Customize

Hate speech no longer part of Canada’s Human Rights Act?

Discussion in 'Media' started by peterstorm, Aug 20, 2013.

1. peterstorm Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Anonymous Member

I see this as a good thing if true.
  3. moarxenu Member

So it looks like the scifags get to keep calling us wogs.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Anonymous Member

gee i didnt see more speech rights being taken away, joke. look as much as ppl want to not have hate, there will be hate, always, if u supress it, it might be ok for a while, but itll explode in the end. just best to keep it around
  5. Anonymous Member

dont get me wrong, im not racist nor do i use said speech, just saying from a neutral prospective
  6. BBBPanther Member

I am not saying I disagree with you, however "whites" in Canada have taken on a smiley face as they take digs on ethnic people. The divide is that majority of ethnic people tend to move towards ethnocentric behaviour and instead of the law actually discovering the root of a situation, ethnic people tend to be punished a lot harder when racism and ignorance on culture pushed them to break the law. While "white" people get a slap on the wrist.
  7. BBBPanther Member

http://globalnews.ca/news/999386/third-man-charged-in-downtown-stabbing-death/

Story of what actually happened. Victim who died. Was a white male under the age of 20 with friends at the bar. He just came back from living in Colombia with his family. Where he went to a private school - rules are different there, he received preferential treatment and was able to get away with whatever he wanted in south america. He enters the bar with his friends, starts a fight with someone from the group that ended up killing him, makes a racist remark. Fight occurs. Bouncers toss his friends in the front and the ethnic group into the back, they then toss the victim into the back with the group he started a fight with, who then pull out a knife and stab him to death. I knew the offenders since they were children and they were not bad kids, they just fell into an ethnocentric way of life due to poverty and bad neighbourhood associations.

Yet, the victim was made out to be an innocent bystander who was not wrong in any way shape or form. I am not saying the offenders are in the right, I am saying that their lives are ruined due to an ignorant reactionary response to an equally offensive truth that was thrown in their face.

Both ethnics and whites lack cultural understanding and the society only perpetuates this. The problem is a lot bigger then what is put in front of us.

Any thoughts on this?
  8. John Duff Member

U mad, white nigga ?

PS : I feel uncomfortable saying this. Remove my post if you wish.
  9. What culture?
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. mnql1 Member

However, Quebec is presently considering the controversial Bill 59 "to combat hate speech."
    • Like Like x 1
  11. peterstorm Member

• Like Like x 1