Customize

Haiti Relief - Urgent IAS Announcement!

Discussion in 'Leaks & Legal' started by Anonymous, Jan 17, 2010.

1. juche Member

2. Ogsonofgroo Member

Re: Haiti Relief - Urgent IAS Announcement!

Indeed, but what would a mere Wog know.
  3. PodPeople Member

Yeah, it's not like every news agency hasn't explained this (only send $ for disasters) for decades now
  4. Re: Haiti Relief - Urgent IAS Announcement!

What do news agencies know?

Scientology's Bridge Publications Inc. is not the best place to send money?

The Way To Happiness booklets and touch assists could help save so many lives.

I thought they were the only ones who could help.

Imagine if Scientology Volunteer Ministers were the only ones to show up at a disaster, now that would truly be a real total disaster.
  5. Anonymous Member

Yeah, I bet.
  6. Anonymous Member

Here is a start point for donos:

Haiti Quake: How to Help - CBS News

I picked one at random that looked legit and already in-country:

Planting Peace

Unless you are a medical professional or skilled in urban search and rescue, your body is not needed in Haiti. Send $$.
  7. Jeff Jacobsen Member

Keep track of the Haiti VMs!
    ELLEN VOLUNTEERING IN HAITI

We need to fire off a team to Haiti to keep an eye on the VMs. Any volunteers? Be sure to grab a few doctors and water bottles on the way so they'll let you in.
  8. rof Member

other yellow shirts

[ame=http://vimeo.com/8900120]After the Earthquake: A Compilation of Ciné Institute Coverage on Vimeo[/ame]
  9. Anonymous Member

Jeez, don't these people do any research? "Hi, I am here for the children. Just hand over 40 or so. Thank you."

Only prospective adoptive parents and children already matched up and in the system are being expedited out. It is estimated that new adoptions of earthquake-orphaned children may take up to one year to process to avoid scams and to try to find relatives first.
  10. Anonymous Member

Though I should not discount the possibility that the gal in gray is not a VM but works for a legit agency that is using the charter to bring back some of those aforementioned already-matched children.
  11. Anonymous Member

[IMG]
  12. Anonymous Member

13. Anonymous Member

Found link on the Drudge Report:

Scientologists 'heal' Haiti quake victims using touch - Jan 23, 2010

Amid the mass of aid agencies piling in to help Haiti quake victims is a batch of Church of Scientology "volunteer ministers", claiming to use the power of touch to reconnect nervous systems.

Clad in yellow T-shirts emblazoned with the logo of the controversial US-based group, smiling volunteers fan out among the injured lying under makeshift shelters in the courtyard of Port-au-Prince's General Hospital.

A wealthy private donor provided his airplane to fly in 80 volunteers from Los Angeles, along with 50 Haitian-American-doctors, in a gesture worth 400,000 dollars, said a Parisian volunteer who gave her name as Sylvie.

"We're trained as volunteer ministers, we use a process called 'assist' to follow the nervous system to reconnect the main points, to bring back communication," she said.

"When you get a sudden shock to a part of your body the energy gets stuck, so we re-establish communication within the body by touching people through their clothes, and asking people to feel the touch."

Next to her lay 22-year-old student Oscar Elweels, whose father rescued him from the basement of his school where he lay with a pillar on his leg for a day after the deadly January 12 quake.

His right leg was amputated below the knee and his left leg was severely bruised and swollen.

More than half of his fellow students died in the rubble of his school, although the rest of his family was unscathed, he said, thanking God.

"One hour ago he had no sensation in his left leg, so I explained the method to him, I touched him and after a while he said 'now I feel everything'," said Sylvie.

"Otherwise they might have had to amputate his other leg. Now his sister knows the method and she can do it."

Asked about the method being used on him, a smiling Elweels described it as "a sort of harmony between the nerves, a kind of exercise. I couldn't feel at all, but then I could."

Does he know Scientology? "Yes, it's a French organization," he said.

"All the patients are happy with the technique," said Sylvie. "But some doctors don't like the yellow T-shirts. It's a color thing," she insisted.

Another group of Scientologists distributed antibiotic pills. "The doctors said give everyone with wounds antibiotics," said Italian volunteer Marina.

Some doctors at the hospital are skeptical. One US doctor, who asked not to be named, snorted: "I didn't know touching could heal gangrene."

When asked what the Scientologists are doing here, another doctor said: "I don't know."

Do you care? "Not really," she said, wheeling an unconscious patient out of the operating room to join hundreds of others in the hospital's sunny courtyard.

Breitbart.com
  14. Anonymous Member

Are these guys fucking kidding about a tragedy? JIVE AID?

jiveaid.jpg
  15. Anonymous Member

16. RedOrbifold Member

I'm skeptical of this one...
  17. Smurf Member

It seems that the Volunteer Ministers are using their charms to bring Haitian families to the U.S. Hmm... new slave labor using religious visas the Scilons commonly abuse?

"having BBQ for newly arrived Haitian family who was able to get out....gonna show them some ol' southern hospitality"

Brad Kugler (braddva) on Twitter
  18. pooks Member

From stupid cult moron Wendy Honnor

Hello Everyone

Our meeting last night at Auditors Night at the AO was great and our briefing about Haiti and the VM's there and the amazing things they are doing, was incredible! We have some VMs who have volunteered to travel to Haiti to join our International Disaster Response VM team. This is very very well done and we are proud of them!

I have some more data today for you regarding Haiti.

Conditions are pretty brutal there due to the fact that the entire infrastrcture (essential services, power, water, medical services, transport, telephones, roads, etc) of the city was knocked out.

So the VM Unit has to provide for our VMs all the food, bottle water and showers are very scarce.

So any VM who wants to go needs to be prepared for this situation. I have a list of things that you personally need to take and also an application form. If you would like this, then email me and I can email it back to you.

It takes a a very high level of confront to go to a situation like this, but of course as you can imagine, it will change your life forever. It's not every life time that you get to save so many lives, let alone save them all within a few days or weeks. It is impossible to calculate the incredible theta universe win from doing that, both for you and the people you save.

If you are thinking about going and have questions about it, or you just want to know basic things about being at a major disaster, (is it dangerous, what happens if there is an after shock, where do I sleep, what do I eat, what if I am suddenly scared, how do I contact my family, when can I come home etc etc) phone me on 04211 98786, or email me, or come and see me. I would be very happy to get in comm with you about it. And even if you decide that you don't want to go, I would be glad that I was able to help you in any way that you needed.

In all the reports and film and photos you see about Haiti and it's trauma right now, just know, that there are a million ways we know how and can help, and we are!

And of course, if you cannot go, you can drop into to the IAS membership office in your Org and donate money for the needs of the VMs who are going. That would be wonderful!!

Love
    Wendy

Wendy Honnor
    Wendy Honnor :: Bringing Understanding Through Communication

Telephone: +61 4211 98786
  19. pooks Member

VMs BRINGING ORDER INTO HAITI

NEWS FROM THE GROUND

The Volunteer Minister team in
    Haiti is fast becoming a stable
    datum, not just for the people
    of Haiti, but for all relief and
    disaster response organizations
    who are there. In fact, the VMs
    are now attending daily briefings
    and coordinating meetings with
    UN entities and other officials
    on the ground.

The VM team was requested by the Public Health Secretary of
    Haiti to take charge and organize the new medical rescue
    teams who arrive to Haiti. A VM tent has been set up at the
    airport, and is serving as the point where all medical teams
    who arrive in Haiti are registered and routed to those locations
    where they are most needed.

In addition, the VMs have set
    up operations at the General
    Hospital, where they are
    organizing the lines to get
    patients in and treated and are
    giving assists to those who wait.

One Volunteer Minister, who is a
    professional midwife, has helped
    deliver 2 babies at the hospital,
    one of whom was wrapped in a VM T-Shirt as the only clothing available.

The Volunteer Minister relief efforts in Haiti are being made possible by a grant
    from the IAS. All Scientologists can help by making a donation now.

International Association of Scientologists
    (obviously wear a condom before clicking that)
  20. juche Member

Oh please. God, they think FAR too fondly of themselves.
  21. Anonymous Member

Oh Laud! Will Their be fried chicken and water melon?
  22. Optimisticate Member

These claims are disturbing and need to be investigated. VM's doing triage? I do not know where to start.... media maybe?
  23. DeathHamster Member

CoS can build up a Cool Story from the smallest grain of truth far better than any resume-padder.

Organizing the triage lineups outside the hospital probably means that they were camped outside because the US Army wouldn't let them in, so they started loudly bossing (in English) the Haiti humanoids waiting in the usual chaotic third world "line up" and were generally ignored.
  24. basil Member

It's gone round their Facebook group too, which my sock is a member of.
  25. Anonymous Member

I can't find evidence that Haiti has a governmental position called a Public Health Secretary. Interesting how they didn't mention the official's name.
  26. basil Member

27. Anonymous Member

My mother was an O'Brien. That's the common spelling of the surname. (Brian is the first name).
  28. Optimisticate Member

It looks like "Public Health Secretary" is a lower level, ie city, position, not a state position as the scilons imply. However, it looks like there is a higher position, General Health Secretary that is currently held by Gabriel Thimote. Of interesting note, the Dominican Republic has a state level position called "Public Health Secretary" and is occupied by Bautista Rojas.

Are they actually reporting from DR instead of Haiti?

Edit: A story from a dr working at General Hospital in Port au Prince right now - looks like no security, no military, patients sleeping in tents... sounds like the VM's have found what they were looking for!! http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2010/01/19-5
  29. Anonymous Member

I'm sure it has the same function. I just find it odd that they called the person of authority by a different title than actually exists. It's like calling our President the Prime Minister. If they were telling the truth, they'd know the actual title of the position AND the officials' name. Just my thoughts
  30. Optimisticate Member

The volunteer ministers site now has pictures up supposedly from the hospital. (Found lings here: Twitter / @ScientologyNews/Volunteer Minister). They're nice enough to hide the link in their twitter posts (http://bit.ly/4t6noN) but it goes to a scilon site so proxy use is encouraged.

Can anyone make out the name of the group in white shirts (last pic)?
  31. RedOrbifold Member

either way, this is oh so harpoonable
  32. Re: Haiti Relief - Urgent IAS Announcement!

33. Robocat Member

FUNNY!

Scientologists ´Heal´ Haitian Quake Victims With the Touch of Their Hands

Scientologists ´Heal´ Haitian Quake Victims With the Touch of Their Hands

A group of Scientology "volunteer ministers" in bright yellow T-shirts has fanned out among the victims of the earthquake in Haiti and are claiming that they have the power to "reconnect" victims´ nervous systems using the power of touch.

A wealthy donor contributed $400,000 to fly 80 such volunteers, along with 50 Haitian-American doctors, to Port-au-Prince. "We use a process called ´assist´ to follow the nervous system to reconnect the main points," a volunteer minister said.

"When you get a sudden shock to a part of your body the energy gets stuck, so we re-establish communication within the body," the volunteer said. A U.S. doctor who´s heard of the practice said, "I didn´t know touching could heal gangrene."
  34. Anonymous Member

I can't find a source for that PR issued, but suffice it to say it was issued a day AFTER the Hatian Government declared that Rescue efforts would be stopping and anyway no new RESCUE teams will be arriving!

Does anybody know how Scientology managed to get the Government of Puerto Rico to ship over their big yellow tent courtesy of the Puerto Rican Taxpayer??
    With all the money pouring into coffers for "ideal orgs" -expensive and unnecessary Real Estate purchases worldwide- one would think the Church would pay to ship their own supplies over. That tent took up valuable space that could probably have been used for other essential supplies.
  35. SeenTheLight Member

From ABLE UK:

2hofc0m.png
  36. lambear Member

This is their latest PR using their yellow shirts :

Volunteer Ministers

Needed in Haiti
    The first one's boarding the plane. This was originally a 5-story supermarket with dozens if not hundreds of people inside when the quake hit. The smell told us that this was definitely the case.

Haiti experienced a 7.2 Earthquake on January12th 2010

We have been working shoulder to shoulder with other relief organizations

as well as Local and National Government Agencies

We have had 3 planes out of the US thus far,

We are transporting medical doctors, medical supplies

and Volunteer Ministers.

We are also running weekly (free) Assist workshops (Tues 7:00pm)

to train VMs and public as well as those VMs wanting to go to HAITI for the relief effort.

If you would like to donate towards this effort or get news updates,

Go to Blogs | blog.volunteerministers.org

To volunteer, please call/e-mail: Judy Fagerman, TampaBay VM I/C

(727) 410-6921 / Judy@TampaBayVMs.com
    4 attachments — Download all attachments View all images
    image001.gif image001.gif
    16K View Download
    image002.gif image002.gif
    13K View Download
    image003.gif image003.gif
    15K View Download
    image004.gif image004.gif
    10K View Download
  37. Anonymous Member

To the world, their unmitigated shamelessness will shine through.

An opportunistic, babbling, bunch of know-nothings, saving the world~ one touch at a time.

Have you checked your back pocket lately?
  38. Civilian Member

this is in response to someone who stated that they're not allowed to go.... um, there are articles on the web stating that john tavolta flew ministers over there on his jet just yesterday.. so yes, they are allowed to go.. somehow..
  39. Re: Haiti Relief - Urgent IAS Announcement!

Well, that's encouraging, as poorly trained as they are to begin with, they're flying in VM's who need training?

So, they're training vm's on Tuesdays @ 7 (free, lol)

Other than putting on a yellow jacket, are there any other requirements to becoming a Scientology Volunteer "Minister"?

WTF are these people doing, GTFO of the way.

They're using up valuable resources in Haiti.

Sum Ting Wong
  40. Triumph Member

A group To keep an eye on is The Greater Washington Haiti Relief Committee or
    GWHRC it is run out of the Haitian Embassy and Is staffed by
    Almost entirely Staffed Scientology ..
    they are running a lot of New Propaganda out of that office..spamming the net pretty heavily out of that office..always trumpeting what a great job Scientology is doing... keep an eye on anything GWHRC

The DC homeland security is also there..as part of the staff.

and they have a GWHRC facebook page they are pushing Scientology Black PR message's out of.as well . so keep an eye on whats posted there...