever the reason, if you want a thread deleted all you need to do is to click the little report button at the bottom of the post, and leave a short note for the mods explaining why you would like the post/thread deleted.

That's it!
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Ogsonofgroo Member

Very simple, report your own thread, then bend over and take it like a (insert favorite animal here).
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Dragononymous Member

Now the only think left is a How to: Edit Thread first message after weeks
  4. Miranda Member

Use the report button to contact a mod to do it for you, if it's an important edit.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Loki's spawn Member

Worm!
    • Like Like x 5
  6. Anonymous Member

The Beautiful Wonderful Mods helped me out with my sign making thread when I couldn't edit a post anymore. I asked for a change and they delivered. All I did was explain my situation in the report button and presto!!! <3 <3 <3
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Durga Member

Flattery does not affect mod performance.
  8. Anonymous Member

Disclaimer: this method only works for your own threads, not threads created by others.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Miranda Member

I beg to differ!
  10. Durga Member

While reporting threads for deletion that aren't your own won't guarantee something getting deleted, it does help us identify problem threads that may require deletion, doming, or edits. When in doubt, report instead of complaining in the thread.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Or just use your brain, lurk till your eyes bleed, and think before you make a thread... I hear it works and it helps a whole fuckton for you gods mods.

Edit: The name of the thread also mentions how to delete a post. As long as you don't post anonymously, you can self delete your own posts. Now, if you do post anonymously then you got no choice but to report your post. Just explain and be polite. Acting like an asshole gets you nowhere.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

What's that got to do with deleting all the threads relevant to Herro?