Customize

Help get information out of Iran

Discussion in 'Freedom of Expression' started by Anonymous, Jun 14, 2009.

1. YAHRLY Member

Re: Help get information out of Iran

kind of my point
    people under estimated the COS at the start of chanology and some people got fucked
    just wanted people to know this is a bigger pond with bigger fish
  2. Re: Help get information out of Iran

In all of Iran?
  3. JohnnyRUClear Member

FWIW, I think you were right to point it out.

Now back to the faggot tree.
  4. AnonKiwi Member

/r/ someone repost the YouTube link to the awesome awesome presentation "how pictures of funny cats can save the works". Or something. There are folks out there in all corners of the world fighting injustice in very clever and awesome ways! Ways anonymous could learn from, actually!
  5. Re: Help get information out of Iran

"some say," "its being said" and similar bollox claims are unacceptable beginnings to any sentence from here on out. This is wwp, not Fox News.

The Ayatollah is the second cuming of David Miscavige. Anonymous learned multitasking, we can do both nao.

So, isnt this what we do? Find people who lie and distort access to information for their own profit, influence and power? How is that different from the cult leadership in Tehran? All you muslimfags relax on this one, but following a charismatic personality is what defines a cult. Is Islam a cult? Or does one define a religion based on how many guns they have access to?

no need to rage muslimfag, your beliefs are your own and I cannot discredit them unless you begin to doubt. If you get angry at me for saying so, then the burden of proof lies with you.

Give Iramians internets NAO
  6. Blue Goo Member

I was thinking about ham radios or amateur radios, you know? I don't really know shit about them and so tried to ask from some ham radio forums but to no avail. I'd just like to know if those kind of connections are just as easy to monitor and block as other kinds of radio transmissions.

Anyone know about those thingies or have any idea where to ask?

Gloo
  7. NotMike Member

8. Whanonstler Member

Yes. Just don't accidentally the whole country.

I am open to this if someone can demonstrate that the current clerical puppet will not just be replaced with another clerical puppet, that this is a real uprising that will break the theocracy that controls Iran.

Otherwise, it is just meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
  9. Anonymous Member

You could say that about most presidential elections in the US, but even so people all over the world join the US presidential campaigns online on both D and R side and even send money illegally to Obama.

The point here in Iran is that if they had let the votes be counted, then it would most likely be mostly the same, but after this revolt it probably won't be the same again.
  10. Whanonstler Member

Not buying it. I don't support theocracies, not in my home nation and not in Iran. Not if it were my own religion that would be in charge, and not if it were any other religion.

If the people were revolting to throw off the shackles of theocracy? Groovy, it's on like an atom bomb, but to replace one politician who is a yesman to a cleric for another politician who is a yesman to a cleric while Khamenei remains in charge? Not so much.

I regret they are killing each other, but really, the net sum gain will be 0.
  11. Anonymous Member

My point, if you could read my post, is that it won't remain a zero sum game. It would have been if they just had allowed the one with the most votes win, because he would be mostly the same, but due to the election cheating there are now popular demands for reforms, which could also rock the traditional structure of the country and turn it into an unrestricted democracy.

Events change conditions, and also change people. Mir-Hossein Mousavi was committed to supporting the nuclear program before this happens, but with the recent events that might change.

They'll still be muslims, and many of them will still believe in conspiracy theories and hate America, but if they get a true democracy at least they'll be in charge of their own destiny.
  12. xenubarb Member

They can't use ham. It comes from pigs.
  13. Whanonstler Member

I could read your post, Mr. SnottyPants, I just don't agree. That doesn't mean I am stupid or fail at reading comprehension.

Wide spread voter fraud should be addressed, of course, but when ultimately the democratic process is sham because the real leader is the big K, I guess I figure no one's vote really counts while it is a theocracy. Get rid of the theocracy and now we are talking. Until, it is just a hamster wheel- furious expenditures of energy and time that get the runner nowhere.

And as an aside, I couldn't care less if the are muslims or christians or jews or discordians. Not a fan of theocracies, period.
  14. Anonymous Member

Voice of America has now a twitter ???? ?????? - ????? (VOAIran) on Twitter - from Huffington post.

"Senior officials say the State Department is working with Twitter and other social networking sites to ensure Iranians are able to continue to communicate to each other and the outside world." - CNN

YAHRLY, if you are ex-scn I can understand how your brain works.
  15. Re: Help get information out of Iran

I can only imagine Fux news' response to our involvement in this if we actually start making a diff for those people. Will they shat brix or ask Tommy D for a int???

I fucking hated twitter and now it's a revolutionary tool!?!?! learning to LURV the taste of Humble pie...

[IMG]
    Pieh?
  16. Re: Help get information out of Iran

This is just like Chanology. There's a ton of things people can do to help based on what your skills are, what you're comfortable with, and how much you want to put yourself out there. If you're not good with computers (oh god!) or don't want to do things that may be quasi-legal, there's still lots to do to help. Information dissemination, irl rally /b/lackup, media harpoonage, etc.
  17. JohnnyRUClear Member

Unrestricted tyranny of the majority, WOOHOO!

lrn2history
  18. Mutante Member

Blogs and websites popular with the 20something generation in neighbouring countries is probably one of the most interesting target audiences for information dissemination ...
  19. Consensus Member

Freedom of speech is something all people value, and its implementation leads to greater reforms.

As another said, I don't give a fuck what religion the people or Iran are - I'm not fan of theocracies anyhow - but if any population in the world is demanding the right to free speech (which, now, includes unrestricted access to the internet), I'll do whatever I can to assist them in obtaining it.

edit - An affiliation with or endorsement by Wikileaks would be powerful for WWP. There's a strong association between the two (via PiratesBay, as I understand it...), and if WWP becomes an active supplement to WikiLeaks, much good can come of it.

Plus, it will 1) demonstrate that the Scilon accusations of us being a hate site are completely false, and 2) refute the RIAA accusations that (IP) pirates are evil thieves with no morals who offer no benefit to society.
  20. skollie Member

Twittering Iran for Beginners. | Little Miss Attila
  21. moarxenu Member

22. Uncle Bruce Member

I have just been watching the BBC news and the word is that the Iranian police are going door to door destroying satellite dishes and arresting those who resist. Since there are fifty million dishes in the country it should take a while.
  23. Uncle Bruce Member

Here! Here! As the French fella said,"I may not agree with what you say but I am prepared to die for your right to say it."(Voltaire) Change that to willing to fight and I'm in.
  24. Ogsonofgroo Member

I know a hamfag or two, they are very easy to monitor in this day and age and since the satillite age are even easier to triangulate locations unless mobile.

This is not a good option except for close range local info passing of scrambled HF stuffs imho. Sort of spai stuff and potentially could get the innocent shot.

Net is different in that through proxies and bounces things can be transmited relatively easily, but the sad reality is is that I think just about anything can be traced/tracked back if the persuer is determined enough and has various gov'ts and providers co-operating.
    Anyone, anywhere, putting out a signal from any country, is bound to be monitored from at least several countries, and there are a few that look at everything, everywhere possible, any many news agencies keep track too within their resources.

At least this is how I see it, could be a bit off but I think not much.

Someone asked for helps here, there are peoples that heard the call, there are peoples that went and did something and tried to help, this is cool in anyones books. *bow*

ends blather of ignorance.

:)
  25. Re: Help get information out of Iran

[SIZE="4"]Holy Shit!!![/SIZE]

x54axu.jpg
  26. RedOrbifold Member

one does not have to be anonymous to protest for this, but I would assume it would make things more interesting?
  27. Re: Help get information out of Iran

It's a beautiful thing. Battle for hearts ? and screens ? of the world - Tech and gadgets- msnbc.com "With traditional reporting silenced and with Iranian e-mail and Web services shut down by the government Tuesday, much of the information about the election protests in Tehran was coming through social media sites such as Twitter.com and Facebook.com." Mr. Universe was right. Also, save some pie for Wired and the LA Times.
  28. RedOrbifold Member

speaking of cartman... there's a good chance that south park will do something about this thing... big in the news, internet's involved, another excuse to poke fun at americans afraid of the mideast etc
  29. Anonymous Member

;)
  30. Re: Help get information out of Iran

This is a very, very interesting point. Taking down Scilontology is just the first battle in the new information war. I am "all in" on this shit.

The new WWP Iran site is just fucking beautiful. I am a tech retard, but will help in any way I can-all you hacktivists just stay safe while you pummel the bullies.
  31. Anonymous Member

Not sure if I'm a slowpoke on this but The Pirate Bay is linking to the Iran forum from it's front page, awesome.
  32. anonsparrow Member

Iran (so far away).

I have to look to see who's moderating before I feel safe posting.

Iran needs some of us imo. And they shall get.

I fucking hate censorship. Oh hai Iran! Guess what...
  33. coskilla Member

PATRIOTS in any country.....discuss

iranfree.jpg
  34. Anonymous Member

Not saying anything about this particular poster, but I'm expecting to see a lot of "encouragement" from our scihandlers. They're probably fapping vigorously right now on the hopes that Anon has found another cause.
  35. Skeptic1337 Member

STFU seriously. Did you have anything to do with iran.wwp? I didn't think so.
  36. Ogsonofgroo Member

I don't think they meant it liek that Skeptic, but (gah!), but scilon 'tech', as far as critisism on the net goes, has largely been a diversionary tactic, nao whether just fucking up threads/troll tech, or shitting up topics, total lies and deception, I dunno, but having any of the people they consider 'anon', going off in another direction would surely make dem go whew. (ain't happening sci-trolls, sry 'bout yer lax of lux)
    Scatter tech. The big problem with this is that most of the shit I read concerning the ' phenomina of anon' (by scilon/apologist/inert spurts) is that it takes foregranted that this is a group of people who are quite capable of doing many things at once in their lives, and it redefines 'group' amonst many other things, the grasp is feebles at best imho.
    Liek mercury through a sieve imho, grasping at whisps, defining that which does not wish to be, and this be only an opinion. Herding cats was made for this. But essentially, a gathering of hearts, the good, the indifferent, the lutzy, the mal-formed.......... ;D

Focus. What was de plan mon?

Though it is to their own benefit, in their own weird and warped worlds, that we are depicted as folks who are single-minded-live-in-moms-basement-nothing-better-ta-do-trogolites.....................meh, fuck them, I think its possible we are far, far, much better thnxvmby. 50 peoples= 50reasons A goal.
    Its been discussed many times before.

Oufff, time fer a snack, cocktail, and brb/br.

cox etc.....

XP
  37. Skeptic1337 Member

Any one insecure enough to think that people spending time on shit they believe in will some how be dissuaded from still participating in chanology needs to get their skull checked.

Sorry, it's thinking like that, that is completely moronic and will actually do more harm then encouraging people do what they feel they must.
  38. Re: Help get information out of Iran

About 400 protesters showed up to the Houston protest today. Epic win!
  39. Ogsonofgroo Member

I think I agree, just a sec, *checks insecurity level* ,check.
    Kk, we good?

:)
  40. Ogsonofgroo Member

No shit!!?! Wait for vids and repotz! Frikken awesome!