Customize

HARPOONS NOW! Aust. PM and Opposition Leader

Discussion in 'Senator Xenophon And Scientology' started by TinyDancer, Nov 17, 2009.

1. themadhair Member

Re: HARPOONS NOW! Aust. PM and Opposition Leader

I drew parallels to criminal organisations and emphasised that this is about stopping an organisation of abuse rather than personal beliefs. That ok with you?
  2. Re: HARPOONS NOW! Aust. PM and Opposition Leader

I emailed to the link you posted for the opposition guy talking about problems in the US and how they mirror the same problems Australia. This should be interesting! *loves this thread* Oh, and I'm calling an American Senator's office tomorrow to see if he would be interested in helping also.
  3. _You_ Member

wads shots.
  4. _You_ Member

NO! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, sorry if I came off the wrong way. I just wanna see this shit bear the fruit it deserves.
  5. _You_ Member

Possible to msg the Aussie Govmnt Anonymously? I'd prefer to poon it that way.
  6. _You_ Member

pooned!
  7. ShowsOn Member

The problem is it would probably be unconstitutional to revoke Scientology's tax exempt status without doing the same for ALL religions. If the government tried to revoke the tax exempt status of only Scientology, then Scientology lawyers would probably just sue the taxation office on the grounds that they are being discriminated against.
  8. Ironhead Member

'pooned
  9. _You_ Member

bumping thread,

just to see if we can get more 'poons in thar.

[IMG]
  10. _You_ Member

I don't see why not. Make a sock email account with a realistic-sounding name, and away you go. Alternatively, you can ask that your name be withheld.
  11. TinyDancer Member

12. DeathHamster Member

Church of the New Faith v. Comm'r of Pay-Roll Tax
  13. Re: HARPOONS NOW! Aust. PM and Opposition Leader

Australia is ranked as one of the least corrupt countries in the world (I hate to admit it, but NZ is less corrupt). No one is Australian politics would want to get caught right now taking bribes from Scientologists.
    My own memory of criminal activity is that ppl cannot be allowed to profit from their crimes. This is consistent with the the following Wiki Article. IANAL but we don't have the same attitude to the RICO act over here. Also, if it is a registered charity, the money was made lawfully. If it was stolen or drug money, that is a different thing.
  14. _You_ Member

15. Re: HARPOONS NOW! Aust. PM and Opposition Leader

Everyone congratulations. This parliamentary enquiry is not only about 8 letters to Nick Xenuphone but also a direct result of anonymous efforts.

LR Hubbard once said he expected Australia to be the first country to become all clear (and of course backed down on that when the Anderson report came out)

What we have now is opportunity for great wins.

What happens in Australia could set a major precedent for what happens in the US in the future. Australia and US have very good relations and if this is successful it may set a precedence. After all we are talking about freedom of the individual and that is inherent in the US constitution no matter how many clever lawyers try to manipulate their way around it.

We have the ability to be a unified force, a hive mind think tank and very well informed on the Scientology's dark practices like no others in such large force have gone before us.

We have also the brave ex scientologists ready to battle now they have support, breaking down Scientology corporation's mind control efforts to stop dissidence through their various programs.

The key now is to support this parliamentary enquiry and encourage as many ex scientologists as possible to come forward.

We need to make sure it is clear that ex scientologists should be able to get government protection in this process and be able to come forward anonymously.

The Scientology corporation maintains strict disconnection/ family control and many thousands would like to come forward but cannot because they still have family ties within Scientology. There are many who are just afraid, and rightly so, that the cult will attack them if they stand up.

It is no doubt that the Australian public will outlaw Scientology in Australia as a religion and also outlaw its illegal policies and behavior if enough people come forward. When the Australian people want something done as a collective the australian politicians follow. The Australian people are some of the highest taxed people in the world. They hate it when their tax dollar goes astray.

At the moment the general word on the street is that it is a religion and should be left alone. People have the right to choose what they believe no matter how stupid the belief etc... This is obviously changing day by day and there is much debate in Australia at the moment. The debate needs to focus on the things that do not make Scientology a religion, the first and foremost is that their belief system is implanted via mind control techniques rather than through natural process and therfore does not constitute belief of the free person but rather the opposite.

We need to encourage debate in Aus and create a precedence. Xenupone made an important point which you dont see American politicians doing. That a religion is not above the law.

Please make it be heard... An enquiry is needed and for a proper enquiry to go forward anonymity needs to be guaranteed.

= great win
  16. Belladonna Member

Correct spelling
    "subpoenaed"

"Xenophon"
  17. exOT8Michael Member

18. JohnnyRUClear Member

A large part of the confusion is due to the dual meanings of the word "Scientology". We're accustomed to using the word "Scientology" to refer to Hubbard's system of teachings and practices, which could in fact be considered a "religion" to its adherents, and also to what Brennan calls "organized Scientology", the system of fictional entities set up to perpetuate the scam upon this planet's least-informed human occupants.

When this dual meaning is taken into consideration, discussion about "Scientology" (either meaning) will become much clearer, and the issues much less puzzling. For example, nobody is proposing that the private, individual pursuit of Hubbard's ideas be banned. However, the system/network of fictional entities set up to perpetuate the scam can be opposed per se, not because they are staffed by people who believe in Hubbard's drivel, but because of the criminal behavior of those people and those entities.

You forgot "Miscavige".

Frankly, I suggest that that user simply start over with a new account, and proofread their username this time. ;-)