Customize

Hey did everyone forget

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by whosit, Jun 22, 2012.

1. PresidentShaw Member

The swedes are not making bogus charges, there is 2 real people accusing him. Of course the accusation looks bogus but it would also not likely stand in a court of law, the real question here is why is he so afraid to stand trial for something that obviously would never stand in a court of law. Maybe paranoia?

My point, I repeat again, is that if the US had a way to prosecute him, they would have already done so, but the only way they can do that is via linking him to manning because a) he is not a US citizen and b) Journalism is protected both under US and international law. So far, all he did for all intents and purposes is publish material leaked to him. Something the new york times, the washington post and all major newspaper did during the watergate scandal, without prosecution, due to being protected under those same laws.

It's sad when a canadian has to explain US policy to an american. Don't you think?
  2. Ok.
    I'm sorry I forgot what they say about teaching old dogs new tricks
    Or trying to make pricks see the other POV.
  3. Well, what happened in those times is completely different than what happened this time.
  4. PresidentShaw Member

Nope, it's not
  5. Maybe because the most powerful nation in the world is out for his blood?
    What would you do if you were in his shoes?
    Sweden does have a track record of handing men over to the USA with out any sort of trial or anything like that.
  6. Maybe not in the context you're thinking of but in the context of how it affected the USA in the eyes of the world stage it is very different.
  7. PresidentShaw Member

Do you have any examples?
  8. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repatriation_of_Ahmed_Agiza_and_Muhammad_al-Zery

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A11976-2004Jul24_2.html

http://assembly.coe.int/main.asp?Link=/committeedocs/2006/20060606_ejdoc162006partii-final.htm

This case is the most prominent one.
    I believe from what I've read that in the case of Ahmed Agiza and Muhammad al-Zery they were of particular interest to the USA because they were believed to be to operatives in Al Qaida.

You can't tell me that after reading all that (especially the links in the reference section of the Wikipedia page) that Sweden won't bend over and hand Assange to the USA.
  9. Anonymous Member

Hey, i know? let's just be patient and see what happens, since it is out of anyone's control.
    Winds of fate or something liek that. Making wishes for all concerned that a peaceful resolution can be reached.
  10. Hey, guess what?
    We were not even talking about that anymore.
    I guess discussion about relevant topics related to OP is not allowed here.
  11. Anonymous Member

How about trying to see the points of view of others, as well?
    Or simply trying to be more objective, knowing that there is so much that we do not know about the complexities of this situation.
  12. Anonymous Member

Or, know-it-all people can just pretend that they know absolutely everything, fooling only themselves and noone else.
  13. Ok, thats pretty fair.
    In my defense I do tend to be an alarmist/pessimist so that either way if the shit hits the fan im prepared for it and if it does not im pleasantly surprised.
  14. Anonymous Member

Mr Assange acknowledged that the United States had indicated that it would not extradite him

Oh. OK. Everything is OK and Assange is safe. What a relief.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. yeah...
    PresidentShaw swoops in to save the world.
    XD
  16. PresidentShaw Member

Yea, that is clearly what I said.......
    All I said is that the US had jackshit on him. Which is true so far. Why do people get so butthurt when their view of reality gets challenged?
  17. PresidentShaw Member

Well, thank you for sourcing your claims, I was not aware of these cases. Now, no need to go all butthurt and fall into ad hominems. Just source your motherfucking claims properly and we can have a nice discussion.
  18. SOJOA Member

Wrong Wrong Wrong. He was not accused of rape you moron. He was accused of some bullshit law where you can fuck some flithy whore....just wear a condom and inform them....and if they wake up after fucking some asshole and they found out you didnt use a condom....surprise.....jail.

How fucking stupid is this epic case. If this law was in the US 80 percent of young frat boys would be in jail.
  19. And thank you as well Shaw.
    for making me a better activist by forcing me to look outside the box if only to contradict you.
    that's the one thing ill always like about you.
  20. Rockyj Member

OP give it a rest!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/12/13/the-bogus-julian-assange-rape-case-hurts-women.html
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Anonymous Member

Way to assclown.
  22. Anonymous Member

Ask a Scientologist.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Herro Member

Here's a question, what if the charges aren't bogus and he's guilty? Maybe we should have one of those trial thingies to try and figure it out? Crazy suggestion, I know, because USA IS EVIL EMPIRE and all that.

More importantly, I love Flogging Molly!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  24. Anonymous Member

He hasn't been charged with anything yet. He's wanted for questioning.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/dec/17/julian-assange-sweden
  25. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Then I think there would be a lot of "Woops, My Bad" posts.

From what I have gathered from all the info I have read: He screwed a couple people without a rain jacket. Somehow that is illegal but not to mention stupid because a leak in this case could end up with a child support case rather than a rape case.

Frankly, I have no opinion of his guilt or innocence either way. I am waiting for, like your pearl of wisdom you drop on our unworthy minds, this trial to see. Of course, all he is wanted for is questioning and he is worried the US may try something. (Being a USfaggot, I can say truthfully to expect it).

Which leads me to wonder: Whatever happened to that "Global Thermal Nuclear" leak he had should shit happen?

26. <3
  27. Also this is not about whether or not the USA is evil, but of what will happen to Assange if the swedes get his hands on him. They way they have handed over men to the USA in the past is rather iffy, and that's putting it nicely.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. whosit Member

29. elwood Member

Any of you trying to explain anything to LastOneStanding are wasting your time. He knows what he knows even if most of its wrong. And he's absolutely sure about that.
  30. Anonymous Member

Here we go again...
    What happened to the headway you made in the other thread about this?
    Or are you too busy fucking the local 12 y/o's or busting out another meth lab to let it sink in?
  31. elwood Member

I thought the other thread went pretty well, considering I made my case. Attacking people on a personal level just because they have a different point of view or a different interpretation of events isn't a discussion, it's an attempt to stop debate by discrediting the other person. It ain't cool, it ain't grown-up and it makes you look like an idiot. My beef is with people who get hysterical if someone doesn't agree with them.
  32. Anonymous Member

Riiiight you're definately NOT one of those people.
  33. Anonymous Member

Right in one!
  34. elwood Member

What's with the "dear" shit. If you aren't female, it sounds kind of Gay. Just sayin'.
  35. Well guess what Jethro!
    I'm a girl! :confused:
  36. Anonymous Member

I like dear. I also like honey. Many on this board are 60 year old females from the south, so try not to be such an asshole.
    • Like Like x 2
  37. I give elwood 5 more days tops before he ragequits wwp and goes crawling back to ESMB in a fetal position before the hugbox over there does its magic.
  38. Anonymous Member

39. elwood Member

I've been posting on WWP since day 1. It will take a lot more than a bunch of script kiddies to run me off.
  40. Anonymous Member