Customize

Hey did everyone forget

Discussion in 'Wikileaks' started by whosit, Jun 22, 2012.

1. whosit Member

that Assange was accused of rape?

Just wondering.

He's a prince. Love him

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. And of course there is 50/50 % chance that these allegations are just a way to get him back to Sweden so he can be promptly extradited to the USA, where he will have no chance in hell of a fair trial.
  3. Anonymous Member

Not forgetting that the women involved dropped the charges, and it was only after the US got interested that the charges were reinstated...
  4. TorontosRoot Member

All in a bid to slander and defame the poor guy.
  5. Anonymous Member

The accusation wasn't rape. Get it right.
  6. Anonymous Member

A better question is:

Does anybody care that Assange is being accused of bogus charges?

To that the answer is yes.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Anonymous Member

He is guilty or he is innocent, either way there is no reason to slam his accusers. The question is why the US has any involvement in rape charges in Sweden.
  8. Anonymous Member

It was rape, those charges were dropped, and he got recharged with sexual molestations and one charge of rape.
  9. Anonymous Member

No. The accusations are quite a bit less than rape, and are usually very poorly translated as rape.

Has he even been charged? Last I heard, he was wanted for questioning.
  10. If you have to ask that question then WTF are you doing here?
  11. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

Two words: Butthurt Wikileaks
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Anonymous Member

Exactly. He is guilty or not, but what is really going on here is the US trying to stop Assange from exposing it's crimes. Bashing his accusers or making pronouncements about his guilt deflect from that.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Paroxetine Samurai Moderator

I am a USFaggot so I know first hand the US gov is massively butthurt over the original leaks. So obviously they want to see Assange in some country that is Pro-US and can put the screws to Assange.

Funny thing is: It is soo obvious that I am more surprised most USfaggots aren't mad about this than I am about them pulling this shit. I guess when most old farts think this here "internet" thing is a fad and an evil boogyman, it is easy to pull the wool over their eyes with political BS.
  14. Anonymous Member

I agree with your point. You are missing mine.
  15. I think by this point in time this whole prosecute Assange to the ends of the world and back thing is just a lame strategy on the US's part to save face and try to hold on to that "alpha male, don't fuck with us or you will regret it for the rest of you lifetime" mentality.
    Basically another bullying technique to show anyone else that is thinking of standing up to them what will happen to them if they do.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 2
  17. PresidentShaw Member

booooooooooooooring
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Anonymous Member

Hey Shaw, when you going on tour?
  19. Anonymous Member

20. Xenu Is Lord Member

Actually no he has not been accused, at least in the legal sense. He would have to be charged first to be officially accused. They want to extradite him for questioning on the matter, that he has already said he is willing to discuss with them in a third country. It is clear that they have a material motive, because there is no reason for them not to meet with him in a third country unless they don't care about the allegations. He is also free to say he won't say anything, then there would be no cause to extradite him as it would serve no purpose again proving there is something else going on here.
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  21. Anonymous Member

It shows you're a fucking Canadian.
  22. Anonymous Member

See post # 15
  23. PresidentShaw Member

Yeah, u jelly?
  24. Anonymous Member

No, just wanted to point out how your indifference shows how whipped Canada and its people are by the USA.
  25. PresidentShaw Member

I thought assange was gonna be extradited to sweden and was asking ecuador for asylum?

The USA is irrelevant so far as they got nothing on him and can't get him in the states.

Carry on.
  26. Anonymous Member

FIFY
  27. Hahahaha...
    You are missing the entire point of this discussion.
    The USA is relevant because no matter where he goes to his will have them ominous shadow of the US right on his tail.
    And apparently you have not heard that the USA is trying to get a closed indictment against him(which in US term means he's already guilty).
    And if you can't see that then why are you even an activist?
  28. Anonymous Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  29. PresidentShaw Member

Guilty of what exactly? And why are they trying so hard to link him directly to manning if they already have a way to claim he's guilty? Apparently you don't understand how these things work.
  30. And since you don't live here I would not expect you to understand how frightening the USA can be.
    Manning had nothing to do with what I was talking about before.
    But if you insist on beating a dead horse.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/03/bradley-manning-may-face-death-penalty

Perfect example of what could happen (and most likely will) to Julian if the USA ever got its mitts on him
  31. PresidentShaw Member

You didn't understand what I was trying to explain now did you?
  32. PresidentShaw Member

33. I'm sorry maybe I did not explain my self correctly.
    But it is obvious that the US is trying anything it can to get its hands on Assange and keep him somewhere they can have access to him at any time while the try every angle that can think of to try and punish him for basically embarrassing the shit out of them to the world stage.
  34. It may be so, but you can bet your life the USA will pressure Sweden behind closed doors to hand him over to them.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  35. PresidentShaw Member

They sure will, but they can't do shit until they link him to manning, which was my point in the first place....
    Reading comprehension, try it.
  36. Oh and you forgot the rest of the quote bro...
    Nice way to take it out of context to make me look like an idiot.
  37. And do you honestly think that not linking him to Manning is going to stop them from prosecuting him?
    If the Swedes are making up bogus charges, whats there to say that the US wont do the same or something worse.
  38. PresidentShaw Member

I don't see how this adds context to the quote, it just says they were careful with their wording.
    Look dear, leave these debates to the grownups.