Customize

How shall I make my mask better?

Discussion in 'How To Instructions' started by KryTo, Jan 24, 2009.

1. KryTo Member

How shall I make my mask better?

Anyone suggestions to make a V mask better? Bigger mouth holes or nose holes? and how should i go about making said adjustments
  2. BTANONNYC Member

Re: How shall I make my mask better?

why do you need to change it
  3. TheEmoAnon Member

put a dildo on the top of it :D
  4. Obama Member

put it in your ass to break it in faster
  5. Re: How shall I make my mask better?

are you going to let him have yours
  6. whosit Member

black face?
  7. TheEmoAnon Member

No I want to keep mine thank you.
  8. lululz Member

You can have mine but it's a bit worn out.
  9. cubby Member

i found that a small pair of manicure scissors worked well for enlarging the mouth, eyes, and nostrils, and double-sided tape and make-up sponges worked well to pad the inside of mask.
  10. ARC Member

Many people carefully use a sharp scalpel or X-Acto knife to shave the mouth and nose hole a little bigger. Makes it easier to breathe, less fogging, and you are heard better.

If you want to go for nightmare mode, you could cut the part directly below the mouth off so you can articulate it by sticking the lower part on your face.
  11. KryTo Member

Thanks ill see if i have a x-acto around anywhere
  12. Re: How shall I make my mask better?

lol i'll give him my anal beads

xjellyanalbeadsia6ib609za4.jpg
    [IMG]

put this on your mask
  13. tazor Member

There used to be a really good thread on here about modding your mask. I can't find it now.

One guy used a wood burner to open up the nose holes and make the mouth a little bigger for better ventilation. He had pictures. I did this to mine. Just be careful and take your time. Sand off any black bits left from burning with an emory board or sand paper.

Bigger padding on the forehead and cheeks inside the mask so you can wear glasses under your mask rather then on top of it. The padding also helps keep your glasses from fogging up. Maxi pads were used as they have a sticky strip and you could cut them to fit. They soak up perspiration very well too. The downside is they have to be taped where you've cut them or you get little fibers all over your face and they don't smell very good. :( I now use rolled up and sewn pieces of towels with velcro. That way I can just throw them in the washing machine.

If you want to wear glasses on the outside you have to make holes for the ear pieces to fit through.

I cut those flimsy glasses the optometrist gives you when he dialates your eyes to fit on the inside of my mask so my eyes look black. I taped them on with duct tape and they have lasted months and months. Plus they are built in sunglasses.

I also tied a knot in the strap so the mask fits a little tighter.

One guy had posted pictures of how he articulated the bottom of his mask. It involves getting two masks and cutting the bottom off of both and then hinging the bottom onto one. Maybe if he's still around he could re-post the whole procedure? It looked really nice and he could be understood a lot better when he talked.

I also cut the forehead down quite a bit so I could wear a hat in some comfort. I cut down each side of the mask since it was too big for my face. I just used some good scissors for this and was careful doing it.

Hope some of these suggestions helped you!
  14. lululz Member

^Protip: Use NEW maxi pads.
  15. tazor Member

Oh, NOW you tell me!!!
  16. Re: How shall I make my mask better?

but for real take a thumbtack and pock holes all over the like this

picture047uf4.jpg
    [IMG]

it helps to stay nice an cool....
  17. Sailor Venus Member

Some of these were mentioned, but anyways:

- Make eyes, nose, and mouth bigger with scalpel or exacto knife
    - Get some foam and cut bigger spacers. Put one on the forehead and one on each cheek
    - Replace crappy elastic strap (find something wider)
    - Wear a headband <-- HUGE HELP
  18. King Nerd Member

See bolded part. Then look at my penis. I won't go into details.
  19. Delta Member

Maybe you guys should send an e-mail or something to the company that makes those masks that tells them to make the holes bigger by default since it appears that a lot of us think they are manufactured too small.
  20. KryTo Member

Well its a Halloween mask your not really suppose to not take it off and scream at the top of your lungs "KILL THE CULT"
  21. King Nerd Member

No fucking way! I've been doing Halloween wrong then. :(
  22. Re: How shall I make my mask better?

Blood

[IMG]
  23. KryTo Member

Y so Srs?
  24. Anon_1HG Member

IIRC it was called Pimp my Mask in the How To sub forum. I'm not seeing it either
  25. Optimisticate Member

Wear it.
  26. KryTo Member

I can has mask?
  27. Re: How shall I make my mask better?

so i just seen my mask on there
    http://anonymous-is-a-hategroup.blogspot.com/2009/01/tom-cruise-terri
    i have copyrights on that im suing Tom Newton you here me Tom im suing you

I'll see you in court Mr.Newton
  28. King Nerd Member

29. cubby Member

i started off enlarging the mouth hole, nose holes, and eye holes... then i padded the inside of the mask so i'd have enough clearance to wear my glasses inside it. then i decided it was still too hard to talk and turned it into a half mask. then i painted it black and white.

....i wear a different mask now
  30. the_cloak Member

SPIKES
  31. RedOrbifold Member

I suggest we rebuild the old mask modding thread.
    I think it got lost in the move to wwp from entubulation.

I recall, as said, larger eyes, mouth, painting it up etc.
    holes for sunglasses can also be added near the ears for bright conditions

also, don't forget to do some other cool stuff with your anon outfit.
  32. pwnon Member

State-Themed masks.

3624016740_5d550eae41_b.jpg

/topic
  33. Azrael Member

Heres mine:

33mse8g.jpg

mask1f.jpg

The horns are made of paper mash, hotglue and a bolt+nut
    Tounge and teeth also paper mash and hotglue
    (hotglue can deform the mask due to its heat if you use to much of it, be carefull)

The mouth was widened by cutting outward from the mouth, under the line of the cheekbones
    and straight out to the side just below where the strap is attached.
    then put together so as to open the mouth a bit.
    (this creates a bit of an overbite situation)
    i reattached it with needle and thread, and used hotglue to secure the thread and solidify the connection.

the moss effect was made by putting a paper towl on and soaking it in modeling glue.
    the moddeling glue does not effect the plastic, but dissolves the yellow paint and kind of fuses
    the paper towel onto the mask and makes a very neat texture alteration.
    after this i applied some paint by 'dry brushing' it with different shades of green for a mossy effect.
    (dry brushing is when u put some paint on a paintbrush, rubb it till theres allmost nothing coming off it, and then slowly brush over the textured surface so small paint particles accumulate on the higher bits.)

barnacles are little bits of paper mash made from toilet paper, and i used latex based paint to
    glue them to the mask.

all edges were smoothed out with sandpaper and where possible i used a soldering iron to enlarge eyeholes etc to avoid the plastic tearing.

also i attached the frame of a cheep pair of shades and added a plastic strip behind the forehead
    for stability and making a strong connection point for the horns.
  34. targetdog Member

Got a few ideas for you fair anons.

First, here's the only picture of my mask I could find:
    2lo0goo.jpg

• Black Eyes: I bought some sheer black fabric and hot-glued it over the mouth an eye-holes. You can see out of the mask just fine, but your eyes are not visible even at short distances. The effect is striking. Also, it's cheap as hell, and even with a very small amount of fabric, you can outfit several masks this way.
    • New elastic, with cord locks: I used round elastic cord and added one of these adjustable cord locks in the back. You know the ones. It works like a charm: put on my mask, pull it tight, and it stays put. The only problem is that because the round cord is so small, it took six staples and some duct tape to get it to stay put.
    • Custom paint: The most obvious modification is the metallic paintjob. Really easy. Doesn't look like actual metal up close, but like most stage makeup, it looks great from a few feet away. (Bonus: When partnered with a black balaclava and/or a hoodie, it gives the impression of The Immortals from 300.)

WARNING: There is some risk involved in using a custom-painted mask. If you stand out, they can identify you more easily from raid to raid. In highly-populated, aggressive areas, this is generally a bad thing. Thankfully, the Org in my area is very passive overall. We've had no bullbaiting and very few Fair Game attempts; many of our members wear no mask at all. For that reason, I don't mind standing out a little bit. Please utilize your best judgment! Be safe!

The rest of the modifications are standard fare. Widened mouth/nose holes for ventilation, put padding inside cheeks and forehead. For the padding, I used many layers of craft foam, but it's positioned in such a way that my mask slides down on my face and becomes uncomfortable. Needs to be revamped.

Hope this helps somebody pimp their mask!
  35. Herro Member

Lol, flimsy plastic pieces of shit. Wanna know what a real mask looks like? Here's how I roll faggots:

[IMG]
  36. RedOrbifold Member

herro, stop facefagging yourself.

[STRIKE]also, I'm going to merge this with the other one... If I can find it[/STRIKE]
    disregard that, I suck cocks!

old mask modding thread was from way back in the days of enturbulation.org
    carry on