Customize

Gunfire heard at Gold Base? Probably not. [pure speculation]

Discussion in 'GoldBase' started by Moonbat69, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonbat69 Member

Gunfire heard at Gold Base? Probably not. [pure speculation]

You were there! I saw your head turn at the point of the sound.
    What did you hear then ?

Also, could the Gtone be a camouflage to gunfire and is this the gun shot that TD is trying to pin on anonymous ?

Hmm
  2. The Shadow Member

re: "Camouflaged" Observation Post

How I didn't hear that gunshot in the video the first time is beyond me. That's a 'stay down or we'll shoot you where you stand' warning shot to AO (chances are, it hit the ground near him but he won't have noticed in the confusion)

I think, Gold protesters, you are not going to be able to get any evidence of it being a sniper's nest without some level of risk. I think there ARE ways it could be done, that is testing the sniper without any harm coming to anyone, but you'd have to have balls of steel.

The Shadow suggests your best option for now, is clarify exactly who owns that land, and then go from there. If that's not CoS property, then you should be able to press to have whatever it is (sniper or observation, doesn't matter) removed legally.

Close-up photos.....well, you need two things. You need an Anon with a lot of money who is willing to contribute for the cause, and then you need to find a helicopter pilot who is willing to get right down close to the nest, I'm talking below FAA regulation altitude (200ft I think, thereabouts?) right on top of the damn thing. And then you take pictures, but also shoot video in case you're fired on.
  3. Anonymous Member

HOW THE FUCK WAS THAT GUNSHOT MISSED ON AO'S ARREST VIDEO?
  4. The Shadow Member

TBH, even The Shadow didn't catch it when he first saw it.

Basic psychology, it is perfectly normal to miss things that are right out in the open if your mind is concentrating on other factors. In this case, we were all so concentrated on what was going on on-screen, trying to make out exactly what was happening to AO (read: rubbernecking), we missed the gunshot.

It's a warning shot, make no mistake, and it's definitely NOT from any sci goon's sidearm; that's a high powered rifle, I can tell by the sound
  5. PimpXenu Member

That does SOUND like a gunshot. Not a pistol, as thats more of a POP, but the resounding CRACK of a rifle round. I wouldnt necessarily say it's a "high powered" rifle though.

I dont really see anyone reacting to it though, thats seems odd. but who knows with all the organ music going on.
  6. LocalSP Member

I can't believe I missed that too. That was definitely a gunshot. Even the fuktard guard looked up when he heard it.
  7. PimpXenu Member

The camera is kind of shakey. But i dont see that. They seem to be minding their hogtie effort, and only one of them seems to look up a few seconds after the gunshot, at a glance to see what the camera guy is looking at.

I dunno, i'm not convinced. It sounds kind of like one, but with all the noise and commotion going on, who knows what it was? I mean, if you're in a situation like that, and a gunshot goes off...you'd expect a much bigger reaction from everyone.
  8. LocalSP Member

As a hunter I know what a gunshot outdoors sounds like. That was definitely a rifle shot. It maybe that the guard did look up because of the camera but I would stake my life on that being a shot from a medium caliber rifle.
  9. sheep dip Member

in my opinion it was not a gun shot.
    it sounded more like a diesel trucks air brakes.
    i believe a rifle would echo through that whole valley.
    the protesters there should be able to recall what they heard and help clear this up.
    i am still unsure what that noise is though. maybe i'm wrong.
    i am now girding myslef for the inevitable torrent of name calling and osa osa osa directed my way.
    i hate to poop on this parade but i ate a lot of fiber last night.
  10. anoninoob Member

If this was in fact a gunshot, the FBI would be very, very interested in this. Can original tapes be given to the FBI for analysis?
  11. The Shadow Member

1. Aircraft have air brakes

2. Loud enough to be heard OVER the Gold Tone, and it does echo

3. GTFO OSA
  12. anoninoob Member

I happen to agree. Sounds like a shot but one that loud would have been noticed by all protesters. My initial reaction was that the sound was added but it is on youtube video as well.

Someone needs to run an audio analysis or no dox.
  13. LocalSP Member

The echo is what convinced me that it was a rifle shot. My damaged eardrums are testament to my hearing too many shots with out proper ear protection.
  14. FreakE420 Member

Noticed Barb turns toward the direction of the camera right after the noise (shot). Where is the snipers nest in relation to where she was standing? Just curious,,anybody?
  15. sheep dip Member

1. Aircraft have air brakes

2. Loud enough to be heard OVER the Gold Tone, and it does echo

3. GTFO OSA[/QUOTE]

In the "states" large trucks (lorries) sometimes have brakes that use compressed air which are often referred to as air brakes in the states. and they can be very loud.
    I dont hear an echo or much of one, but maybe my years of osa indoctrination have deafened me.
    just my opinion.
    maybe the shadow knows in which case i suck cocks.
    now,,where was i,,,oh yeah, back to clearing this sector of the galaxy.
  16. CantPickaName Member

Yeah i was kinda thinking the cam guy actually turned his head and tried to supress a sneeze and it came out....the cam did not suddenly look for where a shot came from...barb did look at the cam..and the guards didnt flinch

Im keeping an open mind though on this
  17. LocalSP Member

I think that it came from the direction of the grassy knoll.
  18. CantPickaName Member

Ok now i have an image in my head of David M Dressed in grass como with a sniper rifle

"The grassy Gnome"
  19. LocalSP Member

Well played CantPickaName, well played.
  20. Anonymous Member

IS THIS THE GUN SHOT TOMMY DAVIS IS TALKING ABOUT IN THE BACA KESQ INTERVIEW?

Not only that, is this why Tommy Daivs made mention of it in the interview because he is afraid that this will be used in court with AO and they've already made plans to say it was anonymous when in fact it was them?

And Barb, why haven't you responded ?
  21. anoninoob Member

The soft, fluffy, punches of doom strike again.
  22. FreakE420 Member

blk1-Copy-Copy.jpg
  23. Moonbat69 Member

LOL awesome : )

10/10
  24. PimpXenu Member

I dont know what the noise was, it sounded like a gunshot, but who knows. I know for a fact it did NOT sound like air brakes, i hear them every day, when applied they sound nothing like that, when released (that PSSSSHHT! sound you hear on the schoolbus) they still sound nothing like that. get your shit together.
  25. Kilia Member

Like this sound?:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjukeXNrX-k]YouTube - leaving flying j Lodi[/ame]
  26. Ima Nonymous Member

That is the sound of pneumatic (air) brakes all right... (Air brakes on an aircraft are another thing altogether).
    I've listened to the audio from the recording of AO being assaulted and it is different from the example you supplied.
    Sounds can be described in terms of Attack, Sutain, Decay and Release. ASDR for short. The volume of air brakes wouldn't have overcome the very loud and closer-by organ tone from the speakers. The "attack" is not nearly as sharp as the sound in the arrest video. The decay and release are substantially different.
    I'm not sure what sound that is in the arrest video. It sounds suspiciously like a gun shot in a movie to me... but with all due respect, not like air brakes on an 18 wheeler.
  27. sheep dip Member

yeah. i guess air brakes aren't loud enough to explain the AO video. so now i have no idea.

so i guess maybe i do suck cocks.

i was just trying to apply occams razor , before a bunch of foily heads jump in and go to the press with " the second gunman standing next to zapruder did it and he had bigfoot as his get away driver and they hid out in a safe house with some anti-castro cubans and the trilateral commision."
  28. PimpXenu Member

The video is a good example, you cant really even hear the brakes from inside the cab of the truck, much less off to the side of the road, with all that noise going on. When air brakes are applied, there's actually no noise at all. All you hear is a metalic creaking sometimes as the brakes apply. When they realease you get a VERY soft sound of compressed air being released. There's no way you'd hear that standing that far off the road, and above the 120 db noise blasters. Plus, its sounds nothing at all like the noise heard. I keep saying i'm not sure if it's a gunsht, but it definitely sounds like one.

Other causes of noise from air brakes would be setting the parking brake. I dont see why anyone would be setting them in this scenerio, does anyone who was there remember a semi-truck parking along the road? In any case, thats a little nosier than releasing the brakes, but sounds about the same, still doesnt sound anywhere near like the sound heard in the video.

Also the air dryers purge themselves every 5 minutes or so. That's just a quick blast of compressed air, once again sounds nothing like the noise in the video.

The noise, that i hear at least, sounds like some kind of physical explosion. It could of come from an aircraft, a sonic boom far away maybe. Maybe someone kicking in the afterburners overhead. if there's a lot of aircraft traffic in that area, then that would make sense why nobody really pays attention to it. As for aircraft air brakes...well, is there an airstrip like...within a mile of gold base? If no, i dont really see why an aircraft would be applying it's brakes in the air....
  29. eddieVroom Member

There are two things I did a fair amount of in the Army: Firing rifles and driving two and a half ton trucks with air brakes. And nobody I ever worked with mistook air brakes for rifle fire. Otherwise, we'd have had the grunts emptying their clips every damn time lunch got delivered.

I think this is worthy of serious investigation. Is anyone running this by Nathan Baca yet?
  30. eddieVroom Member

Gunfire at Gold Base?

From http://forums.whyweprotest.net/249-goldbase/camoflaged-observation-post-41365/5/#post790581

Xenubarb posted:

There is some speculation that it may have been the sound of air brakes on the highway. Thing is, it can be heard clearly over the Gold Tone -- and two things I did a lot of in the Army was firing rifles and driving two and a half ton trucks with air brakes. I never knew anyone to mistake air brakes for gunfire. Considering that we'd probably have had grunts emptying their clips every damn time lunch got delivered if they did lol...

So that gets us back to: Was this a "warning shot" from the sniper's nest?

I can haz Waco nao?
  31. anonsparrow Member

re: Gunfire heard at Gold Base? Probably not. [pure speculation]

If we could hear it that good then others there would have heard it better and noone reacted from what I can see.

Fail.
  32. coskilla Member

As someone who fires alot of guns this definately sounds like a rifle of some sort(not real high velocity one). however gold tone makes it hard to tell. but it also sounds like metal on metal like a car hitting a long metal fence.
  33. xenubarb Member

Truth is, I didn't hear it at the time. I don't think anyone did, which is surprising because it's so clear on the video. I find it hard to believe that I wouldn't notice a report like that. Maybe on the ground where we were, the Gold Tone drowned it out.

I have no other idea why we didn't hear it.
  34. coskilla Member

Yea we probably all just paranoid looking to hard into it. but sharp obersavtion anyways eddivrrooom
  35. FreakE420 Member

In the above video XenuBarb turns her head toward the direction off the camera.Looks like a reaction to something. But she would remember it,right.Maybe not,that was a pretty heated moment right then and there.Maybe a subconscious reaction.

Where is the sniper post in relation to where she was at the time? Curious if it is behind where the camera was which is the direction she looked in.

My 3 cents
  36. eddieVroom Member

Creds to Xenubarb on that catch. I just thought it deserved it's own thread.

And if it was a warning shot, it didn't neccesarily have to come from Eagle.
  37. xenubarb Member

If I heard it, it didn't register as a shot or you woulda seen me hit the deck, pronto!
  38. Anonymous Member

Here is not Rio. People report bursting balloons here. File a report with the video and they have to keep it on record. If there's no practice range around they should do sound analysis and look for some high power rifles, otherwise they are not doing their job. I would think AO likes to volunteer?
  39. Tommy Davis Member

Sorry It was just me.

I accidentally shot my foot.

:'(
  40. FreakE420 Member

Found this video. Its kinda boring but the guy has weird music playing while he is shooting a rifle. Other shots can be heard also.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTQB-m4Ysxc"]YouTube - Mid-Range Rifle Shooting (600 yards)[/ame]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.