Customize

Hey Chicago, Guess what's coming.

Discussion in 'USA - Central/Mountain' started by Anonymous, Aug 8, 2009.

1. Anonymous Member

Hey Chicago, Guess what's coming.

2uyok1d.jpg
  2. cubby Member

Re: Hey Chicago, Guess what's coming.

that poster is AWESOME

can i get one for my room?
  3. Anonynamefag Member

ffffuuuuu.jpg

This might just be the raid I finally attend.
  4. Anonymous Member

Wow, that's exactly the same one they used for the IAS event at EG last year.
  5. Anonymous Member

But wait there's more:

11ilb3p.jpg
  6. Anonymous Member

Detroit got this one:

6gxy5t.jpg
  7. Re: Hey Chicago, Guess what's coming.

....is that Kevin Costner holding an Olympic torch?

EPIC.

Good luck, Chicaganons.
  8. Anonymous Member

Because "Global Erasure" is better than "Global Oblitteration".
  9. Re: Hey Chicago, Guess what's coming.

Thanks for the tip-off! Passed it along to our local forums to see what we can get cooking.
  10. Anonymous Member

I want epic video of horses charging among the smoke of battle bearing knights carrying standards like on the poster,or frankly I won't believe you protested at the IAS World Tour rather just the same old org building. ;-D.
  11. BlooAnon Member

Hmmm... female leading. French flags raised.

[IMG]

Maybe it's a good parallel.

After all, Joan did DIAF.
  12. YAHRLY Member

oh that might be worth a several hour road trip!
  13. Optimisticate Member

Scilon posters full of phallic symbols and violence.

Looks like they're coming armed too.
  14. Anonymous Member

might want to carpool to save on gas money lol :)

dork
  15. 3rdMan Member

You would be welcomed.
  16. YAHRLY Member

REALLY?

I was concerned you might you know shun me because I would be the guy in the EFG mask and stick out of the crowd
  17. Mutante Member

Sigh, if they could only figure out how to include excrement in their imagery too.
  18. YAHRLY Member

hehehehehehe booked reservations!
  19. 3rdMan Member

Bring caek and you will be welcomed? ;)
  20. I am V Member

Wish I could be there for such a epic event.
  21. Anonymous Member

Rumor has it that a few long-lost domers may travel to the Windy City, as well...
  22. Anonbot Member

So wait. Let me get this straight.

Scientology is coming to Chicago for some sort of 'pep rally' kind of thing?

Furthermore Anonymous plans to be there?

I'm just making sure, because if someone responds to this and there will be a protest, I will let all of Anonymous know that Chicago will not stand for the growth of Scientology anymore than it already has. I will be there, and I will bring numbers upon numbers and I will be active in the group known as Anonymous!
  23. YAHRLY Member

well Chi-tards?

so am I the only one going?
  24. Re: Hey Chicago, Guess what's coming.

Well, technically, Scientology is already in Chicago and they have an org here. It's the IAS event that's coming to Chicago, presumably to try to stir up its members in the area and squeeze cash out of them.

I don't know what, if anything, we're doing about the IAS thing yet. Hawkeye our forums for the latest info on that. We tend to make plans on short notice too, hoho.

Wat? Which "Anonymous" are you "letting know" about this?

Uh, okay... Rock out?

You just registered, have 1 post, and sound really confused. If you're a troll, you're not disguising it well and we appreciate the entertainment. If you're a new person, just lurk our forums to see what's up.
  25. Anonymous Member

it's a trroll
  26. Re: Hey Chicago, Guess what's coming.

Yes. Have fun with your 1-man picket. 2ymukab.gif
  27. enocheed Member

Yap I am a life time member of the ias. But I think I am banned from the church so I thought I protest. They banned me since I red the zemu/zenu story and started seeing through the pilots shit. Anywho. Where is the protest for the ias. I think the best place is in front of the church on lincoln and southport. Also bring like 500 copies of the zenu leaflet. and put it on parked cars that way when guests leave they will read it and get kicked out of the church too so to save them from getting ripped of with bs.
  28. xenubarb Member

They don't believe the xenu shit unless they're OTIII, then they deny it.
    Also, putting stuff on cars is illegal in many cities. Great idea.

Scilons can't write X E N U. Why can't you?
  29. enocheed Member

I got flees. Someone scratch my thetan back. Powder anyone?
  30. Mutante Member

Get in touch and I'm sure we can figure out how to get you back on the Bridge.
  31. Anonbot Member

I am aware that Scientology is in Chicago already, however the explanation you gave of IAS was helpful indeed, thats more or less what I meant by 'pep rally' clearly using such a term I didn't fully understand the circumstances, and was looking for actually a very easy explanation like yours so I can reseach accordingly.

I suppose whoever is reading the message boards, I've found a message board pertaining Anonymous in Chicago specifically that I imagine I will be apart of, not that it matters, or interests you... I'm rambling... sorry.

Okay uhm, so I'll be honest, I though the end of your post was mean at first, but now I just realize you're just a skeptic of my purpose here, which is completely understandable.

No? I'm not a troll? I guess my telling you this doesn't really make it so, but I can tell you that I've kind of kept a vague on eye on Anonymous for a while because this seemed to be a group that I could actually help, even in just a small way god forbid I'm busy, and you'd appreciate it.

I actually almost considered going to a church of Scientology because it looked promising and looked like a lot the tools I could possibly learn there would be helpful, took the online self test thing, and then remembered... wait. I remember something not being right about them... I'll look further into it, and now I'm here.

I'm probably rambling yet again... sorry if I am, and I suppose what? I should research a significant amount more before I post again or wha? I'll be honest I think I have a decent Idea of whats going on, nothing too specific, and most of all I hate new internet lingo like 'Troll'. I actually watched that presentation video last night and found out what a Troll was for the first time.

Help me out? Point me in the right direction or give me suggestions on what I can do to support?

I'll give ya this too... I re-read what I wrote in the first post, and I get your responses... I sometimes have a hard time wording things in a way that I think would sound appropriate.

Sorry for the big long story, and thanks if you read all of it, but lets face it... New guy (do you guys use newb on this fourm?) or troll, and I get that being the case. I promise you I'm just the dumb new guy coming in being rather unhappy with many things like the church of Scientology.

For real though, I'm done.
  32. 3rdMan Member

Lurk on our (there) forum. Stuff is being planned. ;)
  33. Re: Hey Chicago, Guess what's coming.

I wish I could go

I am going to the Flag Tour in Detroit on the 31st, though!

I'll probably be the only fucking one there, too hehe
  34. Anonymous Member

Some "critic" sites are more touch feely than others. If you find yourself getting called out as a troll, or just a faggot in general, don't take it personally. You're Anonymous. A pirate. "And a pirate is free". Also, some of the people we're confronting are genuine psychotics. Developing a thick skin can be a real asset, especially if curtains and dogs should ever come in to play.

So yeah, welcome. Now STFU and make me a sammich.
  35. star eht Member

cool story bro!
    jokes aside, i wish you welcome here and enjoy your stay.
    By the way, I get the feeling English is not your native language, was hard to read sometimes, english not being mine neither.

(i'm french, and you can all suck my croissant)

and on-topic: CHicago really is inviting anons from everywhere to go there
  36. Re: Hey Chicago, Guess what's coming.

@ Anonbot: If you really are just a new person, I didn't mean to be nasty or anything, and most Chicago Anons are really quite friendly in person. We're just wary of new people who come in with big or strange claims, as a lot of the time it's just people pranking each other or pretending to be Scientologists and advocating shady or illegal stuff. (For example, just look at enocheed's post right after yours.) So it's not anything personal.

Thanks to the people who called out enocheed on being a troll. I don't think anyone would be dumb enough to follow his advice on taping things to cars, but advocating standing in front of the org is potentially a lot more insidious. I wanna point something out for the people from out of town:

In Chicago, there is a law that disallows demonstrations within 150 feet for 30 minutes before, during, and for 30 minutes after a church service.

Now we all know it isn't a real "church" and they aren't having "services," blah blah blah, but the police don't really know that or care.

Maybe I worry too much, but if Mark Bunker can get tackled in Chicago on a public sidewalk for doing nothing illegal, then I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that the Scns would try to leverage a law that actually exists into getting someone vanned, or even go so far as to try to sucker people into it, as enocheed did (knowingly or unknowingly).

When we protest at the Org in Chicago, we set up down the street a ways. More details about that sort of thing later. Just wanted to make sure everyone knew about it.
  37. Re: Hey Chicago, Guess what's coming.

This is trully fucking hysterical. It will be fun BUT I doubt a large showing of $cifags... still it's going to be great.
  38. Re: Hey Chicago, Guess what's coming.

The cult riding into Chicago

2398353507_4cf5bef04b.jpg
  39. 3rdMan Member

Chicago Anons, forum is down for maintenance! Plan here instead!
  40. Budd Member

The poster mentions the fight against "drugs, human rights abuses, and immorality..."

Uh, which side are we talking about here: evil society... or Scientology?