Customize

How much of our tax dollars have been wasted on "Quantum Woo" ?

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Anonymous, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Anonymous Member

"Quantum Woo" keeps popping up, over and over and over again. Moonbats keep claiming it works, yet they do not have a single shred of evidence to back it up what so ever. So what does this have to do with freedom of information, and the NSA/CIA?

Unfortunately a lot. There has been several documented instances of the CIA and possibly other intelligence agencies pissing away tax dollars on "quantum woo" research.

The goal of this thread is to be a repository for dox on government "quantum woo" research, so that we can figure out a price tag from the research, and possibly use this as a means to promote oversight onto the intelligence community. When we say "ethics", the US government ignores us. But when we say "money", they shit themselves in trying to fix the problem.
  2. incog712 Member

Personally, I don't doubt that there's at least some sort of "goat staring" taking place at present, there's always some group of suckers being taken in after all, but for the most part, past instances have generally been fairly short lived and a relatively small portion of the economy crushing defense/intelligence budget. And of course they're usually kept all super sekrit until well after they've been shut down for being super silly making it difficult at best to determine current expenditures.

That said, any documented examples making it in to the repository, while perhaps few and far between, will guarantee some lulz.

On the other hand, if it's volume you're looking for, keep any eye on Rathbun, our favorite cult leader wannabe. Quantum whoppers are one of his specialties and he's been offering them up on a fairly regular basis.

Carry on.
  3. The Internet Member

Well in the other quantum woo thread there was an attached .pdf from the defense department dated 2001 that showed ongoing remote viewing activity. But that thread got shit canned for some reason. Maybe the moderators are into quantum woo.
  4. They are into Quantum WTF.
  5. The Internet Member

We have something in common then.
  6. Anonymous Member

The history of the deluded has shown time and time again that nutjobs will latch onto anything not well-understood by the general public in an attempt to see their delusional ideas. Historically, when electricity was a new discovery and not yet well-understood to the general public, such was used to peddle everything from cures of diseases to prolonging life. Quantum mechanics is just the latest in a long line of scientific concepts that nutjobs have attempted to co-opt in peddling their delusional shit.
  7. Anonymous Member

A lot of noise is generated by the Stargoat-types who got shit-canned when an officer was put in charge who wanted to see results and didn't get.

Now they have phoney "research institutes", numerous websites and self-published books. They dine on the conspiracy nuts, and keep trying to edit their Wikipedia pages into adverts.
  8. Interesting posts, above.
    What is a "Stargoat-type"?
    I only got this.
    [IMG]
  9. Clearly different from a Ram.

[IMG]
  10. Anonymous Member

11. Anonymous Member

How much of our tax money has been squandered on weapons that work perfectly as advertised?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Anonymous Member

dude I thought that said
  13. Anonymous Member

yeah, i started this thread because i could not find that one. There were a few others that were connected to scientology, but they are buried in the wwp. I find stuff occasionaly when i go about the internet. I want to have a thread to post them on when i find them.
  14. Don't knock the tampon cameras.
  15. I cannot even believe that story that you are referring to.
    That was its own unique flavor of super nutty with added nuts.
  16. JohnnyRUClear Member

Yep.
    I must have missed that one. Dox?
  17. DeathHamster Member

http://globalnews.ca/news/1052501/c...-spent-14000-asking-people-about-superpowers/
    [IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  18. The Internet Member

Oh market research. Usually not what it seems to be.

Asking 150 Canadians about superheroes isn't going to help us understand how to talk to people "overseas," obviously, so there is likely a hidden purpose here. What that is, I don't know but it must concern Canadian rather than "overseas" attitudes.

I notice that the superhero genre of late has been implicitly selling an idea, that some people are better than others in a profound and maybe spiritual way. Some are "born leaders" and everything is better if those guys are in charge.

While I've worked for both good and bad bosses, I'm not buying this idea that boss skills are spiritual and lead to general awesomeness. Honest bosses are better than lying sack of shit bosses. That's the number one quality that I pay attention to.

Remember, kids. Leader worship is a bad idea. Nevar forget.
    • Like Like x 1
  19. JohnnyRUClear Member

How many of the 150 weren't trolling?
  20. Anonymous Member

I hope this isn't a derail but I found this article interesting with regard to how the EU deals with quackery and "Quantum Woo."

http://www.vice.com/read/this-water-is-full-of-bullshit-0000161-v20n12

This Water Is Full of Bullshit

By Markus Lust

How much are you willing to pay for 33 ounces of bottled water? Your answer probably ranges from “About a buck” to “Nothing, asshole, water should be free.” But if you are a true believer in the benefits of Grander Revitalized Water, you’ll be happy to fork over 12.10 euros (about $16) for the privilege of drinking something that literally falls from the sky.

If you buy into the Grander method, the company’s product isn’t just ordinary H20 from Tyrol, Austria, but a cure-all for everything from blisters to gastric disorders to cancer. The pseudo scientific enterprise was started in the 70s by Johann Grander, a gas-station worker who claimed to have invented a process that filters all the bad stuff out of water, leaving only the presumably disease-curing bits. So many people believed in his method that he was able to quit his job and become a full-time new-agey entrepreneur.

Alas, there is no there there—Grander’s miraculous claims have been repeatedly disproven, and in 2005 a new company got hit with a $50,000 “quackery” fine for misleading people about the benefits of Grander Living Water Units, a phony filtration system that the business was peddling for $1,200 to $10,000 apiece.

[...]

“There’s still a pending lawsuit against me from Grander’s then-PR agency, Energetic PR Inc.,” Professor Eder said. “I’ve already won two similar lawsuits… And yet the court battle continues. Obviously, they try to muzzle me by all means.” Despite the professor’s efforts, it seems that there are enough believers to keep Grander in business for a long time, a fact that Eder seems mostly resigned to. “It’s just bottled tap water, and that’s exactly what it should be worth,” he said. “But then again, the most effective placebos are those with the highest price tag.”

P. S. I checked "Johann Grander" and he's not in Scientology Completions.
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Woo Hah Member

Sorry, that's above your clearance level.
  22. Anonymous Member

This characters mistake was in selling these magical H2O devices directly. Most water woo scams, many of which are run by scientologists, whether they be about magic drinking water or magic gas tank water revolve around selling books that promise to describe their water woo theories in greater detail than what they've outlined in their advertisements as well as offering arcane plans on how to build these magical devices at home.

What your home built magic water device no worky? You must have screwed it up somehow.
    • Like Like x 1