Customize

How does CoS harm society as a whole? (brainstorm please!)

Discussion in 'Think Tank' started by Choripan, Feb 16, 2008.

1. OTBT Member

Re: How does CoS harm society as a whole? (brainstorm please!)

This excerpt, condensed from the original 12 page report, should give a view of how CoS views kids:

http://www.uscis.gov/err/C1 - Religious Worker/Decisions_Issued_in_2004/AUG162004_02C1101.pdf

2. maniraptor Member

This wasn't my idea, since I found it on a quick Googling of "scientology autism:" Scientology harms society by associating legitimate and important causes with moonbats, making these causes look ridiculous in the eyes of the general public.

Autism Blog - Blog Archive Autism, scientology and the moonies

Commenter Ballastexistenz in the link above (over 2 years old!) points out that Scientologists sabotage the efforts of honest critics of the mental health business, by being the most vocal and infamous anti-mental-health-industry "advocates."

Promoting excessive polarization on an issue is rarely a good thing, and by making criticism of Big Pharma look like the province of moonbats and not also people with common sense who are tired of being screwed over and sometimes killed by corruption in the drug industry, Scientologists are probably helping Big Pharma's business and reputation in spite of themselves. FAIL. I know I always think, when I see someone criticizing mainstream pharmaceutical medicine (especially mental health drugs), that they're probably $cilons.
  3. TypingChimp Member

They harm society by virtue of the very things they do to exist: Preying on the weak and vulnerable; enslaving, abusing and murdering their members; and using the legal system and other methods as weapons to harass and destroy their critics. People can believe whatever the fuck they want, but they cross the line when they prey on others. Oh, and most damningly, they simply can't take a joke, the fucking robots.