Customize

Hiding of Baby Charged to Dianetics Author

Discussion in 'Martin Ottmann' started by Martin Ottmann, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Here is another newspaper article on Hubbard and Sarah Northrup. This article was published on April 11th, 1951, 6 weeks after Hubbard decided to kidnap Alexis from her mother.

Sarah-Kidnapping-LAT.jpg
    • Like Like x 4
  2. TinyDancer Member

That's by far the most detailed account I've seen. And I've not seen a photo of Sara before this.

I'm very interested to see that as long ago as 1950 one could be fined for leaving a child unattended in a car.
  3. DeathHamster Member

And then after all that and running off to Cuba and back, he claimed that Alexis wasn't his kid.

I don't get it. He certainly didn't seem to give a damn about his kids from his first marriage.
  4. He really cared about Quentin from his third marriage but some people say he ignored Suzette and Arthur for the last 20 or so years of his life and Diana for the last 6 or so.
  5. grebe Member

Holy crap, what a horrible man.
  6. Mr. Magoo Member

Wow. I had never even heard about this until now. What a fuqued-up creep he was.
  7. LRH loved all his children.

00003da4_medium.jpeg
  8. jensting Member

Hi kidnappped Alexis, he didn't necessarily care about her.
  9. PresidentShaw Member

oh wow, a relevant and interesting thread on wwp.
    Maybe god exists
  10. Anonymous Member

Yep, real family guy, Hubtard. And it paid off at the end, too. I mean who wants to diedie without a single family member knowing your whereabouts because you were on the run from the IRS and FBI, surrounded only by thugs and thieves watching in amusement while you at BTs infesting your insane mind. No way Mankind's Greatest Friend would go like that, not in a billion years.
  11. Horseradish Member

Quite. This was more about getting at his wife, rather than any concern for the child.
  12. DeathHamster Member

If he was trying to force a favorable divorce settlement out of her, I think he had less risky ways of doing it. If it was vindictive spite, it could have ended badly for him.

I wonder what combination of drugs and megalomania he was running on at the time? (And around then, the Hubbard Dianetics Foundations started to go down like dominoes.) I'd rate this as Hubbard's most visible period of outright craziness.
  13. RightOn Member

wack job.
    Wonder what the Indies think of this article?
    so that book on the desk? Kleene?
    Kleene the mathematical logician?
    Guess that book didn't help Hubbard any.
  14. Budd Member

Maybe a box of KLEENEX tissues?
  15. Ogsonofgroo Member

^^^ It is that indeed.
  16. Mr. Magoo Member

Everyone knows Miscavige coerced dear Ron into kidnapping that baby. He had no choice. DM made him do all the drugs, too, and made him order those little kids to be thrown overboard and locked up in chain lockers. Miscavige made him sign his name to all those texts that outline fair game, mind control, Xenu, spaceships, etc., etc. Dear Ron was an exemplary human being. Scientology was not fucked up at all until Miscavige ruined it.
  17. pg16_1.jpg
    pg16_hd.jpg

The Way to Happiness is a commonsense guide to better living. A testimony to the regard in which he held men of goodwill, no matter their faith,L. Ron Hubbard wrote this moral code for use by adults and children of all faiths.

It contains 21 precepts for successful living in a modern world. The following, Precept 4, is included here; others will be published in future editions ofFreedom.

Today’s children will become tomorrow’s civilisation. Bringing a child into the world today is a little bit like dropping one into a tiger’s cage. Children can’t handle their environment and they have no real resources. They need love and help to make it.

It is a delicate problem to discuss. There are almost as many theories on how to raise a child or not raise him as there are parents. Yet if one does it incorrectly much grief can result and one may even complicate his or her own later years. Some try to raise children the way they were themselves raised, others attempt the exact opposite, many hold to an idea that children should just be let grow on their own. None of these guarantee success. The last method is based on a materialistic idea that the development of the child parallels the evolutionary history of the race; that in some magical way, unexplained, the “nerves” of the child will “ripen” as he or she grows older and the result will be a moral, well-behaving adult. Although the theory is disproven with ease simply by noticing the large criminal population whose nerves somehow did not ripen it is a lazy way to raise children and achieves some popularity. It doesn’t take care of your civilization’s future or your older years.

A child is a little bit like a blank slate. If you write the wrong things on it, it will say the wrong things. But, unlike a slate, a child can begin to do the writing: the child tends to write what has been written already. The problem is complicated by the fact that, while most children are capable of great decency, a few are born insane and today, some are even born as drug addicts: but such cases are an unusual few.

It does no good just to try to “buy” the child with an overwhelm of toys and possessions or to smother and protect the child: the result can be pretty awful.

One has to make up his mind what he is trying to get the child to become. This is modified by several things: a) what the child basically can become; c) what one wants the child to become; d) the resources available. But remember that whatever these all add up to, the child will not survive well unless he or she eventually becomes self-reliant and very moral. Otherwise the end product is likely to be a liability to everyone including the child.

Whatever is one’s affection for the child, remember that the child cannot survive well in the long run if he or she does not have his or her feet put on the way to survival. It will be no accident if the child goes wrong: the contemporary society is tailor-made for a child’s failure.

It will help enormously if you obtain a child’s understanding of and agreement to follow the precepts contained in this book.

What does have a workability is simply to try to be the child’s friend. It is certainly true that a child needs friends. Try to find out what a child’s problem really is and without crushing their own solutions, try to help solve them. Observe them and this applies even to babies. Listen to what children tell you about their lives. Let them help if you don’t, they become overwhelmed with a sense of obligation which they then must repress.

It will help the child enormously if you obtain understanding of and agreement to this way to happiness and get him or her to follow it. It could have an enormous effect on the child’s survival and yours.

A child factually does not do well without love. Most children have an abundance of it to return.
  18. RightOn Member

that pic ^ needs some shoop text
    the baby looks terrified and has his right fist up ready to punch him, with his left fist getting ready. lol
  19. Anonymous Member

Wow just like that!

Never mind that kids who have been abused often exhibit those behaviors, it's just something they're born with and if processing doesn't cure it, then the child is defective and can be disposed of, or at least written off.

Big surprise. Scientology is running Hubbard's case all the way down to the abuse he meted out to children and other dependents in his sphere and his excuses for doing so.
  20. LRH text is the same thing as shoop/lulz text!
  21. RightOn Member

no
    needs caption like
    "Put me down Commodore, or I will pummel you with me tiny fists!"
    Commodore can be subbed with "put me down you fat deluded fuck" too.
    "No more crazy scilon baby formula a-hole! you drink it"
  22. DeathHamster Member

Young David Miscavige winds up for a swing.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. RightOn Member

DH! :D
    pity he never grew
    • Like Like x 1
  24. RightOn Member

inb4miscavige'sheadshoopedonbaby

it would be eligible for both LRH's and DM's shoop threads
    • Like Like x 1
  25. DeathHamster Member

It needs animation of the baby knocking Hubbard's block off.

(I don't have the shoop skills or a GIF editor.)
    • Like Like x 1
  26. RightOn Member

that would be great. Like Rock 'em Sock 'em robots?
    LRH: "hey! you knocked my block 3 ft behind my head!"
    • Like Like x 1
  27. [IMG]
    "yes, you need a new body but you aren't taking mine fucker!"
  28. Anonymous Member

So long as there wasn't a hanger near by.
  29. Anonymous Member

Caption. No David, I am your father.
    • Like Like x 1
  30. PresidentShaw Member

I knew it wouldn't last....
  31. RightOn Member

just having a little fun Shawsy
  32. FreakE420 Member

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  33. RightOn Member

there you are Freake!